SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, I'm a fan of the blue (hell, I'm a fan of the oval logo and capsule belt too) but I have to admit, after scratching my itch to see this in black…

attachment.php

…it is pretty bad@$$.

My fingers have officially crossed.

That does look sick.

If SSc wants to really knock us out, the black variant would include a second headsculpt based on the very first appearance drawn by Bob Kane.

Sorry for the multi-quoting:

I'm actually liking the blue and gray cause this reminds me of the batman I used to read back then when I used to read comics regularly.
With all the dark Nolan bats, keaton, and newer batman images of him in a dark outfit, this is a nice change of seeing him in his original glory.

I agree! It would add a nice variety on our shelves! Though when I saw this:

For the record, I'm a fan of the blue (hell, I'm a fan of the oval logo and capsule belt too) but I have to admit, after scratching my itch to see this in black…

attachment.php

…it is pretty bad@$$.

My fingers have officially crossed.

INDEED! :drool Black makes Batman leaner, too (though I'm okay with the massive body SSC came up with)

That does look sick.

If SSc wants to really knock us out, the black variant would include a second headsculpt based on the very first appearance drawn by Bob Kane.

That would be a great add, though they should also toss in an extra set of short gloves in purple and a round-buckled utility belt.

It would be a poor slot choice. 4 figures in and they are all Bat related. Spread the love. Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg need to be made. Toss in a John Constantine and Phantom Stranger or Blue Beetle well before Batwoman.

John Constantine would be nice, and while they're at it -- I'd love to have a 1/6 SWAMP THING.

And a 1/6 Classic Darkseid. DO IT, SSC!

If SS really wanted to impress us, they would do figures based on those designs they teased back in their first announcement video.

She's pretty much the only bat universe character that I wouldn't want.:lol
Would buy crazy quilt or condiment king before I'd buy batgirl.:monkey4

You do know the difference between batgirl and Batwoman right. And Batwoman is still better than either of those villians.

Batwoman does not have the notoriety of Batgirl but she is a much more interesting character, particularly in her latest incarnation.

I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you right there. Since Barbara Gordan has stepped out as Oracle and rolled back into the Batgirl costume I think she's been the more interesting character with better stories with the new 52.

Well I think Batwoman's book is better written than Batgirl New 52, but I'm still more compelled to read Batgirl. I think that's a testament to her character.

Overall I'd prefer a Batgirl over Batwoman as well.

I like the blue Batman but I'd like it to be darker, like on this crappy touch-up of mine:

I also raised and tightened his belt and lowered his head.

I tried a black variant but I'm not too much into it.

Blue Batman is ok as long as the figure has yellow chest oval and belt capsules to complete the 70's look. But this figure has modern chest emblem and belt pouches.

Blue Batman is ok as long as the figure has yellow chest oval and belt capsules to complete the 70's look. But this figure has modern chest emblem and belt pouches.

That's exactly it. If you add the capsule belt and leave the emblem, it will make a decent Earth 2 Batman ala Jim Aparo. That's what I'm going to do. I just know there will be another version at some point.

Well I think Batwoman's book is better written than Batgirl New 52, but I'm still more compelled to read Batgirl. I think that's a testament to her character.

Overall I'd prefer a Batgirl over Batwoman as well.

I love Batgirl more than Batwoman, what sold me on the original Batwoman was the brave and bold and 2 freedome fighter comics and batman family. DC never developed her as well but keep in mind the time frame she came from and the restrictions they had on women back then. Wonder woman got away with a lot more than Batwoman. it wasn't until the 70's and early 80's did I see her finally let punch someone, She knocked out madam zodiac ot cold, before she was 86ed by that iron tiger guy in 1985. SO boo on DC comics, If DC would bring Kathy Kane back and give her a proper go she would totally be awesome IMO. Barbara was a snag from the TV show so they just rang all the way to the bank with her. then later developed her character.

Besides Batwoman and Bat-girl were put in because of the gay hate groups of the 50's and 60'ss that felt bruce wayne and **** grayson had an "unhealthy relationship" and threw a few females into the mix. making Batwoman the 2nd female hero in comics. Bat-girl aka betty kane really boring character when she became flame bird in teen titans west she still wasn't interesting.

And if Batwoman wasn't interesting how come DC used catwoman dressed as her for the nail. Batwoman would have kicked azz like her in that time for sure. and Batwoman is still being drawn by artist today more so than the modern and people dress up as her for comicons. I saw one lady dressed as her and her little boy dressed up as batmite that was soo cute I wish I took a pic but my phone died grr.

So yes I totally want a Batgirl, No one since DC Direct made her which is strange, there was a guy who riped me off that had ownyourownhead.net who had a batgirl, but no one since has made her sculpt. that's odd even for you freaks on here with all the sculptors here and pff nothing. I can understand Batwoman not getting the love because very few people bothered to really get into her, nore see the historical reference of her as one of the few female hero's at the time. Granted she was made into a week character then a strong one before she was killed off because she didn't get rid of the gay rumours of batman and robin.

Last edited:
However getting back to batman, I really am totally grateful that we have a blue batman for once, Im so sick to death of black and grey. I totally agree he should be a darker blue and darker gray costume with the oval crest but lets face it what is done is done in that dept. I'm going to make him a dark grey jumpsuit and get a decal made for him so I suggest you do the same.

I still think it's the camera flash that is making him lighter than he will be in person. blue is like red you can appreciate it until it's in hand because they never photograph well.

Back