SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for that alternate harness. I think the Viper looks a bit top heavy right now from an aesthetic sense.

We're doing a Snake Eyes v2?

yep!

from a post SDCC Sideshow interview with Generaljoes.com

it was stated that they will be re-visiting Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes (Commando snake eyes featuring possibly 2 heads and be more a 'Deluxe version')

plus upcoming Joes to venture into 'Unique environment territory'

Thanks guys! I actually raced home through the rain from the office tonight just to see my newly displayed Viper. I remember doing this too back in elementary school when I had a really really cool toy to come home to. The nostalgia never ends with this stuff.

Sideshow definitely hit a homerun with this one. A 1986 fond childhood memory never looked better today.

I can't wait to see SSC do Chrome Dome version Cobra Commander now!

Hey guys! We're working on instructions on how to weave the MOLLE Straps to be put up on the Sideshow Website soon. We're a little slammed here as we work toward the end of the year. Thanks for your patience!

Also, I saw there were some concerns about the buckles on the ends of the Magazine Pouch and wanted to address those. First off, this isn't a QC issue. No straps are missing from the figure and all of those buckles should be female buckles. The Cobra Viper's Plate Carrier was based off a real-world example. These buckles are used in an alternate configuration which we hope to use on future releases.

Here's a sneak peak of the alternate configuration to give you a taste of what you might be seeing down the road. Again, this configuration is NOT used on the Cobra Viper.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hope this clears up some confusion! :wave

Thanks for posting, Kevin! :rock

Got both of my Vipers today. Getting them all geared up takes a while, but not too bad. The second one went a lot faster since I had a better idea of what to do by then. The EX head paint is even better than Hawk's IMO. The Chrome Domes look great, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to have at least one of them with the Elite head on holding the helmet.

I don't think I've ever gotten praise from Nam! :thud:

And even then, I'm sure you were talking about the figures and not my photography! :lol

These really did turn out great. Much better than Hawk IMO. I'm really digging the helmeted head so I probably won't keep a EX look unless I manage to pick up a third one later on. But the Elite head is just as nice, but that mirrored visor is just so fantastic!

I don't think I've ever gotten praise from Nam! :thud:

And even then, I'm sure you were talking about the figures and not my photography! :lol

These really did turn out great. Much better than Hawk IMO. I'm really digging the helmeted head so I probably won't keep a EX look unless I manage to pick up a third one later on. But the Elite head is just as nice, but that mirrored visor is just so fantastic!

HA! Wrong on both. Your pics suck (which isn't news, but unlike me, at least you do take them :lol) and we already know the figures are cool. :nana: I was referring to your futzing. For once your figures actually do look great! Must've been a blast putting them together.

It is praise indeed then! :lol

Actually I can't take much credit for the futzing. Other than putting on the vest straps and the back pack, he looks just like that out of the box. The vest was a piece of cake compaired to a Soldier Story one though! Sheesh! It took me days for that Battle Los Angeles figure and I still haven't completley finished.

Those female buckles that lead to nothing do still look out of place though with nowhere really good to put them. You can even see one sticking out on the Viper on the left. I have to admit its hard getting a decent rifle holding pose out of these guys with that bulky vest on. Thats really about the best I could do.

And I just noticed that the Vipers seem to be the first non-ninja Joe figures without a pistol. Not that they really need one, but its just a little odd considering everyone else has one or two.

Here is a quick pic of mine, swapped over to a TT and put the shorter neck. The longer neck is perfect for the EX head, but the helmet head sits a little higher given him a little bit of a giraffe neck.

img0525kz.jpg

img0527ka.jpg

img0546iu.jpg

img0547b.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's without the the scarf that gives the giraffe neck look. I will agree the neck is slightly extended or atleast appears that way. But I'm not concerned as I would be going the no scarf.

I cant seem to make my mind up about what HS to use. I like them both equally. Definitely need atleast one more.

I think it's without the the scarf that gives the giraffe neck look. I will agree the neck is slightly extended or atleast appears that way. But I'm not concerned as I would be going the no scarf.

I cant seem to make my mind up about what HS to use. I like them both equally. Definitely need atleast one more.

You just have to buy another one.:)
Neck to shoulder height is a little high, specially with the vest pressing down on the shoulders.

Back