SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. He'll have you buy one of his. After all, we help him finance his extra figures for his awesome customs! :lol

No doubt! I would gladly purchase one from him, just wasn't sure if he's doing a run. I saw one on ebay and grabbed it. I'm definitely in line for at least 2 full customs from Tony.

His capes are pretty sweet. Bought a wired one for my DX12, thinking about getting more if I can't futz my other ones right.

Excuse the poor lighting. I have to figure a way to relight that BESTA section w/ the Batpod in it since it's black on black.

Those Dark Knight Returns customs above really make me want this. Just can't factor it in to the budget w/ so many things charging and about to be charged soon (2x different Bat Armory sets, Widow, Robocop, 1:1 Cap shield to name a few).

Yeah, I just checked some DX12 cape pics... I wonder if he did QS001 capes.. mine is still in the box, but if he has one wired up I would love to see it and it would motivate me to display that bad boy.. so many figs... so little room (and now less $$). THIS SS 1/6 is my favorite figure by far.

b88aa10b98fc1c9d021e7702133c7a74.jpg

Did the eye mod. It makes a world if difference. Love this figure.

Yeah, I just checked some DX12 cape pics... I wonder if he did QS001 capes.. mine is still in the box, but if he has one wired up I would love to see it and it would motivate me to display that bad boy.. so many figs... so little room (and now less $$). THIS SS 1/6 is my favorite figure by far.

He does.

Awesome pic, captnemo! :clap

I always get confused because of the lighting. Some pics his blue looks brighter than say the first page pics from SDCC.

Quick question: is it possible to remove the belt without cutting it? If so, how? Thanks!

Got to spend just a few minutes checking this guy out tonight (hopefully we will have time for a full review this weekend).

Bummers: Loose left elbow, paint rub on the short ear sculpt (that actually looks like somebody tried to fix real quick at the factory before sending this out... hopefully SS will replace).

The Good Stuff: Just about everything else so far. :) Stoic sculpt looks great on both short and long ears, articulation is nice (except the loose elbow and the fact that they are single joints), and the costuming is top notch. The cape is truly a work of art.

Basically if you are on the fence... Get him.

Couple of very quick, no futzing pics to add to the mix-

Tim is glad to see his partner finally show up to work...

Sallah

Quick question: is it possible to remove the belt without cutting it? If so, how? Thanks!

The belt comes off very easily in the front. Just a standard peg into hole system at the buckle. I plan on doing the pouch mod soon. Not a big fan of the large pouches. But its easily fixed.

Decided to bite the bullet on this one and get him, the in hand pics are just too damn good. I'm going to have to sell off my hot toys two face first though, I think it's time to part with him.

How much? :p

Paint the eyes white by removing the stuff inside the head. Search the last few pages

I think mine must've gotten all the extra glue that they apparently didn't put on the other ones. I tried heating it up and using everything but a chainsaw to get the plug outta the heads. Guess I'll be taking a couple stiff shots to settle the nerves and painting the eyes as is.

Is there a cheaper way of buying this in the UK than through Sideshow (given the customs charges)? Also, what's the difference between the exclusive and regular editions? Thanks.

I'm in the same boat, having to wait for figures to make their way accross the pond rather than pay for customs and any other fees. Collectibles Direct & Lair of The Octopuss are both UK sites and have this up for pre-order.

This is a great looking figure, that I will be adding to my slowly growing 1:6 collection.

Did anyone else get a call from Sideshow asking if they received their Batman figure? I just checked my messages and heard them asking if I am ok with my purchase. First time that ever happened.

Did anyone else get a call from Sideshow asking if they received their Batman figure? I just checked my messages and heard them asking if I am ok with my purchase. First time that ever happened.

Yes, I received the call (left on voicemail) yesterday afternoon. Weird.

Back