SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the Desert Viper for my squad. Lightened up the red on his wrists, hands and boots, and went with more of a cinnamon brown for the gloves and boots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397644512.314581.jpg

Thanks Niltusk!!!!!

NP man, troopbuilding is one of the best things about this hobby. Of course I've never been able to do it to the extent you have, its awesome to see it. Have you ever considered adding one of the 25th ann. desert Crimson Guards to your ranks?

dsc018402.jpg

Niltusk: I haven't, really. I don't know how I'd change the color of the pleather.... I *am* using the CG backpack for my "heavy weapons" trooper (in the back, carrying the Stinger Missile System. That backpack is sweet!!!! And it looks great against the beige uniform.

Army building was thankfully easy, because of how unpopular and inexpensive this release was. No way I could army build "standard" blue Cobra troops. And being a comic fanatic, I always preferred the red masks....

Niltusk: I haven't, really. I don't know how I'd change the color of the pleather.... I *am* using the CG backpack for my "heavy weapons" trooper (in the back, carrying the Stinger Missile System. That backpack is sweet!!!! And it looks great against the beige uniform.

Army building was thankfully easy, because of how unpopular and inexpensive this release was. No way I could army build "standard" blue Cobra troops. And being a comic fanatic, I always preferred the red masks....

My prayer is they re-release the blue troopers in a "deluxe" version like they have the troopers for Star Wars. I would go nuts on them. :pray:

Have 4 myself. By far my favorite figure to futz with. Anyhow, congrats on the good deal on your first Viper.

You might be able to just paint the pleather with a water base acrylic. I would love to see if you can make a tan CG

4? I got 3. I sorta want to more.

Yeah, 2 regular and 2 exclusives. Each has a unique load out, side arm, and second weapon to go along with their Masada. I'm waiting on 2 pairs of trooper boots I purchased on ebay and 2 pairs of knee pads (thanks Ross) to finish bashing the 2 regular Vipers. Essentially I have a Sniper Viper, something like a crowd control Viper, a "maniac" Viper, and finally a straight forward Viper that really hasn't been changed much. From a troop building standpoint, they really are bad ass and I've probably had more fun fiddling with them than any other figure; like I said.

I never take pictures, but I suppose I'm overdue. Once they're finished I'll post some.

argh the viper ammo pouch attachment technique was sooo annoying
anyway do u guys display ur vipers with or without ammo pouches? as it really limits poses.
but it still looks nice :)

argh the viper ammo pouch attachment technique was sooo annoying
anyway do u guys display ur vipers with or without ammo pouches? as it really limits poses.
but it still looks nice :)

With ammo pouches. I don't think I'd have it any other way.

Back