SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbleague M33 body swap. Decided to go a head and do this. It took a little work and is doable. The joints on the body just weren't up to my standards and needed to be better for animating. Please enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to give you all the answers for you do do the same body swap.

IMG_20210127_072826137 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_072841698 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_072917309 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_073014217 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_073157899 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_073305429 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_073837929 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_073905232 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_100730062 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_100847234 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

IMG_20210127_100855008 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

That looks great. How'd you go about doing this? Was there a clean seam on his outfit that you snipped?

He looks pretty good like that AFM :clap I was hoping the definition in the arms would show through a little better with the body swap however. They look a little sausage-y (not your fault, just the nature of the suit fit). Hmm �� gotta decide what not to use now before moving forward

Lastly, what body is your Wolverine on in the background there? Looks like that could be a good one to swap the SS body on the new tiger strip Wolverine figure

That looks great. How'd you go about doing this? Was there a clean seam on his outfit that you snipped?

The suit has a seam at the waist the is really easy to cut. I didn't even sew it back up.

He looks pretty good like that AFM :clap I was hoping the definition in the arms would show through a little better with the body swap however. They look a little sausage-y (not your fault, just the nature of the suit fit). Hmm �� gotta decide what not to use now before moving forward

Lastly, what body is your Wolverine on in the background there? Looks like that could be a good one to swap the SS body on the new tiger strip Wolverine figure

I was a little dissappointed about the arms to, but since he will be wearing his jacket, it's not a problem. The body on the Wolverine custom is a M3 0 Phicen body. I like the custom bu may get another M3o to put on the Tiger stripe uniform.

Oh FYI, to use the Sideshow feet/shoes you will have to add a connector cup from the bare feet on a Phicen body. Glue them into the Sideshow shoes. They fit right in without any modding.

My Cyclops arrived yesterday, and I love it like a guilty pleasure. But I think I have to do the body swap. That m33 looks great. For my eye, I feel the Lee suit Cyclops needs more muscles. That was the art style then. The base Sideshow body is a lot more fitting for an X-Factor or Astonishing suit, IMO. Anyone else secretly hoping they give us an alternate costume Cyclops ala Shadowlands Daredevil or Noir Batman/Joker?

The suit has a seam at the waist the is really easy to cut. I didn't even sew it back up.

I was a little dissappointed about the arms to, but since he will be wearing his jacket, it's not a problem. The body on the Wolverine custom is a M3 0 Phicen body. I like the custom bu may get another M3o to put on the Tiger stripe uniform.

Oh FYI, to use the Sideshow feet/shoes you will have to add a connector cup from the bare feet on a Phicen body. Glue them into the Sideshow shoes. They fit right in without any modding.

Did you have to snip the belt? As far as I can tell, everything is glued together behind those pouches.

Did you have to snip the belt? As far as I can tell, everything is glued together behind those pouches.

Yes, sort of. I could not find how or where they put it together. It ended up breaking while I was searching. It did go back together easy enough though.

Yes, sort of. I could not find how or where they put it together. It ended up breaking while I was searching. It did go back together easy enough though.

I am thinking the attachment point is behind the pouch in the front where the shoulder strap connects. Pretty sure I see the belt terminating back there. Is this where it broke for you?

I am thinking the attachment point is behind the pouch in the front where the shoulder strap connects. Pretty sure I see the belt terminating back there. Is this where it broke for you?

Mine broke right under the first loop in the shorts near that strap on the left, so that could be it.

I'm glad that AFM did that swap, so I could see what it looked like. Although I think the M33 is a better body choice for my ideal Cyclops, the downside seems to be the fit of the chest/shoulder harness.
Could be just the pics, but he almost looks like he's being choked by it. Obviously the plastic harnesses were shaped/fitted for the Sideshow body, but it looks off on the M33.
Nice job though, but I think I'll keep mine stock for now...

Just opened mine up. It’s a brilliant representation of Jim Lee Cyclops. Initially the simplicity of the suits had me a little on the fence but, in person, I wouldn't want textures fabrics, random patches of armour or more stitch lines ala the Mezco One:12 style. This is the way.
The leather jacket is also really good quality and I’ve always enjoyed the clashing suit + jacket look. I’m not even that perturbed by the omission of a screaming face as I think the steely, all work, no play expression is working for my pose. Oddly enough, the blandness of the stand remains my biggest disappointment. Any SSC figure is gonna cost me ?250 and it can’t be that hard to print out something even as basic as an X or some rubble to spice things up a bit. A few more sets of hands wouldn’t hurt either but, all things considered, I’m really glad I jumped on this line and would love to see a lady X-Man next; Rogue tops that wants list for me.

“Stay in school, kids!”
D53D715D-7065-4E4C-8B34-D86800A6B4D2.jpg
“And don’t do drugs!”
1B6FF519-420B-4FA3-A72A-E4B95BC915CD.jpg
329D33E4-6556-43CD-84B4-74B5847A3D80.jpg
DA3CCBFD-D33E-4061-B6B5-107EEA4559EF.jpg

Yeah the stand bugs me, since all of their previous Marvel figures up too their new Wolverine all had a design on the stand. Like you said how hard would it be to print something out, hell even just a generic danger room floor design that you reuse on all your future X-men would be fine.

Thank you for doing this! You inspired me to do the same. I?m using an M34 buck. Question. How do you put sideshow hands on to a phicen body?

Any recommendations on the best way to swap out hands on these sideshow figs? The seem impossible to change out without applying force but then they snap like a twig at the pegs! should i heat up beforehand with a blow dryer?

Back