1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a 1/6 collector (I know, wrong forum right?) but I just saw pics of this figure and I think it's gorgeous. Sideshow really nailed it. Hope the production piece looks as good as the prototype...it's just a glorious Batman figure.

Sideshow’s 1:6 prices have just become insane. For $200 just a few years ago we got multiple heads and faces, numerous accessories, countless hands, switch out feet, a couple of stand options, and an exclusive accessory at no additional cost. Now $200 doesn’t even get you a couple of batarangs. They’ve tried to keep the price around the same price, but giving us so much less. The comparison with the DELUXE Hot Toys Batman being only $15 more with extremely more accessories is just laughable. As much as I’d like to get that Bruce head, I’m just not a buyer at these prices anymore, not with so little in accessories at least.

Remembering the days of their great GI Joe line. Packed with accessories and even better value

Remember that old video where they showed plans for all the comic based versions they were going to do?

And we get this.

I'd be interested in Adams, Capullo, Lee, Miller, and Romita Jr.-inspired Batman figures in any scale, personally!

I'd be all over a Frank Miller version for sure! I have a modified Medicom but he's a little on the short side compared to standard 1/6 figures.

Before DC Direct killed the line, that is where they were going and the Alex Ross inspired ones actually look really good. I'm surprised given that SSC needs a niche to keep going with these that they just didn't go that route. They seem to be determined to make the "Sideshow Interpretations" like they did with Joe and they're doing with Marvel which is going to be hit or miss off the jump. I would love for them to just be bold and create lines that are specific - Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Rebirth. No funky artist interpretations, no "let's get original" just make it look like they leaped off of the page onto your shelf.

I still ordered this despite the lack of accessories. Maybe after the feedback they'll release some more accessories like the purple gloves and the true classic head shown on the initial prototype.

I wonder if the reason Sideshow does their own interpretations is that an artist interpretation would result in additional licensing costs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Sideshow’s 1:6 prices have just become insane. For $200 just a few years ago we got multiple heads and faces, numerous accessories, countless hands, switch out feet, a couple of stand options, and an exclusive accessory at no additional cost. Now $200 doesn’t even get you a couple of batarangs. They’ve tried to keep the price around the same price, but giving us so much less. The comparison with the DELUXE Hot Toys Batman being only $15 more with extremely more accessories is just laughable. As much as I’d like to get that Bruce head, I’m just not a buyer at these prices anymore, not with so little in accessories at least.
It seems to depend on the figure--their Obi-Wan has a bunch of accessories... But it's also $250, which is a little much.

For $30 more, I feel it comes with far more than this is. He is just so bare bones. Even though Mythoboi is more, I still feel he has a better value just because he comes with more than a lightsaber. Batman doesn’t even have his trademark grapple gun!

For $30 more, I feel it comes with far more than this is. He is just so bare bones. Even though Mythoboi is more, I still feel he has a better value just because he comes with more than a lightsaber. Batman doesn’t even have his trademark grapple gun!
I agree on both counts.

This makes me think sideshow might be hanging by a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me think sideshow might be hanging by a thread.

I think after Hot toys took over the Star wars license, lets face it, they have Sideshow beat in every way possible, Sideshow has gone down hill. This could have been Batgirl, Bateoman, Teo Face, Riddler, Sinestro, any thing other than another Batman and would have sold quick. I just don’t understand their marketing strategy. Hot Toys clears atleast 50 figures a year, Sideshow can barely break 20. Now their Statue game is great, if they could just stay at a consistent price, and stay consistent within each brand.

Hmmm! After the reveal, I will have to think this figure over. It looks good- I like it, but almost no accessories and the price is a bit steep. The extra head is kind of "Fugly" so I could do without it. Why not supply a few more Bat gadgets? Maybe make the Bruce head a bit more handsome? It's in the Hot Toys price range, but not quite in the same ballpark.

I think after Hot toys took over the Star wars license, lets face it, they have Sideshow beat in every way possible, Sideshow has gone down hill. This could have been Batgirl, Bateoman, Teo Face, Riddler, Sinestro, any thing other than another Batman and would have sold quick. I just don’t understand their marketing strategy. Hot Toys clears atleast 50 figures a year, Sideshow can barely break 20. Now their Statue game is great, if they could just stay at a consistent price, and stay consistent within each brand.

I agree sideshow should not have double dipped and just done a 1/6 figure of the amazing statues. The lobo is puny a m35 phicen is better but you have to dye/paint it white

Hmmm! After the reveal, I will have to think this figure over. It looks good- I like it, but almost no accessories and the price is a bit steep. The extra head is kind of "Fugly" so I could do without it. Why not supply a few more Bat gadgets? Maybe make the Bruce head a bit more handsome? It's in the Hot Toys price range, but not quite in the same ballpark.

Agree Bruce Wayne is well a hotty and this one reminds me of cartoons of some ugly person answers door you hear in background woman screaming car crashing etc

But it’s sideshow they know at least there will be a 1,000 suckers who will buy it.
So until we break this habit we will get just a figure next time no base 2 sets hands and one accessory for $250.

They will keep pushing that envelope until it stops working but they will blame market and character not the fact they are being cheep

Back