SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am overly impressed with this figure's proto pics. Looks to be SS's best GI JOE figure once released. This will be the first figure I buy more than one of. Great job so far SS and keep them coming.

Honestly if I have only one minor gripe about this figure, it's that the visor/face shield isn't mirror chromed. I really hope if/when the release a visored Cobra Commander, the visor is mirror chromed.

I think vac-metal would be too shiny.

The boots could be blacker. That's the only thing that really throws anything off for me. The red isn't excessive anywhere other than the boots, and I only think it stands out because the weathering has made the black really dull.

Wrong Viper.

ARAH_29_Viper.jpg

That's a huge FAIL on Sideshow's part.

the only problem i've got with the red on the pants, is that they should be less on the fronts of his legs, and more towards the insides, mostly just on the inner thigh, like the original figure.

The boots, ok, sure, less weathering be nice.

It's not a deal breaker, but I too, wish the boots were more blacker. Is it even black under all that weathering? if that's the case, I'll just try to clean it up abit myself

I'm DEFINITELY getting multiples to build a squad. Should be easier since I won't have to worry about looking for different head sculpts like I had to with my Cobra Troopers:cuckoo:

I'm definitely gonna add more black to the boots like the original RAH Viper; just LOVE that G1 look:yess:

I'm also looking forward to the various patches the Viper comes with. Gonna add them to these guys . . . . . .

Sideshow_GIJOE_035.jpg

Wasn't sure we'd be getting goggles, vintage rifle, or red accents on suit. Pants look close enough to the original design for me. Only nitpick is the vintage gun looks a little small. Awesome all around figure.

Viper2.jpg
Viper3.jpg

viper.jpg
viper.jpg

the only annoyance that this figure will have is the RATCHET KNEES!
Sideshow really had no reason to do this (Example-Duke is perfect)

Wonder if the old football helmet is removable from the portrait?

Not sure if the final product will be removable, but the head sculpt has no ears. I know because I painted this figure.

I am overly impressed with this figure's proto pics. Looks to be SS's best GI JOE figure once released. This will be the first figure I buy more than one of. Great job so far SS and keep them coming.

I've been waiting a long time to see the gallery, and it is a nice one for sure.

That's the one thing I really don't get with this guy...big game set in the 20's after the battle? :monkey3 :dunno

It does look like an old football helmet, but it's actually an old WW2 style para helmet. Here's some Google Image pics.
winter-para-helmet.jpg

HelmetWillcox.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think the are odds that they can lose the mud on the boots? It's a really cool effect, but not exactly consistent with the rest of the troopers.

Yeah, original figure had no sculpted pistol on his thigh...but I still feel a sidearm as a back up piece should be standard.

Last edited:
It does look like an old football helmet, but it's actually an old WW2 style para helmet. Here's some Google Image pics.
winter-para-helmet.jpg

HelmetWillcox.jpg
Seems to me Sideshow did this to make it appear as if the goggles are there for some reason beyond their being sculpted onto the helmet because someone as Hasbro's creative team thought it looked neat.

Does anyone want to partner up with me and buy the exclusive and sell me the exclusive head? I'm not interested in the figure but I would really like that head.

If this figure turns out well when it hits, then this is my first SSC Joe figure.

Back