SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

So, what retailers are offering the 212th beside SSC?

Toys2 They have all four!

I had the older 212th and 501st for only $76 when it first launched, so technically, for the new ones I am paying an additional $45 for the backpac, weathered paint and additional helmet.

I see only a slight difference in the phaseII helmet. Not sure if it's worth "upgrading" so to speak as I do not troopbuild 1/6 figs. I only do so for 3.75"

Anyone else knows if it's a newer body?

Thanks for the heads up. Prices are all over the board depending on retailers. My usual source that initially only offered both Shiny and Veteran finally put 501st and 212th on preorder too.
Gonna have to make up my mind on which i want to purchase.

Great price. I usually buy from la Cité des Nuages based in Belgium. Regular price is 139,99€ there but having a premium account brings that to 125,91 €. Must add 10€ shipping fees though.

Not that I have a problem with it as I am glad to see everyone getting all of the clones...but the whole Sidesow Exclusive 212th thing didn't last very long, did it?

I had the older 212th and 501st for only $76 when it first launched, so technically, for the new ones I am paying an additional $45 for the backpac, weathered paint and additional helmet.

I see only a slight difference in the phaseII helmet. Not sure if it's worth "upgrading" so to speak as I do not troopbuild 1/6 figs. I only do so for 3.75"

Anyone else knows if it's a newer body?

Don't know if the body is "new" per se, but the 212th was the first Clone offered, the armored "Pro" body was still new back then with some issues (floppy legs, etc), plus...this new version will feature a fabric body glove (a big "plus" in my book) and the detailing's come a long way too....

The 212th is my personal favorite, so I'm looking at this new version as a worthy "upgrade". I'm hoping it displays well with the Airborne Trooper....

Someone in the development of SSC should really think about cannibalizing that Commander Cody helmet into a normal phase 2 later on, best phase 2 imo.

man, with all of these and now echo/fives and add in wolffe and whoever else...sigh...this is a lot to deal with....i'll just pick and grab parts later on from TA once these 4 hit the shelves..that way, i can only build what i want/need and trade for other stuff as well....so for anyone who is getting these guys and any others...if you have parts that you wont want/need..keep me in mind...lol

on another note...why are they pushing the clones so much? are they just that easy to make or does everyone want that many? id like to see some of the other characters made or remade for that point..lol...dont get me wrong, i love the clones...but really would love some other figures....lol

Spacing Clone releases would be very welcome. With those 4 DX clones, Wolffe and now Echo & Five, it's nearly $900 Worth of clones coming our way in the next 9 months. Add an eventual couple clones from the Wolffe pack and we'll be well over a $1000. Just crazy.

man, with all of these and now echo/fives and add in wolffe and whoever else...sigh...this is a lot to deal with....i'll just pick and grab parts later on from TA once these 4 hit the shelves..that way, i can only build what i want/need and trade for other stuff as well....so for anyone who is getting these guys and any others...if you have parts that you wont want/need..keep me in mind...lol

on another note...why are they pushing the clones so much? are they just that easy to make or does everyone want that many? id like to see some of the other characters made or remade for that point..lol...dont get me wrong, i love the clones...but really would love some other figures....lol

They can basically reuse the same molds over and over again, with just slight differences and paint jobs. Whereas a new alien character would require actual effort in sculpting, tooling, molds, etc.

or does everyone want that many?

Who wants that many?

tumblr_lkoucqTEGl1qavgr8.gif

You have to remember that there are folks like myself who only buy Phase I clones so we've passed on the other variations, there are some who only buy Phase II clones so they've been waiting, there are some that have decided to avoid EU so Echo and Fives didn't make them flinch.

It's rare that you have collectors who've gone all in and from that point, those who have are already nutty enough to buy them all anyway.

Who wants that many?

It's rare that you have collectors who've gone all in and from that point, those who have are already nutty enough to buy them all anyway.

...really nutty...

You have no idea how happy my online guy was when I e-mailed him about an order for the Deluxe Clone Troopers...I had to E-mail him..... the site couldn't handle my order...

Last edited:

Always wondered if you'd post pictures of your displays. Last pics I remember seeing was a shipment (last year, I think) of a few cases of clones arriving, all still boxed-up (hope your guy gives you a deal!).

Have you got a display thread, canadaclone? Not a huge clone fan and don't feel the urge to buy any (aside from when Stormtroopers and the Scouts come out) but always thought your displays would be pretty neat, just because of the variety and overwhelming numbers. Anyway, looking good!

Don't know if the body is "new" per se, but the 212th was the first Clone offered, the armored "Pro" body was still new back then with some issues (floppy legs, etc), plus...this new version will feature a fabric body glove (a big "plus" in my book) and the detailing's come a long way too....

The 212th is my personal favorite, so I'm looking at this new version as a worthy "upgrade". I'm hoping it displays well with the Airborne Trooper....

My 501st nor my 212th didn't have floppy legs, they were able to stand on their own. Detailing is of course fantastic, but not sure if it's worth 46 USD more. I already have Rex on Phase 1 helmet so technically, less the markings, I already have a 501st Phase 1 clone trooper. I also have Cmder Cody...

I tend to agree with some guys here, seems sideshow is pushing alot of clones of the late after Maglus (Clone Cmders, Deluxe troops, now Echo 5s etc). I was hoping for a Biker Scout or AT-AT driver in the works..

Back