1/6 SSC 1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the lower prices I would say they are worth it. Joker's biggest issue is the knees. I, however, haven't felt the need (yet) to swap out the knees or the body. Harley and Catwoman are excellent figures with the exception of the base bodies. Harley was falling apart upon opening her up. Catwoman hasn't fallen apart yet. Replacing the body for Catwoman isn't an issue. Her outfit zips open. Harley is another story. Once that body deteriorates you're going to have open her up because that plastic will stain the outfit. I ripped the seam and did a blind stitch (first time). It came out okay, but could have been better. Some of that can be hidden by the corset.

That's was another thing I was going to ask. Since you need to remove the clothing in order to swap out the body, how many people actually put the corset back on her?

Jack, since you put the corset back on, does that need to be sewed as well? Or does it lace back up? Also is there a recommended replacement body for the Joker figure?

Just to answer a question you posed to Raindog; I don't know what version Play Toy is on now, but I used version 2.0 with medium bust and it worked out fine. I also think I stayed with SS's bust just cause it looked better. The body switch made a significant difference as SS's body did not flow well.

I did put the corset back. I do like the look of her without it, but it didn't feel complete without it even if it's not comic accurate. I also think it looks better with it. You just have to lace it and tie it up. It is a bit daunting, however.

As far as the Joker goes most just replaced the knee joints.

Here's some pics of Harley's body:
2uqzu6t.jpg

2mwv8yb.jpg

2145g7r.jpg

11ijq4z.jpg

29bbmkm.jpg

28aokrm.jpg

Last edited:
Just to answer a question you posed to Raindog; I don't know what version Play Toy is on now, but I used version 2.0 with medium bust and it worked out fine. I also think I stayed with SS's bust just cause it looked better. The body switch made a significant difference as SS's body did not flow well.

I did put the corset back. I do like the look of her without it, but it didn't feel complete without it even if it's not comic accurate. I also think it looks better with it. You just have to lace it and tie it up. It is a bit daunting, however.

As far as the Joker goes most just replaced the knee joints.

It looks like Play Toys is on version 4.0 now so I'm assuming this body would work as well since you used the 2.0 and Raindog used the 3.0.

How do you actually go about replacing a knee joint and where would I be able to purchase replacements at?

Sorry for all the questions. :confused:

Never apologize for asking questions. That's the beauty of this forum; that's when this place shines. See here and you'll see the mods for this figure.

Never apologize for asking questions. That's the beauty of this forum; that's when this place shines. See here and you'll see the mods for this figure.

Thanks Jack!

So you need to replace the knees with those of a Sideshow figure? Hopefully I won't have to repair the one I get.

Thanks for the pictures of Harley's body, man what a mess that is! That really sucks that all of Sideshow's DC ladies have such terrible base bodies.

So would I be okay picking up this body or should I try the new 4.0 body?

Garrison, you don't need to replace the knees. Most replaced them or the body because they wanted to. They feel odd; they are very bendy. The figure has a pro 1 and would most likely need another pro to replace the knees. I haven't taken apart a pro body so I don't know how compatible they are with bodies on in the market. Those who replaced the body went with a knock-off TT narrow-shouldered.

I don't know about that first link body but it looks a little funky. The Play Toy body I got looked a lot like that 4.0 body.

I don't know about that first link body but it looks a little funky. The Play Toy body I got looked a lot like that 4.0 body.

I got the first Amazon link from a response within this thread. Is this not a Play Toy 2.0 female body? Perhaps it's a knock-off. I found the same model number on Aliexpress here for a few dollars more.

The ankles on the 4.0 body don't look the same as the images I found of the 2.0 so I wasn't sure if they would work or not.

Thanks Raindog, I appreciate the response and the offer to help. I'm definitely wanting these purely for enjoyment as Batman is my favorite superhero. I'm only interested in him and his rogues. The Sideshow Superman and Green Lantern figures just look off to me.

Would you recommend the PlayToy 3.0 medium breast version for the swap for both Harley and Catwoman?

I did replace Catwoman's body as well as it was in the same shape. Hers the breast plate was fine and I did switch out with the 3.0 Playtoy breast plate because of the nipples and with Catwoman the suit didn't fit right because the bust is a tad bigger. Not annoyingly big just barely.

Btw, I am lucky my wife sews. So, she did the taking the outfit off and sewing it back up. Without her I would not have been able to do it.

Here's some pics of Harley's body:

Thanks. Wow, those look rougher than mine did. The one where the outfit was stuck a bit the glue had begun to run down her leg. If I'd waited much longer I don't think I would have been able to get that leg of the outfit off.

I had another question, are there any known bootlegs of this figure? The reason I ask is that there are a few on Ebay from a Chinese seller with zero feedback for a pretty low price. Even though Ebay has a money back guarantee, I'm not sure I want to be the first to purchase one.

Have there been any changes as to which is the best replacement body for Harley Quinn, I just picked her up and am glad I checked this thread... Thanks for the help!

With all the issues talked about on this thread about the Sideshow female body - I don't have any of the degradation issues posted. My Baroness, Harley & Catwoman are all in excellent shape and show no signs of breaking down. Bummer for the few that seem to have it though.

Hello guys, this is my first post here and sadly i'm in the same situation of many others with my harley quinn.

The Glue used on the body has ruined the outfit on my Harley figure.

Does anyone found a way to remove the black stain off the outfit ??

Thanks

My Harley Quinn figure started to give in. There are too much unnecessary silicon glues in the body that could ruin and cause stains on her spandex suit. But I was not surprised since there are already a lot of same cases posted on this thread and I was expecting that i will face the same problem too after a year or two. I will just have to replace the body... AGAIN, like what Sideshow always make me do, replace their body.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Back