SSC Catwoman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Harley Quinn from this line and while she looks good in the display case....I felt is was a cheaper figure quality wise compared to what you get from Hot Toys for a similar price. The hands and head sculpt were a pain to change out and I felt the outfit was very delicate. Its scared me off from the line. Im up in the air about getting Batman. Sounds like issues are continuing with this line with Catwoman.

I bought the Harley Quinn from this line and while she looks good in the display case....I felt is was a cheaper figure quality wise compared to what you get from Hot Toys for a similar price. The hands and head sculpt were a pain to change out and I felt the outfit was very delicate. Its scared me off from the line. Im up in the air about getting Batman. Sounds like issues are continuing with this line with Catwoman.

They should be really easy, mine just pop on and off with very little effort.

I just opened mine, the eyes on the smirking head are fine, the eyes on the snarling head are a bit off, one looks more cross-eyed than the other, but I think I'm ok with it.

I could see if it was even the slightest bit more off it would look ridiculous. I can't believe SS doesn't have better replacements for people.

No. Not all of em are screwed up. Some people are getting them with better positioned eyes...it's a mixed bag. My snarling sculpt looks fine.

At this price point, goggles shouldn't be your only display option. SSCs continues to slide down the scale on customer service. At this rate, they'll be no better than their distributers before too long.

They are all kind of screwed up because of the way they do the eyes.

Yeah, I was waiting on this type of fu€% up from them using this method. Too bad. They did a nice job with the last clone trooper using this method, Wolff I think. Too bad such a nice figure is marred by careless assembly.

For those who are curious about how it looks like inside, here it is:
IMG_20140508_200458.jpg
IMG_20140508_200458 (1).jpg

No. Not all of em are screwed up. Some people are getting them with better positioned eyes...it's a mixed bag. My snarling sculpt looks fine.

At this price point, goggles shouldn't be your only display option. SSCs continues to slide down the scale on customer service. At this rate, they'll be no better than their distributers before too long.

I have always had good luck with ssc customer service. I sent an email with pics of my HS with a weird right eye on monday and the replacement was shipped tuesday and it will be here tomorrow.

I have always had good luck with ssc customer service. I sent an email with pics of my HS with a weird right eye on monday and the replacement was shipped tuesday and it will be here tomorrow.

Well, I did the EXACT same thing...and you see what I was told :huh

Like I said, customer service is not what it was.

Maybe it depends who you get. For any issues or requests I have with SSC, they seem to be nice enough to help me out with replacements.
For those who are curious about how it looks like inside, here it is:
View attachment 108477
View attachment 108478
I like this new method. I feel the paint app around the eyes can be cleaner than the usual method when each part is painted separately. Of course, they still need to paint the eyes straight in the first place.

Having all these separate parts makes me think that if they are going to go this route, it might be cool to make each eye moveable. That would pretty much solve the crooked eye issue.

My eyes are straight its just the pupil on one is noticeably bigger than the other and it also looks like the eye is deeper into the head. Now that i can see how it comes apart, it was not pushed all the way in when it was put together. Hopefully the replacement will not have crooked eyes.

I still haven't seen this in person and so far I haven't seen high definition photos for me not to ask-- does the headsculpt have pores on the skin? Or is it really smooth?

The right eye of my neutral head is directed medially as well. Its subtle but noticeable. SS cs has always come through for me.

Well, I spoke to a manager today and they assured me that all of the "replacement stock" wasn't marginally better than mine. Apparently, there are some that are really bad and worse off than my figure. Mine has the eyes set against the rear of the face but it is slightly looking off to the left.

I also copied every customer service rep I have ever dealt with there on that email. I wanted this to be looked at by a fresh pair of eyes...pun intended. Again, I was assured that all replacement stocked looked as good or worse than mine. So my only recourse is to send back and reorder and cross my figures and hope the new one was any better.

I decided to take my reward points (more toward '66 Batmobile) and just wait for my TA head and hope it's right and mod this one.

Last edited:
Back