SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow offers free shipping now?

No. Some YouTubers/reviewers are sent figures for free to review and either get to keep the figure for free just for doing the review or pay a discounted price to keep the figure if memory serves. I could be wrong but I believe that's how it worked in the olden days.

As for Jheda, it depends on if Sideshow sent him the figure to do the review or if he bought it himself but still got some $$ as an affiliate for doing the review. Again, I could be wrong and I'm no reviewer, that's just how I remember it working years ago.

Very cool shots! The yellow visor gives him that 70s dave cockrum vibe which is dope. Also that brown suit wolvie is still one of the best 1/6 sideshow figures imo. Head sculpt is amazing on that one!

6C180156-9E4B-482C-ABF1-F6B8014149A3.jpeg
7E32988C-5202-47CF-9D4F-88399DAD831C.jpeg
7BE0D06B-15F2-47A3-801F-8644073697F7.jpeg
D4936F51-F7D4-4331-9861-1F51BDBA8400.jpeg

Well my waitlist for the EX of this guy converted and got him in last Friday. I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at how good it looks in hand. Pics made it seem so thin and with the arm proportions being too slim. He definitely looks a little bulkier in hand. I'm enjoying it as is out of box for right now before I see what it looks like with an arm swap from Infinity War Cap and different muscle chest piece. I'm pretty happy with it though. He definitely brings some bright pop to the display since just about all my other figures have dark colors with the exception of Joker and Superman. The only thing I don't like are that the yellow trunks are a different shade than the more school-bus yellow used on the sculpted elements and the fact that all the sculpted pieces are cast in flesh-tone for some reason. I tried to smooth out some mold lines and cut some flashing bits to find exposed flesh-tone instead of yellow so now I have to do some paint touch ups. But even with that, I still really like this guy especially that I have him on a SooSooToys xmen hex-stand instead of the boring solid black from SSC.

I never liked the underbody for this figure. It was just too “slim”. So I switched out the base body with the sideshow superman body and tightened the bodysuit to show more muscle

less articulation for a better look IMO

Attachments

• 9F43B1FA-DB1E-4CA9-86C6-61E66C3BCAA1.jpeg
    9F43B1FA-DB1E-4CA9-86C6-61E66C3BCAA1.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 114
  • F996AEEC-A09D-425B-A500-C29BD0FCB6EF.jpeg
    F996AEEC-A09D-425B-A500-C29BD0FCB6EF.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 113
Very nice! I gave mine a new chestpiece and arms from HT Darth Vader to maintain elbow articulation. He’s nice and buff now instead of looking all thin and wimpy

Very nice! I gave mine a new chestpiece and arms from HT Darth Vader to maintain elbow articulation. He’s nice and buff now instead of looking all thin and wimpy
can't wait for pics. I thought of doing the Man of Steel body.. which is pretty much the same as Vader. would love to see the result!

can't wait for pics. I thought of doing the Man of Steel body.. which is pretty much the same as Vader. would love to see the result!
I will try to post some though I can’t guarantee they’ll look good :lol I’m not usually great at taking photos of my figures unfortunately. I think the neck on the Vader/MoS body would be way too big for the Cyclops head. I just used the arms and the chestpiece I used is from some random body I found online that I thought would work for this figure. The rest is the Sideshow body.

Found this guy for $275 shipped, had to get him since I just purchased Gambit. I already own Wolverine brown suit, and tempted to get the yellow suit version. Regret on not buying Magneto.

Found this guy for $275 shipped, had to get him since I just purchased Gambit. I already own Wolverine brown suit, and tempted to get the yellow suit version. Regret on not buying Magneto.
Damn my order was cancelled due to no stock. Put a WTB in the threads

Yeah, I’m in the same boat, hoping I’m not gonna be let down…
Big Bad gets their stock from Sideshow, I believe. If Sideshow is out, they likely won’t get theirs.

Keep hope alive, though. I was able to secure one after waiting a while. They come up every now and then if you’re on FB groups.

It looks like it's been cancelled at other retailers as well. Manufacturer cancellation. Sounds like a second run, but they changed their minds.

Back