SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 more payment to go. I realy hope bats flys in next month, any one hear any delays at all?

We'll my payment goes on 5th usually if there is a delay id hear something by now . So I think we will get are's by 2nd or 3rd week in August

As soon as I get mine in I'm having him try on the jumpsuit I made and I got to make a new belt I have a cape cut out just in case I hate this one. So soon I'll have my old school batman. I might take short eared one and make earth 2 bats using that costume he has now

So looking forward to this . I was so wishing for a bane as well ' hopefully one day

The one on display looks better than I originally thought. Still don't think I'll get it but I could be swayed if the review pictures are good. I think I'm more inclined to get the Hot Toys Arkham City version though. Like the cowl and face on it better but like the gauntlets and boots on the Sideshow one more.

I'll do a quick review if i get it before someone else does.for you guys wait listed. just so you see what your getting.

I'll try to use this head:

DSC_00172.JPG

Gonna be honest...if We weren't getting so many different interpretations of batman, I'd skip this one. I'm really not a fan of the sculptors ultra manly macho face sculpts.

But since we are, I don't mind this one too much.

I had some hands on with this figure and came away very impressed.

Kevin Ellis (Sideshow's Costume Designer/Project Manager) brought out BOTH Batman and Superman for some of us to look at. Which was awesome of him to do. Really nice and friendly open guy and I know he's here on the Freaks board so THANK YOU KEVIN!

According to Kevin and some of this may have been said here, the figure bodies are totally new and designed specifically for Supes and Bats SO FAR. Batman obviously has the buffer one between he and Superman. There are nice ratchet joints along the shoulders that should help provide studier holds for poses. One downside is that the elbows are not double-jointed but Kevin mentioned this was a decision made based on the spandex costume that the figures have. The reason being that they found that double joints tend to get caught in the costume and damage the fabric. Also, due to the muscularity of the figure body, making that double joint can be tricky.

The boots appear to be two pieces with the rubber boot along the shin slipping into the crease by the ankle, this allows the ankle to move pretty freely. Hopefully there won't be much strain because the rubber can eventually split as it did on one of prototype models I handled.

Sideshow is getting better at 1/6th. Kevin says they've learned a lot and they're being more flexible, which is why you don't see one devoted figure body like the Prometheus. They hope to be able to re-use some of their newer figure bodies, but they'll cater towards the specific character.

I asked about a Black & Gray Batman (my personal favorite colors for Bats) and he said if they do it, he would prefer it to be a *NEW* Batman figure as opposed to a repaint of this one.

Kevin also noted that they wanted to go with the "classic" DC looks for their DC line because they took a look at what was out there and noticed a lack of "classic" DC interpretations of their heroes in 1/6th (Medicom is an exception but they have a different style). So they went that route but would eventually like to change them up later on with some creativity like they have with the Marvel SSC figures (Wolvie & Deadpool). It's likely if they do Superman and Batman again, they might do their "own" versions of the character as opposed to taking a pre-existing design and making a figure of that.

He also noted that if they ever did Wonder Woman, she would likely be a new figure body.

This guy was handling the figures right next to me and taking a lot of pics. So he has some good shots. He also did variations of all the different headsculpts with the various mouth expressions.

By the way, these Bats and Supes were EARLIER production prototypes than the ones they had in the display cases. So the ones in the cases were the most up-to-date with slight changes (color variations mostly).

https://plus.google.com/photos/112292106669526066397/albums/6039734390035643777?sort=1

Some of the those pics aren't very flattering. Hopefully it's just lens distortion, but those head sculpts aren't doing it for me.

Some of the those pics aren't very flattering. Hopefully it's just lens distortion, but those head sculpts aren't doing it for me.

Yeah... In those pics, the only face plate that looks good is the "standard" one.... which in a way is good since that is the one I think most folks (myself included) will display.

I will say this- If the final product matches this pic, I will be very pleased that I decided to make this purchase:

20140724_113600.jpg

I personally like the body proportions (they are very "comic-booky"), and the blue they went with is fantastic. A new gray jumpsuit with the yellow oval logo and a capsule utility belt, and I'll have a definitive comic-style Batman in my collection. :)

I actually wanted the other heads to stand out. Happy with the standard, however, I wanted to be able to display them in rotation. They have a Shane from the WD look to them. There is a large gap from the bottom of the nose to the top lip I don't like.

I actually wanted the other heads to stand out. Happy with the standard, however, I wanted to be able to display them in rotation. They have a Shane from the WD look to them. There is a large gap from the bottom of the nose to the top lip I don't like.

Oh your right, on the battle damage version. Lemme say I love this 1/6 and very much looking fwd to it. But, I will say Im not a fan of the tall ears here, they appear to bow out and the grimace face, looks like hes trying to pinch one off.

Back