SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder when we will see the next SS Bats. Hoping something gets shown soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when we will see the next SS Bats. Hoping something gets shown soon.

I'm actually shocked we haven't seen the Black and Grey version of this. It seems like a no-brainer variant to do and they've already made a variant similarly to the life-size busts. I don't think we'll see it as an SDCC exclusive because Batman will sell too well all over but I am still shocked it hasn't come yet.

Was thinking about an exclusive too but hard to say what they will go with. So many versions to choose from. I just hope they get better and better with them.
Superman seems to be a disappointment so far.

another batman is a no brainer. the first was so well received and hey its batman.

so many versions to choose from, for a bronze age yellow oval version i could see the leaner superman body working. I'm up for any and all versions that SSC can throw at us.

you know after superman we have nothing available for PO? whats up with that?

marvel and star wars are maybe the priorities......

Batman sells though and with many different versions it will be no surprise if we get more bats than any other character.
I do want to see his friends too though, lol.

Just got him. God it's a gorgeous figure. Hands down my favorite Batman figure I've ever owned. The only issue is that his right arm won't bend at the elbow. There isn't a break that I can feel but when you bend it, it just returns straight out and doesn't hold the bend. Not a huge deal since I don't really play with him just display them but it was a bit disappointing. Overall though I love it, instantly made me want to look for The Joker and Harley, I might order Catwoman today and makes the disappointment of Superman even greater.

10885483_10152579904058693_2257772488485810102_n.jpg

The comparison between this and the older DC Direct version is really striking. The quality has come so far and of course the price but well worth it IMHO.

10404906_10152579930038693_1647195121328689774_n.jpg

On to my two pennies:

another batman is a no brainer. the first was so well received and hey its batman. So many versions to choose from, for a bronze age yellow oval version i could see the leaner superman body working. I'm up for any and all versions that SSC can throw at us. you know after superman we have nothing available for PO? whats up with that? marvel and star wars are maybe the priorities......

I predict all Batman incarnations will get done. You'll see a black modern version, a yellow oval version, we saw that in the preview videos a while ago. Even a New 52 version.

I rather they make many other DC characters before another Batman. Not that I dislike Batman, but this is supposed to be a DC line not a Batman and friends line.

The thing is that the line has had four releases all Batman related. Superman is the next and we saw previews for The Flash and Green Lantern but I have a feeling that they'll be more Batman before there is less. Most of DC Comics stuff is like that right now because Batman is selling.

Teen Tim Drake Robin and Nightwing, then more Batmans.

I'm interested to see with which Robin do they go with first. The Batman is modern so my thought would be Tim and probably in his Hush look since both Batman and Catwoman seem to be heavily Hush inspired:

jasontoddhush.jpg

Tim would be my first want because I think he'd go well with this Batman but who knows if they offer the Silver Age version with the yellow oval then I'd probably want an older Robin look.

Hey for those of you who have done the Eye Mod what kind of glue did you use to put the eyes and the neck plug/post back in?

If you mean the whitening of the eyes, I did not glue it back in. It sits tight enough not to fall out; at least on mine.

My HUSH Batman with Tony's outfit and Sosa's head sculpt painted by Ashkan. Before and after pics (After / before in this case:)).

RnM3t0.jpg
03kWYs.jpg

That HUSH head-sculpt is way better than the Sideshow one. If they had that sculpt and the figure was black & gray instead of blue and gray, I definitely would've picked one up.

If you mean the whitening of the eyes, I did not glue it back in. It sits tight enough not to fall out; at least on mine.

Ok thanks you mean the eyes sit tight enough not to fall out, but did you glue the neck plug/post back in?

THE BATMAN. Tony Mei suit. I painted muscle definition on the suit to bring more contrast. Sideshow belt reworked, boots, gloves and body. Erick Sosa head painted by me.

10881639_10205486475220770_1691684814328519854_n_zpsbed7203b.jpg

That is phenomenal. Looks like an actual person just standing there, ready to kick the crap out of you.

Back