SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank god Alice in Wonderland sucked otherwise we may have had a bunch of people thinking Johnny Depps Mad Hatter was the second coming.

thank god Alice in Wonderland sucked otherwise we may have had a bunch of people thinking Johnny Depps Mad Hatter was the second coming.

I think Depp had an identity crisis in that movie. He looked like Elijah Wood. :lol

ps. its house cleaning day, so hell yeah i'm bored Nam. :lol

:lol Help out then, ya sexist jerk! :nana:

Hey its not my money so I don't give a darn what they spend it on. I like the Joker and have a nice HT/Custom and thats good enough for me.

Toys are a serious business. We wouldn't be here if they weren't.

Heck, there are people laying down $1000 for Joker heads and $600 for clothes :monkey4

Yeah wtf is up with that? Pretty sure the Joker(s) that HT has previously released are pretty awesome. I don't get it, and I like TDK figures, "screen accurate socks"? B_tch please. Also I think BH is a home run.

Some more pics for a great Sunday morning!! These figures look good together!!
DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF0978.jpg

DSCF0981.jpg

Sunday morning? You overseas?

The foregrip on the XCR seems a little too far back. Can you adjust it by sliding the entry light forward and the foregrip as well??

Alright guys! Got that out of your system? Good!

Wouldn't it fit right in with, "The boy who cried wolf?" :huh

What about "The Man Who Cried Derp"? Hahahahaha, you guys crack me up!

Anyone who comes into a thread using words like 'derp' (isn't that the sound Cartman made when he entered the Special Olympics?) to describe one of the most ingeniously expressive sculpts in all of 1:6 really has only one purpose, and that's to ____ in someone else's house.

Do you have an excuse Showcase? Or is it that obvious?

Derp is a funny word. It makes me laugh. Helps take the edge off my reaction when I see substandard work coming out of SS. Derp. Derp derp. Derpity derp derp duh-derp dee-doo. Can you say it without smiling? I can't!

What kills me is that in the spirit of not flying immediately off the handle, I give credit, and then make myself look like an ass for treating a run-of-the-mill SS basher as if they were being somewhat objective.

I'm a freak just like the rest of you. Really, I am. I caught the 1/6 bug a year ago and when I snapped up EX Jabba, his throne, EX Buboicullaar, EX Creature Pack, EX Boushh, EX Fortuna. Since then, I've got a few HT's (T-800, Blade, Wolvey, Orignal Pred) and my crown jewel, Project BM! Kaneda and his bike. I also have ROTLA Indy by Sideshow.

I was a huge Joe fan as a kid (had the Defiant). Beachhead was one of my absolute faves. It might explain part of why I am critical of Sideshow on this one in particular. Once I got wind of Sideshow's Joe license, I snapped up EX CC, SDCC Crimson Commander, Cobra Trooper/Officer/Sniper, Storm Shadow, EX Duke, EX Flint and now for the first time a non EX Beachhead. I really wanted to like the EX, but the more I looked at it, the worse it got. I would love to put these somewhere near the other 1/6 stuff I own, but it's tough when they dun goofed where they didn't have to. The gear, the weapons, the outfits all generally kick alotta ss. No real problems there. The headsculpts just aren't capturing the characters IMO. Not only that, their paint apps could be so... much... better!

I looked at that pic and saw pink where it didn't belong, and agreed that it looks like paint was in the wrong place. I know damn well that it's a useless pic, and that in hand, it probably looks completely different.

I've never seen a figure of theirs with a paintjob better than the proto. Some might be the same or just what I expected, but never better.

Now, I'm going to show you exactly what I'm talking about. Look at this face:
attachment.php

Determination, check. Gumption, check. Mouth full o' dip, check.
If you can honestly say to me that the first characteristics that come to your mind are "disciplined" and "keen intelligence", then I'll have what you're having. It might have gone a long way to tone down the expression so his face isn't so scrunched up. Right now it looks a little buffoonish or something out of ____ Tracy.

I'll grant you that it's an interesting sculpt. It just doesn't scream Beachhead to me. Give him more of a lantern jaw and a buzz cut, he might be cool as Road Pig but whatever. To each his/her own.

Or we can wait till these are in hand before _____ing about the paint job. You can't tell jack from that small blured image.

