1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dengar is a reminder for us adults to remind our children how marketing/merchandising plays a key role in our lives. I’m in my 40’s and I have known Dengar all my life playing with this figure since ESB. Yet he had zero screen time (up close) in the movie. Compare that to ZUCKUSS and 4 LOM who have full body up close detailed shots and I had no idea they existed until during ROTJ where ZUCKUSS was a mail away action figure.

I did remove the stock butt of the rifle, so now he is more or less in screen shot pose from Empire. I am very annoyed though that Sideshow didn't bother making hands that actually hold the gun easily, and with screen accuracy. They nailed the hands for Zuckuss, so why not this one?

Dengar Full Front.jpg

The belly armor is annoying. It seems like it's held in place by nothing but a pin from the back of the belt buckle, and it constantly wants to sit cockeyed. I futzed it so it looks close to the screen shot with the buckle slightly to his right, but the belly armor straight. It was hard to keep that in place while cramming the gun into his hands.

Dengar Waist Up.jpg

The head wrap is rubber and just slips on like a beanie.

Dengar Head.jpg

The straps all feel like cheap crap and may eventually rot away. Thankfully you don't need to mess with them out of the box. But you can see how the green one here is already roughed up a lot just from the factory putting it through the buckle.

Dengar Back.jpg

Dengar Full Profile Right.jpg

Overall I'm still really pleased with this piece, and it's amazing to finally have all the bounty hunters. I painted the prototype Fett nearly nine years ago. It's been a long wait, but it's over. Yay!

Big props to Sideshow for making the pack go on easy. It simply magnetizes to a piece already screwed and strapped onto the body.

Last edited:
Face looks so lifeless to me. Like a cheap toy. I guess i'm just spoiled by HT, humans are Sideshow's weakness.

You can even use one of the MG-34 guns (like from a Stormtrooper or 4-LOM) and it'd still be movie accurate....from a certain point of view lol. Not to mention, this is the same gun Dengar gets with the Hasbro figures (or at least the vintage collection one). But no one wants there Dengar displayed with the same blaster as 4-LOM.
d 3.jpgd 2.jpgd 5.jpg

He looks pretty good, especially with the end of the MG removed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He may have posed with that gun for some stills, but it's not what he's holding in the movie.
It doesn't matter than it's a different gun seen in the final cut of the movie. Dengar's doing the same thing either way - just standing there motionless just like in those pics holding the other gun lol. Got my shipping notice today and after looking at a Dragon 1/6 MG-42; that shoulder piece doesn't seem too hard to cleanly remove. It looks like it just might snap off with some pressure..but maybe taking a dremel to it would be best.

The face is pretty impressive in person. Just not photogenic I guess.
Glad to hear. My first reaction when I saw your first posted pic was *Uh!*. Then seeing up close that dead eyed, no driver behind the eyes look concerned me. But I know it'll look better in hand under some lighting that'll cast a shadow over it's face. Then again, the 'no driver behind the wheel' look is fitting for Dengar; considering what happened to them. Dengar just had heavy eye lids and tired eyes. Sideshow gave there's more of a coked up version of what he'd look like.

I found a 1/6 MG42 “kit” on eBay it came in about 15 pieces not bad for painting up and even removing the stock for a more accurate look.
f77352d77ed59215bb3ebe8d16ece0aa.jpg
bottom is. The old 2002 hasbro.

that shoulder piece doesn't seem too hard to cleanly remove. It looks like it just might snap off with some pressure..but maybe taking a dremel to it would be best.

Don't Dremel it!

I just used an X-Acto knife in the gap between the butt and the main body and tapped it with a pair of pliers. Enough pressure and it popped right off leaving a protruding piece off the main body that the butt simple plugs onto. It can easily be glued right back on later if you decide to sell the piece.

Don't Dremel it!

I just used an X-Acto knife in the gap between the butt and the main body and tapped it with a pair of pliers. Enough pressure and it popped right off leaving a protruding piece off the main body that the butt simple plugs onto. It can easily be glued right back on later if you decide to sell the piece.

Thanks for warning me! I totally see what you mean....and glad it's not a messy surgery. Appreciate the detailed information.

Back