SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone not happy with the head sculpt and looking to part with it? I'm looking for another but don't want to buy the entire figure.

Let me know
Dave

We've had this debate a looooong time ago and no matter how many pics I see and my own hand-held comparisons...I still think the Sideshow Buck body is at the bottom of the pile of the "Big 3".

But Sideshow claims they are doing R&D on a new body style...perhaps we'll see something in 2008 in terms of that.

What Sideshow SHOULD do if they do create a new body is make sure that they at least offer or use the same neckpiece (and maybe even a wrist adapter if they change it) that the Art S. Buck used so that people who bought all these older figures could easily convert them over to the new bodies.

Though more profit could be made by Sideshow if they just perhaps remold some pieces and re-release figures on the new body. :monkey1

...but they didn't hear that from me.

We've had this debate a looooong time ago and no matter how many pics I see and my own hand-held comparisons...I still think the Sideshow Buck body is at the bottom of the pile of the "Big 3".

But Sideshow claims they are doing R&D on a new body style...perhaps we'll see something in 2008 in terms of that.

What Sideshow SHOULD do if they do create a new body is make sure that they at least offer or use the same neckpiece (and maybe even a wrist adapter if they change it) that the Art S. Buck used so that people who bought all these older figures could easily convert them over to the new bodies.

Though more profit could be made by Sideshow if they just perhaps remold some pieces and re-release figures on the new body. :monkey1

...but they didn't hear that from me.

I agree.That's most likely what they'll do.

tweaked the eyes a bit. repainted it green (took out the "doll dot") and added some redness around it.

mypics065.jpg

mypics066.jpg

I don't know whay it is, but I find when I do my photos, the dot almost makes it seem that's where the figures eyes are looking to, wherever the dot points, it is a bit meh, especailly if they do gloss the eyes.

Who do you the "Big 3?" I would put the Dragon Models nude in there as another figure that has passed the Buck.

Not to come down hard on the Buck body but I find that most bodies that I don't like I just replace with another body that I do like. It is fun to customize and it has really taught me the difference in mechanics of the 1/6 body over the years.

I am in no way saying that Sideshow doesn't need a new body, I am just saying it has been fun using their accesories and head sculpts to make different figures.

I think most people on this board, including me, refert to Medicom, Hot Toys and Sideshow as the big 3, since they're the ones making figures of mainstream properties in mass ammounts. I'm sure other makers have better bodies than the buck, but the main 3 people collect around here are all pretty top notch with the Buck of Sideshow pulling up the rear.

I think most people on this board, including me, refert to Medicom, Hot Toys and Sideshow as the big 3, since they're the ones making figures of mainstream properties in mass ammounts. I'm sure other makers have better bodies than the buck, but the main 3 people collect around here are all pretty top notch with the Buck of Sideshow pulling up the rear.

Well, that makes sense.

Is this even a debate still? I thought, along with the roundness of the Earth, this issue was long put to rest.

Hot Toys base bodies own Sideshow/Medicom. :lecture

1. Hot Toys
2. Medicom
? Sideshow Buck

Odd request, but can someone take a picture of Luke's belt laid out? I found a great picture of a 1:1 custom of the Tatooine belt and I want to see if there's an easy way to turn it into his Tattooine belt or just steal the pouches. :lol

Is this even a debate still? I thought, along with the roundness of the Earth, this issue was long put to rest.

Hot Toys base bodies own Sideshow/Medicom. :lecture

1. Hot Toys
2. Medicom
? Sideshow Buck

How does hot toys bodies end up in the number 1 slot? Medicom bodies are way more poseable and realistically hold natural poses.

Hot toys are the sturdiest while still maintaining a good amount of poseability.

if we're talking headsculpts i'd give #1 to hot toys.

How does hot toys bodies end up in the number 1 slot? Medicom bodies are way more poseable and realistically hold natural poses.

Hot toys are the sturdiest while still maintaining a good amount of poseability.

if we're talking headsculpts i'd give #1 to hot toys.

I agree with you. Medicom should have the #1 spot. For me, one things takes it down to #2 and the answer is simple (and one you prolly anticipate): Scale. Hot Toys not only give you awesome pose ability, but they also give you the option to pose them with an eclectic mix of other manufacturers (for those with whom scale is an issue. For those with no issues with scale thats awesome and Medicom would take the #1 spot. But for me, I'll take HT.)

I agree with you. Medicom should have the #1 spot. For me, one things takes it down to #2 and the answer is simple (and one you prolly anticipate): Scale. Hot Toys not only give you awesome pose ability, but they also give you the option to pose them with an eclectic mix of other manufacturers (for those with whom scale is an issue. For those with no issues with scale thats awesome and Medicom would take the #1 spot. But for me, I'll take HT.)

well in terms of scale, theres no doubt about it that HT is in the norm. personally i dont have any issue with medicom being in a smaller scale...it's like saying you will only buy Premium Formats because theyre 1/4 scale, and any other statue no matter how awesome, just wont fit because theyre smaller. I guess I appreciate something for what it is, not for where it can fit.

Back