1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing that they're doing variants, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a yellow oval version at some point. Would be an easy change

When I saw this figure, I Immediately got JLU vibes from it
View attachment 478710View attachment 478711
but the head kinda killed it for me so I decided it Needed a little Modding so I Picked up a SSC Gotham Knight Batman Head and Repainted it to the same colour as the cape and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
View attachment 478712View attachment 478713View attachment 478714View attachment 478715View attachment 478716

What color did you use to match the head to the cape?

Btw, added extra pouches to the belt :)

UnLHxb.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone actually buy the noir version of this? I've never see any in hand pictures of videos. I'm curious how the colours turned out and if it would be useful for a black and grey custom.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Did anyone actually buy the noir version of this? I've never see any in hand pictures of videos. I'm curious how the colours turned out and if it would be useful for a black and grey custom.

Sideshow has an “Unsealed and Revealed” video on their YouTube channel where you can see it in hand. I thought about it for a black and gray custom but it’s more shades of grey and not really black. The headsculpt, cape, boots, trunks, hands and guantlets are are all dark gray not black.

I bought it and I like it. It’s still boxed though. The unlit year is similar to the color version but it not black and grey but grey and DARK grey. It’s perfect for a black and white scenery but you’ll need to dye the dark grey parts to make a black and grey variant. Great figure though.

Thanks for the info.

On that note, is anyone interested in parting out the standard version of this figure? Tony Mei just posted a Year One custom set for this figure that looks great?and while I do own this figure, I don?t want to cannibalize it for a custom because I love the stock version. So I?m trying to price out what it would cost to make another one.

Ergo, I would need need a spare body, as well as the boots (both feet and the greaves), gauntlets and hands, and the utility belt.

Only the hands are on TA right now... so if anyone here wants to sell any or all of these parts, PM me. I know some of you did body swaps so maybe you?ll have spare parts left over?

Does anyone know if the body suits are the same color gray on both the Reg and Noir versions?

You know, from initial pics (and probably somewhere in this thread), I bashed this figure. But, once I got it in hand, did a few mods, it really is my favorite Batman figure that I've owned. I know it's the unpopular opinion, but for someone who's had and sold most of the Bale Batman figs and all the Batfleck figs, this is the one I will keep.

You know, from initial pics (and probably somewhere in this thread), I bashed this figure. But, once I got it in hand, did a few mods, it really is my favorite Batman figure that I've owned. I know it's the unpopular opinion, but for someone who's had and sold most of the Bale Batman figs and all the Batfleck figs, this is the one I will keep.

weird, but I did exactly the same. I was first disappointed because I was really expecting a first appearance Batman and bashed it. Still, not wanting to miss on the exclusive, I POed it and when I got it in hand, I was just : Wow!
it’s become my favorite Batman, and I’ve got quite a few. I really like how they could both please the classic in me (blue) and the realistic (black) by making the blue so dark that it would be an awesome camouflage during the night. One of my top superhero figures.

[...]I really like how they could both please the classic in me (blue) and the realistic (black) by making the blue so dark that it would be an awesome camouflage during the night. One of my top superhero figures.

Although modern depictions of ninja tend to have them in black, I think historically they were depicted as wearing dark blue.

Speaking of 'realistic' I don't know why they insist on putting metal caps on his boots. Real stealthy in tap shoes. :lol

You are right. Shinobi probably wore a very dark blue or grey resulting from indigo dye. Black was difficult to make as a color and it was too solid not to stand out in the night where everything is more grey than black.

Any pics of the mods you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pics of the mods you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any pics. But Basically, I replaced the arms with HT Vader arms but added some spare forearm enhancers I had from the BvS Superman body. These new arms have big shoulders which give him more of that V tapered look that I think helps the proportions of the figure more without going way too big like some do with the Phicen M34/35 bodies. I also replaced the flat chest/neck piece with a fuller one from a body I found on eBay. I bought a second right fist hand, drilled a hole and placed the kryptonite ring from the first SS Batman figure in it and painted the green "glow" effect. Lastly, I bought another gripping hand for the grappling gun from the first release in it but I modified and shortened the barrel. Then kept all the batarangs from the first blue and black releases to have some variety from the only two the figure originally comes with.

I've been trying to find a JL or BvS superman body for a decent price so that I can put those arms on my SS Superman figure. This way they'll be similar but won't look exactly like the arms I have on my Batman.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen the resell on this thing? Seems pretty pricey and few and far between. Surprised for all their love of doing immediate reissue on sell out, this didn't get that treatment.

Also, seems batman noir has sold out a couple days ago.

Has anybody seen the resell on this thing? Seems pretty pricey and few and far between. Surprised for all their love of doing immediate reissue on sell out, this didn't get that treatment.

I bought one earlier this year at about 25% above normal retail cost on eBay from a local (Aussie) seller, but all the ones overseas were heaps more. I'm glad I got it as I love the figure. I want a Superman, but I don't like the head. I'm hoping they do a Shazam one day.

I’m pretty sure this did get a “reissue” at the time where it sold out then went back up for PO for a little while, but this figure was a really slow burn just like the Noir version. It was only once it sold out that prices went immediately up. The same thing has happened now with their Superman figure, which now goes for about $300 or more. The irony is how much crap these SS DC and Marvel figures get on this forum (from myself included before I actually decided to make the jump), yet they resell for a pretty decent amount for the most part. I think Wonder Woman and the new Joker are the only ones that don’t go for too much currently, even though once you fix the shirt and iron the suit on Joker, it’s pretty perfect. I was lucky enough that Buttmuch sold me his EX Bats for a really good price last year.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what body Sideshow used for this figure?
It's a body of their own design. There's no name for it like other bodies that I am aware of (like TrueType, Prometheus, etc).

It's this body linked below. It has been used for this Batman, Magneto, Thor, Superman and Luke Cage so far. Similar to what's been used with Punisher, Cyclops, The Flash etc but with larger arms and only 90degree elbow bends and no bicep swivel.

https://toyanxiety.com/marvel-comics-magneto-Nude-Body/

Back