SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I modded my Viper to look more like the original. I just need a different backpack, since the Viper one looks too light in contrast to the vest I have on him.

2d3x.jpg

6e5v.jpg

vuzb.jpg

Its amazing what a little attention to details can do for a figure. You've definitely upped this one to the next level.

Although it may not be perfect for your needs, with the right accessories, the Tony Stark mechanic backpack may come damn close to what you need in a back pack.Its got the webgear, so you could mount a canteeen, grenades, etc... and have a pretty close to original looking modernized pack.

I modded my Viper to look more like the original. I just need a different backpack, since the Viper one looks too light in contrast to the vest I have on him.

Nice job man. I really like that.

I think the Viper is one of the nicest figures that Sideshow has produced and you just made it look better.

Thank you all, Im glad you guys like it.

Looks great OTM. Can you give us a list of what all you used?

Barney Ross vest?

Zombie Killer vest. I was able to get one for 9.00 bucks. The Barney one will work also, basically the same thing. The Zombie Killer ones comes with a belt, I just changed the clip buckle to the Cobra Commander one. The red shoulder things are made out of Sculpey superflex bake & bend, bakes like regular Sculpey but remains super flexible. I had to change all the buckles, so I cannibalized 2 old Dragon harness for that. You dont have to do that unless you must have the buckles match (like me :D). The straps are red grosgrain ribbon I got from ebay (Thanks to EF for the info). I used a strap I removed from the vest and super glued it to the shoulder to hang the grenades. The pouches I had in my parts bin. I just tried to match the shape of the original figure. That's about it I think.

Last edited:
Finally finished the back pack for my Viper. Its a modified HT Tony Stark mechanic back pack. I removed the strap it had and added my own. Since the vest I have has loops for hooks, I added straps with hooks
iyjk.jpg

zvob.jpg

jcd8.jpg

Back