1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My figure arrived yesterday and I was VERY pleased with how this figure came out. I really liked most of what sideshow did with their previous Batmen so I expected to like this too but hoped for some improvement. And, I think as a whole I like this one more. The body proportions are better as a whole, vs the old bodies awesomely giant upper body, and really scrawny abs/waist area. I miss the bulk a bit but the proportions look better so I can get over it. Interestingly, I didn't realize they used the torso from their Evil Dead 2 Ash on this, the one with the weird fang looking obliques on the upper chest that hang over the lower half. It looks weird as hell on Ash, but with the tights covering them here its a non issue and doesn't look strange. I don't think the arms are from Ash as they seem bigger but they have the same rotation at the elbow instead of the top of the biceps that body had. It functions fine though I'm not used to seeing that on figures that don't have exposed arms.

Also, this figure continues the trend of Sideshow Batman having the best stock capes. This thing flows and drapes wonderfully. I can't imagine anyone wanting to swap this out.

Yea I still haven’t paid mine off but I noticed the cape right off the bat...no pun intended...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late pics, but here it is, Sideshow Classic Batman with first Sideshow Batman body
4f9e73a127c9938d8847696ebb4f5e91.jpg

I have to say, honestly, I have mine in hand and not only is the head way better than the previous release, but the body is too. The oversize body from before just wasn't realistic. Sure there are actual humans that size, but they'd never be as athletic or agile as batman should be. This one has enough heft to whip ass but also looks like he could also pull of acrobatic and martial art maneuvers as well.

I also agree that we need the rest of the justice league. Hell, if you want to consider this a golden age costume, then go for justice society!!!! More importantly though, if it's going to be more and more batman centric, then for the love of God, do an old school Robin!!!

I also agree that we need the rest of the justice league. Hell, if you want to consider this a golden age costume, then go for justice society!!!! More importantly though, if it's going to be more and more batman centric, then for the love of God, do an old school Robin!!!

Amen, but please make him the boy wonder and do not stray from the classic costume...pixie boots and all.
Then give us Nightwing, Tim Drake and anybody else you care to throw out there.

Agreed! Young **** Grayson in the original garb would look incredible next to this figure!!

I have to say, honestly, I have mine in hand and not only is the head way better than the previous release, but the body is too. The oversize body from before just wasn't realistic. Sure there are actual humans that size, but they'd never be as athletic or agile as batman should be. This one has enough heft to whip ass but also looks like he could also pull of acrobatic and martial art maneuvers as well.
I want comic, not realism. The new upper body is very skinny and overall, looks like he is wearing pijamas and those lines don't look very good. The rest is exellent though. The head an everything else is great and a big improvement from the previous releases.

In my opinion the new body is just better sculpted. I don't mind the bulkier look of the previous figure, but the musculature doesn't look anywhere near as good as the new one, and the waist has a weird shape to it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I agree I really like this version of Batman over the previously released version. The body of the old one was way too big for the dark knight.

This body is perfect for a younger more agile Batman. Not every version has to have Jim Lee style proportions.

This is the best Batman Sideshow has done so far. Finally a good masked sculpt, great cape, though light in accessories.

But I will have to disagree with the body. Yes, it is better sculpted with more realistic proportions, but it still looks bad. The legs look too thick for the upper body. The suit, although is a nice material, it is a bitt too lose in some parts and do not show his upper body definitio properly. On top of that, those lines on the suit suck. They are just there to be there with no meaning or illusion of of it being something that makes sense. It is surprising as Mezco does a better job with lines at a smaller scale.

Aside from the body, everything else is very good.

Mine is on the way. I'm thinking of getting a Phicen body and doing a swap once he comes in. Mainly because I want him to have joints that won't get too loose in time. For those who have him already maybe you could give some insight- is there a seam at the back for the costume to be removed? If so how difficult or easy do you think removing the body and putting in a new one may be?

Mine is on the way. I'm thinking of getting a Phicen body and doing a swap once he comes in. Mainly because I want him to have joints that won't get too loose in time. For those who have him already maybe you could give some insight- is there a seam at the back for the costume to be removed? If so how difficult or easy do you think removing the body and putting in a new one may be?

Anyone use the Bruce Wayne head for a custom yet?? I’d really like to do this but I don’t want to buy the wrong body.

Anyone use the Bruce Wayne head for a custom yet?? I’d really like to do this but I don’t want to buy the wrong body.

You'd probably have to mod the head a bit to work as a straight Bruce Wayne. It has a sculpted ring thats painted blue at the base of the neck to simulate the top of the cape going up his neck. I have no idea why they added that but it would look weird just popping that on a normal body without a cape to line up to that.

I don't see how the Wayne head would work without him still wearing the bat suit. The hair is sculpted to look messy as if he's just taken the cowl off.

Would look weird on a regular suit or other civilian clothes.

I don't see how the Wayne head would work without him still wearing the bat suit. The hair is sculpted to look messy as if he's just taken the cowl off.

Yea that does make some sense. Unless you have him in more casual clothes like a sweater and dress pants. Like he’s in his back cave just a little more casually.

Good point, and where is his cowl accessory? He needs to holding the cowlfor it all to work.....If they had that I may have swung for the EX, I could see that looking cool.

Back