SSC 1:6 Scale Dusty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like Vegas buffets, but can't stand the cheap ones around town.

Golden Corrall commercials look damn good though. Never been.

The fig by it self is just a normal guy.

With the Enviroment/dog/Cobra desert troops = Dusty.

Actually I think the codename patch makes him Dusty not the accessories you have to buy for him. Barbie is Barbie with or without the dreamhouse.

Actually I think the codename patch makes him Dusty not the accessories you have to buy for him. Barbie is Barbie with or without the dreamhouse.

^ this.

dusty (to me) was always one of the more realistic looking troops...along the lines of footloose, hit & run and ripcord. i don't mean that he didn't have personality but he didn't have some of the costume quirks other joes had. the figure could always have been a stock, normal 'army guy'.

(too lazy to quote the comment from a few pages back)

I'm ok with the knee pads, but the matching pants are starting to make the Joe's look like they're in some kind of awesome Menudo/New Edition style boy band. "I'M THE DESERT ONE, AND I AM SASSY!" etc.

Just would be nice to change up the pattern is all, couldn't take that much work to do that. Saw someone mention the length needing to be longer, and I agree with that too, esp for Flint.

Like the figure for the most part otherwise.

I'm ok with the knee pads, but the matching pants are starting to make the Joe's look like they're in some kind of awesome Menudo/New Edition style boy band. "I'M THE DESERT ONE, AND I AM SASSY!" etc.

Just would be nice to change up the pattern is all, couldn't take that much work to do that. Saw someone mention the length needing to be longer, and I agree with that too, esp for Flint.

That was me. My only issue is the pants length. They need to lose the "hammer pants" look and the elastic band at the bottom and just add more material and a standard hem. It would go leaps and bounts toward making them look more realistic.

I just noticed he comes with no extra hands. Not that I need fists or a left gun grip hand, but I just wish he had a left hand that can better grip the foregrip on the Famas.

Seeing as how they are the same as Duke's I am going to get an extra set of Duke's hands if they do not have extra hands on his list tomorrow.

There's just something off to me on the Flint, Duke head sculps / facial expressions. It's more a personal preference issue to me, they seem cartoonish to me. (And I realize that's what there from, a cartoon series.)

I completely agree. I have no problem with it. But I see it pretty easily. I am actually wondering how well Dusty will blend in with the other Joes because of it. I really don't care, but I am curious.

Do we really know if waypoint was a failure? They may have made money off it even though it isn't sold out yet. I actually really like it and don't regret purchasing it at all.

I think it is just the haters trying to brainwash everyone else into believing that the Waypoint environment failed. They really could not possibly know whether Sideshow made any money off of it just because it went to giftcard. And judging by the fact that we are getting another one...I would tend toward believing that Sideshow is satisfied with what they made. For a while, it seemed that there was a fairly large outcry against it. Then I noticed that it was the same small handfull of people repeating the message.

I'm here b/c I'm a hugh fan of 1/6 collectibles and I'm in this thread b/c I really like this SS Dusty figure. For me this might be the figure that gets me into this line of figures. All that I've said here is IMO on the other Joe figures in the line.:)

Please don't feed the GI Joe Nazis. It just makes them expect more.:)

Okay guys two pages of your favorite restaurants is enough.

Hmmm...VERY interesting.

regarding the pants, do they shorten them because the boots? I like things to be realistic, but i also hate oversized boots because they have to leave room for the pants.

regarding the pants, do they shorten them because the boots? I like things to be realistic, but i also hate oversized boots because they have to leave room for the pants.

If they used real fabric boots instead of molded plastic the pants could realistically be tucked into them. That's the problem.

+1 for the New Edition comment. :lol

If they used real fabric boots instead of molded plastic the pants could realistically be tucked into them. That's the problem.

you still get lumpy boots or oversized. its physics. positive matter cannot occupy zero space or something like that.

hijack, anyone ever use reward points to purchase a HT TT from sideshow? the system seems to let me do it, but i hate to lose the points.

So what's the story with the desert base stand? Does it come with Dusty or is this another SSC Bait & Switch?

CLA-SSC-Dusty-11.jpg

Yeah but comparing Sideshow to Hot Toys is comparing Minor Leagues to the Majors.

Depends on the product, kiddo. ;)

Honestly, companies like Dragon and dare I say, even Hasbro have been doing that for years as well and they don't look over bulky. Sideshow just needs to relinquish the "doll traditions" and look into other methods. It's no more expensive to sew the pants straight legged and longer with a standard hem and string than it is to sew them blown out from the waste and put an elastic band around the hem. It just involves stepping away from tradition.

Surprisingly, it looks like the knife gear is significantly different than the one used for the previous figures.

Back