1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally popped this open yesterday and gotta say I’m really, really, REALLY diggin’ him!

It definitely didn’t start out that way though. When I saw SS’s production pics, I was genuinely pissed off. We’ve all been waiting a long time for a high end Dengar and SS’s protos had me beyond pumped. When the production pics dropped and I saw this doe-eyed, tender-foot looking creampuff… I was furious. It’s that kind of disappointment that’s really been dampening my love for the hobby.

After finally catching up here, seeing some better pics and KK’s review, I decided to dig this box out of exile and what a serious surprise when I popped it open.

Sure, he did lose that mean, gritty, bad ass appearance which I’m sure was one of the biggest draws for most of us, but he really doesn’t look horrible in person. The paint is very decent. Just the eye work is letting down the hardened look we originally saw. The overall awesome presence and quality of the fig made that more acceptable for me, and even more so if you half cover one eye with the head wrap.

The heft of the piece, sturdy body, detail of accessories and good production paint detail on the backpack (drop from proto but to an expected degree) really helped overlook any qualms I still may have about losing that mean mug we saw in the protos. The sturdy fit and finish of how the backpack attaches is high quality and nice & easy.

Only real nits are I wish the armor retained some of the weathering we saw in the protos and the neck of the hood still had enough slack to bunch up. One of my pouches is missing the magnets.

Love this piece!!!! WAY more impressive than expected

Did a total repaint.
20180328_123730.jpg
20180328_123457.jpg

Just a question guys...I´m interested in purchase all the sideshow BH but I have doubts...which are better the original release or the new ones? With Bossk and IG-88 I have the options for buy both versions...Original Bossk and IG or new Bossk and IG??? What do??

For IG, i would go with original release. Lots of complaints with rerelease. Bossk, though i own V.1, i hear V.2 has lots of backers as well.

Thanks. I just did my best to copy the poses from the movie and the main reason I bought some extra cabinets was for the "line-up."

Just a question guys...I´m interested in purchase all the sideshow BH but I have doubts...which are better the original release or the new ones? With Bossk and IG-88 I have the options for buy both versions...Original Bossk and IG or new Bossk and IG??? What do??

Bossk: V1 or V2. V2 is more movie accurate but I do like the snarling sculpt on the V1. Personal preference, really.

IG-88: V1. V1 exclusive if you want the vibro axe, regular if you can live without it. V2 is **** with poor paint operations and poor build quality. They even removed the ratcheted joints of the V1 and the cable on the left leg is threaded the wrong way on a lot or all figures.

Fett: Get the Hot Toys ESB version when it comes out.

Back