SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the "Rule of Two" is more of a guideline than a rule. :)

You may be right, I was just thinking that Ventress never went by Darth, Mara Jade never went by Darth when she worked for the Emperor, and when Darth Krayt began letting everyone go by the title Darth, all former Sith ghosts rejected him. :dunno

No disrespect to the artist(s) that worked on this piece but this is an abomination. Horrible. It looks well put together but such a WEIRD choice for PF. I don't get it SSC. Have we broken up? :dunno Thank god this ain't 1/6th. Whew!

I guess I can't really talk because I am not buying this (but even the PT is a hard sell for me); but I am surprised that more Star Wars fans aren't applauding Sideshow for NOT doing the same old thing again, I think their risk is cool. :clap

This has to be the dumbest PF I've ever seen....wow...this will def make it to gift card....SS is hit or miss huh....big miss on this one imo...

Im not diggin this at all...

For the record...this is will be the 5th version of Maul (1:1, PF, 12" & Dio)...also an LSB might come out as well...that would make more Maul items than every character outside of one...

Representation of characters from SSC:
Fett...1 (PF)
Vader...5 (1:1, PF, 12", 2 dios)...
Stormtrooper...1 (12")
Chewbacca...0
Padme...1 (dio)
Yoda...2 (2 PF's)
Han Solo...4 (1 PF, 3 12")...
Leia...5 (2 PF, 2 12", 1 dio)
R2...1 (1:1)
C-3PO...2 (1:1 Bust, 1:1 Lifesize)

Finally the only character with more than Maul and Vader...Luke...8 (3 PF, 4 12", 1 dio)

Its amazing to me that Maul gets more love than the best characters of the SW universe. This was a waste of time from SSC...

Last edited:
This line is getting silly. Darth Maul was cut in half and died in Episode I.

There are SO many classic OT characters that are still absent, and so I have been getting a little impatient with so many of the recent EU focused releases. The Star Wars PFs have been the main focus of my collection, but if this is what the line has become, I guess I'm done. I'm horribly disappointed that yet another slot on the PF line has been taken by something this obscure.

Quick question for all you guys who know Star Wars canon; I honestly don't know how to answer this:

Since there can only be two Sith at a time and Darth Maul was killed, then Darth Tyrannus, and Anakin took his place becoming Darth Vader...would Darth Maul still be called Darth Maul?

:dunno

The thing is even in the EU this never actually happened. This story was just a "what if" comic book.

Nice work by SS, but lame.

Well said.

Honestly a great looking PF, possibly one of Sideshow's best efforts. The pose is dynamic, the swappable parts create different looks and the likeness is great.

But, such a wtf character choice that it tends to boggle the mind. Still, I have heard of this variant, just hard to believe it would be taken seriously enough to warrant a high-end statue.

I mean, c'mon. Guy was cut in half and fell down a giant shaft.. was someone really at the bottom ready to put him back together?

And talk about small in the pants, this guy is "nothing" in the pants. Unless is ____ is in one of the horns he's one sad mofo :lol

I guess I am torn.

Being a Maul focus fan, I am into it.

I can see where many are disappointed.

Having read the book and know it well I get the piece.

159307311901.jpg

But not necessarily the choice.

I think if you look at it as piece of art, it is very well done and amazingly crafted overall.

If you were just looking for a piece for your collection, then it may not be for you.

While their decisions are odd, their work is quite amazing.

Let's remember, there are over 15 more days left in this thing, plus SDCC itself. I am sure they will do their best to make as many of you happy as possible and in the end, we know they won't, but then again, who can ?

First the oversexed Jedi, now this. This is the first time since SS started doing Star Wars that I don't have any SW items on pre-order.

Glad that you guys are still thinking outside the box though.

If SSC's goal was to make me click on a product and say, "Damn, that looks badass," they succeeded.

If their goal was for me to drop $335 and prepare a place in my home next to Frodo Baggins, Jack Sparrow, and Indiana Jones...swing and a miss.

I guess I can't really talk because I am not buying this (but even the PT is a hard sell for me); but I am surprised that more Star Wars fans aren't applauding Sideshow for NOT doing the same old thing again, I think their risk is cool. :clap

There is nothing wrong with taking a risk (1/6th scale Hammerhead) but there are 100 other characters that they could do that would be cooler/make more sense. I'm just sayin. :huh

Back