1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice post and I agree mostly. But Sideshow loves their 'interpretation', don't think that will ever change.

And here's how he could look instead:

zOuBTLi.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of photoshop manipulation but man if sideshow would've given us either one of these I could see myself buying another "comic" styled Batman. Would've been awesome to have this and a real classic Superman to go with. Great job Riddick :clap:

Not a fan of this interpretation. Heck, I wouldn't buy it even if I were. I made that mistake with their last comic Batman sixth scale and his weird floppy body. He couldn't even stand up on his own the body was so poorly constructed.

Not a fan of this interpretation. Heck, I wouldn't buy it even if I were. I made that mistake with their last comic Batman sixth scale and his weird floppy body. He couldn't even stand up on his own the body was so poorly constructed.

Heeerd dat! The proportions were great, but he couldnt hold an ab crunch worth a damn. I will never buy another SS figure, no matter how tempting (like their wolvie or DD). Im sticking with HT's from now on. ACI is another company notorious for floppy bodies....

I took the Gotham Knight out of his storage in anticipation of this "classic" Bats. I have to agree the floppy hips along with ultra limited range of movement in the arms are frustrating but I think once posed it looks nice and I'm pretty sure both side by side could make for a cool display.

Now, I do hope this one will be fairly priced and have a decently engineered body. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking.

Now that I think of it, it would be awesome if interchangeable parts were included like purple gloves and long-heared portrait to achieve the classic look. I'm asking too much, ain't I? :lol

It will be fairly priced! At least for Sideshow!

How about $260? We need to establish new standards!

Sad thing is you're probably right.

Bites me. First, how come they overprice Hot Toys and other sixth scale companies, regardless of the licences, quality, accessories? Second, a lot of recent figures obviously take dust in warhouses everywhere and end up discounted or with free shipping, extra rewards, etc. Why not reconsider the prices, sell more and earn more at the end of the day? I know I'd buy way more of their figures, even mediocre ones, if they were in the $150/200 range.

I sometimes feel like the market is choking. I wonder if we will ever see a drop in figures and statues pricing.

Sad thing is you're probably right.

Bites me. First, how come they overprice Hot Toys and other sixth scale companies, regardless of the licences, quality, accessories? Second, a lot of recent figures obviously take dust in warhouses everywhere and end up discounted or with free shipping, extra rewards, etc. Why not reconsider the prices, sell more and earn more at the end of the day? I know I'd buy way more of their figures, even mediocre ones, if they were in the $150/200 range.

I sometimes feel like the market is choking. I wonder if we will ever see a drop in figures and statues pricing.

Yeah, I'd buy more too if they were priced right for the quality. Now, most of the time, I wait for the Crazy Toys version. The quality isn't up with Sideshow, but it's not that bad and you have a costume, can get a new body, and even that way, it costs only a tiny fraction of what they charge.

Not very honest of me I know, but hey, they started first!:)

Yeah, I'd buy more too if they were priced right for the quality. Now, most of the time, I wait for the Crazy Toys version. The quality isn't up with Sideshow, but it's not that bad and you have a costume, can get a new body, and even that way, it costs only a tiny fraction of what they charge.

Not very honest of me I know, but hey, they started first!:)

Any commodity (whether peanut butter or 1:6 man dolls) are priced fairly by manufacturers so there's room for stores/distributors (whether supermarkets or Sideshow) to jack up the price for profit. I'm not sure if it's 40% to Hot Toys and 60% to re-sellers. I heard that's the case with the video game and film industry.

If they dropped the "classic" title and changed the belt and gave him a staff he would be pretty spot on as Grayson Batman. Batman_Dick_Grayson_0002.jpg

Is it really the real design? I'd heard it was different, but I think it's the first time I actually see this picture!

Yes his costume was red and grey. It wasn't until bill finger made the editions did we get batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually looks pretty good. I'm not as bothered by the lines as I thought I might be. It breaks up the suit rather well. If priced right (which I doubt) I might bite. Doesn't seem to come with much just a batarang.

Back