SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Don't know whether he needs a spitter or a lollipop!:wink1:

All jokes aside, he doesn't look horrible. Not my cup o' tea still, but it's all good. Nice subtle tone on the lip. Sorry to get you guys all riled up earlier.:)

Enjoy the figure.

the hair is really poorly painted. i can imagine how difficult it was at the factory to paint that style of hair correctly, but looking back maybe SSC shouldn't have sculpted that style of faux hawk knowing their staff can't handle it. Its almost like SSC is purposely keeping repainters employed. :lol

agreed. i don't really see the exclusive head being on mine anyway. i really dig the masked portrait.

spiderman039.jpg

With a corn-cob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal. :lol
the hair is really poorly painted. i can imagine how difficult it was at the factory to paint that style of hair correctly, but looking back maybe SSC shouldn't have sculpted that style of faux hawk knowing their staff can't handle it. Its almost like SSC is purposely keeping repainters employed. :lol

Poopooing a figure because you're too ____ing cheap to pay full price is fail. You two can shut it and wait for the Hastings barnbuster "we take foodstamps" clearance sale for the poor.

I look forward to the day, albeit many years from now, when we have dozens of Joes in one shot

Glad to see TT back. That quote is my favorite from Billy. :yess:

Man, I was totally wrong about this guy.

Congrats! You may yet achieve Jr. Woodchuck status. This is why we usually wait (emphasis on usually) until more than just one assy in-hand set of pics are posted.

Fast sevice is good. I called Sideshow yesterday to square away the payment. And they told me Beachhead would ship in 3-5 business days.

Got a tracking email this morning saying delivery today.

Gonna be taking a long lunch from work to get him.

Congrats! You may yet achieve Jr. Woodchuck status. This is why we usually wait (emphasis on usually) until more than just one assy in-hand set of pics are posted.

It's always good to brace for worst; it makes everything that happens afterward seem much better. It could take just one bad pic to see something you don't like, but why wait to voice a concern? It was too late to do anything about it, but I thought it was funny so I said it.

They still need prove they can get the hair right. I guess that's what the beret is for.

Other than that small hiccup, he is to the Joes what Firefly is to Cobra. Absolutely loaded.

It's always good to brace for worst; it makes everything that happens afterward seem much better. It could take just one bad pic to see something you don't like, but why wait to voice a concern? It was too late to do anything about it, but I thought it was funny so I said it.

Nah, better to wait and comment based on your own figure. Otherwise, you wind up looking like a tool who's just posting bandwagon anti-Sideshow dribble. We already have enough of those types here.

if i'm complaining because I'm too cheap to buy it then you're overlooking the messed up hair because you paid full price. :lol

I call it like I see it. No figure is perfect. I already said the figure looks top notch multiple times. Doesn't mean we need to coverup the mistakes as if they didn't happen.

if i'm complaining because I'm too cheap to buy it then you're overlooking the messed up hair because you paid full price. :lol

I call it like I see it. No figure is perfect. I already said the figure looks top notch multiple times. Doesn't mean we need to coverup the mistakes as if they didn't happen.

Nah, I ain't covering up ____. I'll full-on admit that in the pics the hair looks like a poo smudge, but a) it'll be covered by the beret and b) I'll likely never use it anyway given Beach isn't Beach without the Balaclava. :huh

But to be fair, you really won't even know what it looks like until you have it in your own... oh.... wait, that's right. You were too cheap to spring for the Ex. :nana:

It was everything I could do to muster up the will to not open the regular I got yesterday. But I am glad I waited as it turned out to be only a day and not 3-5 like I was told.

You should open them up anyway to check for breakage, missing pieces, etc. MIB still allows for opening to check for QC issues.

In the future, it may be a mistake on a part that isn't going to be covered up.

I'm only saying it seems a bit of a weird move to sculpt in a design element in which they probably know they can't execute properly, like close cut hair. Then they give it to an awesome painter like small_studios and allow him to show us all how it "should look". I just find it humorously ironic, like I said, SSC seems to purposefully create items that will only look good after a repaint, as if they have an interest in the repaint business.

Just an amusing observation, not meant to blast SSC, so you don't need to defend them by redirecting to me. :lol

:lol

That's just it. He's dead serious ready to go, but the genuine smile refuses to be displaced. It's like he could joke about killing you, while he's killing you, and completely not even be evil about it. ____ing inspired sculpt.

Back