SSC Cobra Officer Figure!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I've already been.
icon14.gif

Well, then that post wasn't for you! :p

I'm curious to see if the Officer parts dry up on Toy Angst as fast as the Trooper ones would. I've decided against having tan strap troops in my collection as I'd rather have it uniform.

No Destro for me atm. I bought the head ages ago but never could figure out how to do the proper shirt so it's on indefinite hiatus. There's another Cobra on the workbench that's been there for a while though that I'd really like to get done before 2010.

I'm curious to see if the Officer parts dry up on Toy Angst as fast as the Trooper ones would. I've decided against having tan strap troops in my collection as I'd rather have it uniform.

No Destro for me atm. I bought the head ages ago but never could figure out how to do the proper shirt so it's on indefinite hiatus. There's another Cobra on the workbench that's been there for a while though that I'd really like to get done before 2010.

I dunno. I thought I'd be more amped about the CO, but the tan web gear is kinda gawdy. Definitely gonna take a bit of getting used to. :lol

It definitely clashes against the blue, imo. I was really excited about the figure but the closer he got the more I realized I don't need Scarface yet, at least not without a v1 Snake Eyes and a Kwinn neither of which are on the agenda atm. Gonna try my hand at an Offiicer with different webgear though.

I think he looks good. Looks to be the same scupt as the trooper, but different eye and hair color.

The helmet chevron looks to be crooked though.

i never liked the tan gear but i wanted an officer figure. maybe i'll get another black set of gear if one becomes available.

i bet someone will be willing to trade you black gear for the tan gear when the sniper comes out because the tan gear on the sniper would be close to the python patrol cobra.

Yikes! That chevron is severely crooked.

I don't mind the tan webbing on blue, but the color of the holster, belt clips, and knife sheath no longer match the trim of the pouches and shoulder padding like it did in the prototype shots. That makes it a little less aesthetically pleasing.

Still looking forward to getting him even if his gear is a little Clash of the Titans.

I don't mind the tan webbing on blue, but the color of the holster, belt clips, and knife sheath no longer match the trim of the pouches and shoulder padding like it did in the prototype shots. That makes it a little less aesthetically pleasing.

Still looking forward to getting him even if his gear is a little Clash of the Titans.

It's not worth going all "Star Wars" up in here. :lol A concept many of the SW Freaks have yet to grasp is that often a pic makes a figure look worse than he actually does in hand. Unless it's something wholly apparent, like how Snake Eyes looks in that shirt on the Pro :monkey4, judgment is best reserved for in-hand critique.

Will post this on the Commerce Board later, but if anyone wants to snag the officer for my costs and shipping to you, PM me.

Want to keep him, but can't for financial reasons, so I need to let go of a variant figure. He may be available at other retailers, but if you can help a fellow forum member out, it'd be appreciated.

Cross post from the waypoint thread.

Todays haul. Forgive the crappy iphone pic, excitement can't be stalled by technology.

IMG_0770.jpg

I don't think it's crooked?... just the angle at which he was shot.

I don't think it's crooked?... just the angle at which he was shot.

C'mon, that makes too much sense.

You can see from the rivets on the side that it's not a straight-on shot but that doesn't stop people from acting like the sky is falling.

C'mon, that makes too much sense.

You can see from the rivets on the side that it's not a straight-on shot but that doesn't stop people from acting like the sky is falling.

Give him a break. He probably ate a box of stale C3PO's:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fe3TWZ_3qRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fe3TWZ_3qRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Poor bastard probably wound up with a wretchedly wicked case of the Star Wars farts which would explain his stinky post....... :fart

Back