1/6 SSC 1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a play toy 2.0 coming in the mail. When it arrives I'll do a quick tutorial video for you guys on the fix, and how it all turns out. Already removed the suit from the old body but I'll cover that too.

Also noticed a few posts on here of playtoy figures from Amazon? Judging by the photos of these figures compared to the playboy figures on bbts I'm fairly sure these arnt "play toy" figures but just cheaper knock offs (The difference is notable in the use of the rubber on the torso which coveres the whole torso on the actual playtoy figures.)
So they may not be compatible/ could have different joints. But who knows they could work just as well. If anyone picks one of those up please let us all know how it works out.

No worries guys, they've given me a window of the 21 of sep to the 8th of oct for expected arrival (Im in Australia). So wont be for a while but ill keep you posted.

Well I'm pissed... Goo Gone does NOT get rid of the plastic melted to her suit. Nothing does. I tried everything and ended up just wearing away the fabric itself before it would come out.

What a waste... My first 6th scale figure and this is what happens...

Well, I'm glad some people noticed this. I have two Harley's and one Catwoman. They are all three standing alone with no stand fine. No stains or anything. With all this talk I decided to get three of these play toys bodies and change Catwoman since it would be easier fix. These Sideshow bodies are a major disaster waiting to happen. I didn't want to believe it but Catwoman's body had this goo all over her upper legs and it was a disaster behind her breastplate, I couldn't even reuse the Sideshow breastplate. I have to get to both of those Harley's this weekend.

As far as the changing of everything it was fairly easy. The play toys hand pegs fit the Sideshow hands but could fit better and it only came with two. The spare head attachment that comes with the play toys body is the one that fits the Sideshow head. It could be better as well but works just fine. Everything was really just a swap except the boot attachments are quite different. Luckily as someone stated earlier in the thread with a little hand drilling the pegs should fit right in. I didn't make it that far yet and just put her legs in her boots without pegs and she is free standing. The play toy body just looks better on the figure minus the butt being a little flat.

Anyone that has drilled the hole happen to recall the drill bit size you used?

Last edited:
just looked at my harley. she has been posed with her leg bent up at the hip. there was a small section of glue sticking to the suit on the upper back part of her leg. such a shame. loved this figure, but im not down with body swapping. gonna dump all 4 figures from the line now. done with SSC figures SMH

After reading all this, I'm glad I just bought the heads now...

poorlyclown.jpg

For anyone else that is planning to do this with a play toys body. I know someone previously mentioned drilling the hole with a bit manually. I decided to use the power drill and to just a bit at a time and it worked perfectly. The hand pegs and foot pegs even fit better in the different body. I previously mentioned the SSC hand pegs do not work with Play Toy body. I was wrong. Also, with Harley you have to replace the neck. With Catwoman it didn't really matter but switched anyway just cause skin matches better.

Now just waiting for my wife to rip seams off Harley's to see what condition they are in. She will be sewing back up, so wants to do the taking apart as well. Just not in a big a hurry as I am. If this was any other figure I would just box up and sell. Why couldn't it have been one of the 5 Black Widow figures?

It was a toss up on either this or AOU Black Widow. Harley Quinn won. But eventually I'll get AOU BW. I'm gonna pair HQ with SS Deadpool.

Finally had time to open my exclusive I bought not to long ago. Happy I got one with nice paint job. I'm happy with her crazy smile14463301885881958275488.jpg

I was curious, after all of this time, what peoples thoughts are currently on this figure. I never picked these up when they were readily available due to space restrictions. However now that I have the space, I'm thinking about picking up Harley, Joker and Catwoman. Then pairing them with the Gotham Knight Batman (I prefer the black to the blue version of Bats). Is it worth getting these even if you have to swap out the base bodies? Is it hard to remove the jumpsuit from Harley and sew it back on?

I was curious, after all of this time, what peoples thoughts are currently on this figure. I never picked these up when they were readily available due to space restrictions. However now that I have the space, I'm thinking about picking up Harley, Joker and Catwoman. Then pairing them with the Gotham Knight Batman (I prefer the black to the blue version of Bats). Is it worth getting these even if you have to swap out the base bodies? Is it hard to remove the jumpsuit from Harley and sew it back on?

If you are buying for enjoyment and not investment, YES, you should get one. I bought two. Love the body I swapped to. So much stronger. I wish I could have used the SS breast plates but both were saturated and edges were covered in that glue that is all over the body when you take the suit off. And the body I used the breast plate has nipples, so my Harley has nipples now. The body is really hard to believe once you see it. If you just turn a leg it breaks the plastic and pops off and isn't fixable like other bodies. I know some will disagree, and I wish I would have kept a body and made a video of how easily it dismantles. Even if kept in a temp controlled room, with no natural light and no extreme temps. HOPEFULLY, the glue is just on the body you receive and not the outfit. I almost couldn't get one off because the outfit was stuck to body because of the glue. It will rip easily, be careful.

If you or someone you live with have basic knowledge of sewing, YES, buy one it is damn near a perfect HQ representation. I really don't have a complaint. I used the playtoy 3.0 body, which the only problem with that body is you have to drill the holes for the leg pegs. Speaking of that, that is another thing I liked about the swap it fixed my only gripe really, she was too tall. If you would ever like help walking through the process message me or I believe someone on here did a video of the swap.

At the lower prices I would say they are worth it. Joker's biggest issue is the knees. I, however, haven't felt the need (yet) to swap out the knees or the body. Harley and Catwoman are excellent figures with the exception of the base bodies. Harley was falling apart upon opening her up. Catwoman hasn't fallen apart yet. Replacing the body for Catwoman isn't an issue. Her outfit zips open. Harley is another story. Once that body deteriorates you're going to have open her up because that plastic will stain the outfit. I ripped the seam and did a blind stitch (first time). It came out okay, but could have been better. Some of that can be hidden by the corset.

If you are buying for enjoyment and not investment, YES, you should get one. I bought two. Love the body I swapped to. So much stronger. I wish I could have used the SS breast plates but both were saturated and edges were covered in that glue that is all over the body when you take the suit off. And the body I used the breast plate has nipples, so my Harley has nipples now. The body is really hard to believe once you see it. If you just turn a leg it breaks the plastic and pops off and isn't fixable like other bodies. I know some will disagree, and I wish I would have kept a body and made a video of how easily it dismantles. Even if kept in a temp controlled room, with no natural light and no extreme temps. HOPEFULLY, the glue is just on the body you receive and not the outfit. I almost couldn't get one off because the outfit was stuck to body because of the glue. It will rip easily, be careful.

If you or someone you live with have basic knowledge of sewing, YES, buy one it is damn near a perfect HQ representation. I really don't have a complaint. I used the playtoy 3.0 body, which the only problem with that body is you have to drill the holes for the leg pegs. Speaking of that, that is another thing I liked about the swap it fixed my only gripe really, she was too tall. If you would ever like help walking through the process message me or I believe someone on here did a video of the swap.

Thanks Raindog, I appreciate the response and the offer to help. I'm definitely wanting these purely for enjoyment as Batman is my favorite superhero. I'm only interested in him and his rogues. The Sideshow Superman and Green Lantern figures just look off to me.

Would you recommend the PlayToy 3.0 medium breast version for the swap for both Harley and Catwoman?

Back