SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good. brings back memories. i played with this toy a lot when i was a kid. not a fan of the price hike but i really only collect GI Joe and MOTU.

Me to, to pricey

Yeah, its a bit much to get two of. Especially when I've done that with a few other figures recently. Cant do that with every figure.

___
picture.php

image.php

Hit the nail on the head?

Awesome. :rock

Helmet came out great. Chrome looks perfect. Straps make the pants look goofy, but that's easily futzed.

Exclusive is cool too. Likeness is beside the point because of the red mask. I like the boots too. The shoe portion could be a bit more rugged, but that's nothing.

Sold.

very badass. also better then expected. I have never liked the vipers but sideshow really rocked this one

This figure is sofaking stellar while being such a head scratcher at the same time. I think I am going to ditch the boots with a more classic looking DiD boot of some kind. And that exclusive is the oddball part for me, very strange but I am happy for those who like it. Is this from an IDW or DD comic? Balaclava is cool, but I wish it were a bit darker. I am shocked we got so much in the regular release but those Darth Maul boots have got to go. Great work SSC, I will be definitely be buying two of these bad boys. But let's keep that price in check...for at least a little while. :lol

Like I said I think this will be my first SS GI Joe I get. This figure is nothing but win in my eyes!

Trust me, it won't be your last. :wave

Looks freaking awesome. Love the look and how much he looks like his vintage counterpart but at the same time modern. Again, figure comes with an insane amount of ____ which is great. The alternate sculpt looks awesome but unlike the Ninja I will pass on getting two of these.

I about fell out my internet chair! :thud: You...you, Rusty Tadur is going to pass on a JOE? Is this a likeness thing? :wink1:

looks good. brings back memories. i played with this toy a lot when i was a kid. not a fan of the price hike but i really only collect GI Joe and MOTU.

But also Star Wars.

I wish I was that simple in my collecting habits...I need to reduce it just to 3 or 4 collections..

Theses pics have sealed the deal, definitely getting an EX. Would like a 2nd to guard Cobra Commander, but $135 kinda hurts. Sideshow is getting into Hot Toys territory with this price range. Which is fine by me if the quality of the paint apps, accessories, and the tailoring of the clothing reflects the price tag. I what this line to continue for a long time, just don't want inferior products with superior price tags. Just my opinion

Wow I didn't think Sideshow would screw this up, I absolutely hate it.

The pants look like s----. the red was never as prominent as it is here, I'd rather have all blue pants then this. All he needed was a small red stripe going up the sides but Sideshow went nuts and put a bunch of red panels in the front that completely throw off the color balance from the original figure.

The vest has white pinstripes that ruin what should be an all black vest, ends up looking a bit grayish in color.

The boots look like they belong in Star Wars. They're also gray from the excessive weathering, should be simple black boots but no SSC had to get creative. The red color on the boots further ruin the color balance.

The helmet looks a little too large. I'm hoping the production shrinks a little otherwise he'll suffer from Sideshow big head syndrome.

Having him come with the original gun is great, unfortunately, the stalk on the gun looks too small and out of proportion with the rest of the weapon.

I don't get the exclusive head, not a complaint from me here, it's just something I can do without (I think it looks stupid) so I won't order the exclusive.

There's just too much to fix on this one. New ATT HT base body to balance with the large head, new all black vest, new all black boots, new all black knee pads, and a new pair of blue pants without the stupid extra red panels (I have no idea where to buy this).

Very disappointed by this figure. I love the original Viper, but this just deviates way too far from the original for me. :gah:

The pants look like s----. the red was never as prominent as it is here, I'd rather have all blue pants then this. All he needed was a small red stripe going up the sides but Sideshow went nuts and put a bunch of red panels in the front that completely throw off the color balance from the original figure.

The vest has white pinstripes that ruin what should be an all black vest, ends up looking a bit grayish in color.

The boots look like they belong in Star Wars. They're also gray from the excessive weathering, should be simple black boots but no SSC had to get creative. The red color on the boots further ruin the color balance.

The helmet looks a little too large. I'm hoping the production shrinks a little otherwise he'll suffer from Sideshow big head syndrome.

Having him come with the original gun is great, unfortunately, the stalk on the gun looks too small and out of proportion with the rest of the weapon.

I don't get the exclusive head, not a complaint from me here, it's just something I can do without (I think it looks stupid) so I won't order the exclusive.

There's just too much to fix on this one. New ATT HT base body to balance with the large head, new all black vest, new all black boots, new all black knee pads, and a new pair of blue pants without the stupid extra red panels (I have no idea where to buy this).

Very disappointed by this figure. I love the original Viper, but this just deviates way too far from the original for me. :gah:

Tell us how you really feel. :lol

Tell us how you really feel. :lol
:lol
You gotta be thorough with your hate on these boards or suffer backlash (I'm sure it's coming though).

I'm starting to think maybe Sideshow deviated so far from the original because it might be seen as just the Cobra Trooper with a helmet, vest, and red striped pants; which really is what the Vipers supposed to be.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lJJj-TlrikM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool release.

I just hate the weathering on it already:monkey1, IF they are going to release it like that. That's FUGLY.

I'd rather weather it myself. Can't really put him in "clean" settings...weird.

Back