I admire Sideshow's initiative in striking out on their own here, but they needed someone to tell their sculptors "it's not there yet." So let's say that you guys have all been perfectly happy with Duke, Flint and Beachhead's headsculpts, could you still tell me their paint apps were the best they could be? If you can see Beachhead's red lips despite that fuzzy pic, wouldn't that indicate we're headed for another crappy app?

For the record, I hope his lips aren't that red when he starts arriving. I hope I'm wrong.

Here's a quick solution: hire nikoniko to oversee the HS painting! If you guys think I'm wrong, that's fine, but it seems that if a light-hearted critique gets you this riled... you may have to put the pom-poms down for a minute so you can catch your breath and listen to what I'm saying to you. For me they have yet to prove themselves on a full (unmasked) Joe HS. We should be voicing our concerns and the pressure should be on them. I know they can do better and that's why I spoke up.

The rest of him is perfect as far as I'm concerned, especially that crossbow.

Showcase has an excuse because he's a 5 post n00b with an overblown cluelessness of about 50-100%...but I should know better.

I've started looking at joined dates before reading posts. Trust me, it works wonders.

I want to get along with you. Skimming through various threads, you seemed to have a decent sense of humor about these things but unfortunately I wasn't aware you were the Grand Poobah of the Post Count Fraternity Cult. While you guys were busy stroking your posts, you could have realized that you yourselves were headed straight to Derpville and beyond. And you did. I mean full metal retard folks. And you never, ever go full metal over this hit.

Laughing yet?

Why so serious?

Look, we might as well figure out a way to chill out. I have some rather ambitious ideas about building adequate display cases and dioramas for these things, so I look forward to reading and posting here.

I feel you about not buying the sculpt because you don't think it's BH, but isn't that old news since this Ex head is pretty much what you see regardless of the paint app and what was released from day one. I mean nothing is going to change that expression...
(so no likey no buy, all good)

As for chanting of the Hot Toys nation to pressure the folks making these, I'd rather not see this here and leave it to the HT threads, they are barely bearable as it is.

I feel you about not buying the sculpt because you don't think it's BH, but isn't that old news since this Ex head is pretty much what you see regardless of the paint app and what was released from day one. I mean nothing is going to change that expression...

As for chanting of the Hot Toys nation to pressure the folks making these, I'd rather not see this here and leave it to the HT threads, they are barely bearable as it is.

Pretty much. I mean its a neat Ex and makes me want a second now honestly but its not something you can't live without as far as the figure goes. Paint wise honestly if it comes out skin tone wise and such as Duke and Flint I'll be pretty darn happy.

As far as the HT chant around here. I love them. I've had a lot of great figures from them Iron Man, Wolverine, etc but last I checked they don't walk on water like some think.

Pretty much. I mean its a neat Ex and makes me want a second now honestly but its not something you can't live without as far as the figure goes. Paint wise honestly if it comes out skin tone wise and such as Duke and Flint I'll be pretty darn happy.

As far as the HT chant around here. I love them. I've had a lot of great figures from them Iron Man, Wolverine, etc but last I checked they don't walk on water like some think.

Marvel HT is actually the least of my complaints on HT, it's everything else :lol

Well, that was a rather wordy 6th post. :lol

I could try to match your rates of one post an hour for 5 years straight but I don't think I have the right combination of cheetos and loneliness.

The easy fix: put as much care into the painting as the sculpting. They knock every sculpt out of the park, but they can charm the hell out of us with the apps.

Marvel HT is actually the least of my complaints on HT, it's everything else :lol

True. :lol Other areas is where people really get crazy.

I could try to match your rates of one post an hour for 5 years straight but I don't think I have the right combination of cheetos and loneliness.

You talk about others being serious?:slap Learn to take a joke noob.

*Yet another noob trying to come in and talk big. :lol

The easy fix: put as much care into the painting as the sculpting. They knock every sculpt out of the park, but they can charm the hell out of us with the apps.

Wrong and wrong. :nono

I think they accomplished that with Beachhead.

Right. :goodpost:

Gotta feeling Khev's gonna nix this thread until more start shipping like he did with FF. :dunno

I'd call bull____ on him, I mean we are talking about dat Beach.

True. :lol Other areas is where people really get crazy.

You talk about others being serious?:slap Learn to take a joke noob.

*Yet another noob trying to come in and talk big. :lol

I feel as if a Tombstone quote is appropriate for this situation...:wink1:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/f7J6dRkJjOI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/f7J6dRkJjOI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back