1/6 SSC Captain America Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been waiting to see if/when they would make a Cap. Hopefully will see more pics soon. Probably be on display at Comic Con too.

doesnt look great, but not bad either.

too bad we all know how well sideshow's figures come out the other end of the assembly line. it's a shame too, because they could really be the ones to scratch that itch us collectors want for comic style 1/6 scale figures.

I think it looks pretty good! I tend to prefer the comic-look (yes, they aren't an exact replica of some particular comic artist's design...) over the movie looks for any superhero. The only thing I'm not sure of, is the expression on the face. I would have preferred a more determined expression, but I think he'll fit in nicely on the shelf...

As a huge Cap fan. I love it. Can't wait to see what the exclusive will be! Day one for me!

I feel Sideshow's headsculpts have been a big problem for a long time. They need a better sculptor or director or whoever it is that has the final say on a sculpt. The bodies they use need to be better as well.

Their tailoring has been good overall with some exceptions.

Sculpted chest piece along with the sculpted neck makes it look like a cheap toy.

I think this figure looks pretty good, but not great. In particular the shoulders look too wide and unnatural like the ball joints are poking out, and the legs come across as too short. I just don't feel that Sideshow has worked out a tight system for its comic figure line. Between the early bobble heads, the inconsistent heights and builds, and the hit and miss tailoring, they have been stumbling around on both the Marvel and DC lines for years. I remember when the DC line was first announced and I thought they were going to essentially be 1:6 versions of the PFs. I ordered the Joker and preordered the Harley. As soon as I opened the Joker I took one look at the gigantic head and sent it back, and cancelled Harley. I always thought Sideshow should have made these look like 1:6 versions of the PFs, just smaller, cheaper, articulated and without the bases. Premium Format statues and maquettes are sculpted with superhero body proportions, which is why they look good. However Sideshow's 1:6 bodies use muscular to super muscular human proportions, which looks more "cosplay". On top of that, they came up with bobble head sizes. SS should have developed a 1:6 "superhero" body system and scaled the heads accordingly. They had already made patterns for many of the outfits, so all they had to do was translate those from 1:4 to 1:6. I think if they had taken that approach, these would have sold amazingly well and each line would probably have 40-50 figures by now.

I fully agree they should have (and still should) translate their PFF line into 1:6 gigs when it comes to Marvel, DC, GI Joe , etc... and that's one of the reasons I'm liking what I see with this fig so far. But I have to disagree somewhat on body proportions as to your point, they are not realistic body proportions which is one of the reasons they ARE comic-like. These aren't meant to look like miniature people like Hot Toys, but so many collectors compare them criticize them for it. As much as I enjoy the movies, as someone who grew up in the late 70's / early 80's reading comics, NONE of the movie versions represent the characters for me, so I actually prefer a lot of the SSC figs over the HT ones for my collection. And the SSC Joker is a great figure (assuming the knees are in working order).

The only problem SS has is the price. I think this figure looks great for $150, maybe even $180 but they're going to ask for something closer to $230. I honestly don't understand how they keep putting out these figures at the high prices they do.

They should be the budget competitor for Hot Toys.

It'll most certainly be $250. Unfortunately that just seems to be the nature of the business world. Everything is powered by greed now.

The only problem SS has is the price. I think this figure looks great for $150, maybe even $180 but they're going to ask for something closer to $230. I honestly don't understand how they keep putting out these figures at the high prices they do.

They should be the budget competitor for Hot Toys.

Totally agree. Thats hot toys kind of money. And it isnt like this figure is going to come with much based on what i got with Thor.

If it came with a display base, rogers head, both shields, a bunch of hands, the cosmic cube, etc, maybe i would feel different about it.

Back