SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See that's just the thing Josh. Most of the time (I said most...there are exceptions) people aren't cracking on or coming down on people for buying it but speaking in generals (via "All Star Wars Fans...") or come down on the piece itself. Its just that people are taking comments so personally as if they were the artist or the creator themselves and it explodes into a cluster____. I personally enjoy hearing both sides but it doesn't stop me from buying pieces I like. I love my Jedi Luke PF, even though Carl hates it (whose opinion I usually share eye to eye on a lot) and he posts hilarious Scooby Squad photos, it doesn't stop me from liking it but it does spurn conversation which is the lynchpin of a discussion board.

See that's just the thing Josh. Most of the time (I said most...there are exceptions) people aren't cracking on or coming down on people for buying it but speaking in generals (via "All Star Wars Fans...") or come down on the piece itself. Its just that people are taking comments so personally as if they were the artist or the creator themselves and it explodes into a cluster____. I personally enjoy hearing both sides but it doesn't stop me from buying pieces I like. I love my Jedi Luke PF, even though Carl hates it (whose opinion I usually share eye to eye on a lot) and he posts hilarious Scooby Squad photos, it doesn't stop me from liking it but it does spurn conversation which is the lynchpin of a discussion board.

:exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:

BTW:

scoobyluke.jpg

:D :peace

See that's just the thing Josh. Most of the time (I said most...there are exceptions) people aren't cracking on or coming down on people for buying it but speaking in generals (via "All Star Wars Fans...") or come down on the piece itself.

I agree. Its not all the time.

Its just that people are taking comments so personally as if they were the artist or the creator themselves and it explodes into a cluster____.

The only time it truly bothers me is when people personally say things towards the artist especially if its one I've gotten a chance to know. Thats just not cool. Its a matter of being respectful which is an issue here at times.

I personally enjoy hearing both sides but it doesn't stop me from buying pieces I like.

I do as well. I enjoy the banter as long as it can stay constructive. Its not every member but there is a fair share that can't do that for one reason or another. In the end their dislike or whatever doesn't keep me from liking a piece. I bought it for me.

I love my Jedi Luke PF, even though Carl hates it (whose opinion I usually share eye to eye on a lot) and he posts hilarious Scooby Squad photos, it doesn't stop me from liking it but it does spurn conversation which is the lynchpin of a discussion board.

I agree with you constructive banter is a must on message boards. There just isn't as much of it here anymore as I'd like to see. That I guess is what I get for being here for so long now.

art should be a challenge... it should evoke... negative or positive, this PF is definitely doing this. again, my hat off to SST for pushing the envelope. as a huge Star Wars fan, i appreciate the faith they must have in the franchise's followers... and even more so, the fact that they seem interested in making everyone happy (they can't possibly do this with an individual release, so they do this through their body of work).

Man that's so difficult. I like this PF and on the other hand not. I'm still confused if i should order it or not. Man such a difficult decision. .....
I'm getting crazy :gah:

Personally the whole MAul reborn as a Cyborg would have made more sense in the SW universe then introducing 5 more villians, 1 a shape changer (that isn't explained or really fit) & of 2 of them Cyborgs in the following 2 movies and killing 4 of them off. :slap :monkey1 :cuckoo:

Cyborg Maul would have been a good choice to reappear in the movies.

I like this PF, not one I'll own but it looks really awesome and would make a good conversation piece.

Personally the whole MAul reborn as a Cyborg would have made more sense in the SW universe then introducing 5 more villians, 1 a shape changer (that isn't explained or really fit) & of 2 of them Cyborgs in the following 2 movies and killing 4 of them off. :slap :monkey1 :cuckoo:

You are thinking in terms of "LucasFilms" and not "LucasArts"...

More villians equals more merchandising.

I think that this is a great PF and definately not expected. There's a lot of people unhappy about it, but i personally think that this will become one of those ones that people regret not ordering. A great choice Sideshow.

I got to see it in person at SDCC and man o man was I impressed :)

I'm hoping someone drops him so my spot in the waitlist gets called up

I ordered the Exclusive and canceled, the whole piece looks great but every time I looked at his feet it just turned me off of this piece. It looks great but damn those feet kill it for me.

I'm impressed by this piece, but not enough to make me pre-order. From an artistic perspective it looks amazing and props to SS for doing some new things and taking some risks.

I think that he looks great, although i have to say that i think that his cloak makes him look very odd.

I think that this is a great PF and definately not expected. There's a lot of people unhappy about it, but i personally think that this will become one of those ones that people regret not ordering. A great choice Sideshow.

Speak for yourself. I for one, will never regret not ordering.

Back