1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. The only reason I'm not getting an outright refund is because I got a good deal on it from alter ego with my rewards points. Although, if I can't scrounge up enough for the hot toys Vader before he comes out, I think bats might get the axe.

No way paying 300.00 plus shipping for Vader. 2 Sideshow vaders suit me fine. Same with first ssc anh Ben. I can't justify spending all that money for one figure. Looks like ssc is getting out of 1/6 DC line. With Superman and green lantern very underwhelming and now this. Seems they just don't care about quality anymore. But I do like their Superman.

No way paying 300.00 plus shipping for Vader. 2 Sideshow vaders suit me fine. Same with first ssc anh Ben. I can't justify spending all that money for one figure. Looks like ssc is getting out of 1/6 DC line. With Superman and green lantern very underwhelming and now this. Seems they just don't care about quality anymore. But I do like their Superman.

Yeah, that's why I've been on the fence about it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan though, Vader and fett specifically, so I'm having a hard time resisting. If they were priced reasonably like they used to be, I'd be getting the entire episode IV line, but even bare bones releases like Leia are astronomical. For a good laugh, go look up what they used to charge for iron man II figures. Can't believe mark vi retailed for just over $200! And it came with a diorama and almost an entire suit of battle damaged armor. If the exact same thing was released from them today, it would be almost $400, guaranteed. It's nuts. This hobby is pushing out its bread and butter customers and leavening only those with considerable expendable income or kids with cash from mom and dad.

Yeah, that's why I've been on the fence about it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan though, Vader and fett specifically, so I'm having a hard time resisting. If they were priced reasonably like they used to be, I'd be getting the entire episode IV line, but even bare bones releases like Leia are astronomical. For a good laugh, go look up what they used to charge for iron man II figures. Can't believe mark vi retailed for just over $200! And it came with a diorama and almost an entire suit of battle damaged armor. If the exact same thing was released from them today, it would be almost $400, guaranteed. It's nuts. This hobby is pushing out its bread and butter customers and leavening only those with considerable expendable income or kids with cash from mom and dad.

I think hts and ssc probably saw what people were paying on secondary market for figures and figured they could raise prices. Again, this is just my opinion. Plus Disney owning SW and Marvel do not help prices.

Same here, seems to be a common problem. I wrapped about two layers of scotch tape around the peg and that seemed to fix it. It's a shame this is a miss when compared to the first release. If just a few of these minor problems were fixed, it would be the definitive batman figure for me. I can see Brian Bolland in the long eared sculpt, Alex Ross in the middle, and David Mazzuchelli in the short. The cape is the biggest disappointment for me though, huge step back form the last release, which was probably the best 1/6 cape made by any company to date. I'm hoping to get a replacement body for mine, regardless of whether I do or don't, this will probably be my last sideshow produced figure unless they make some serious changes. Between that and hot toys charging insane prices for figures now, I'm thinking I'm on my way out of collecting 1/6.

Me too. I've been buying more PFs now to where I'm even going back and picking up pieces I missed out on. And overall, I'm saving more now b/c there's less to choose from.

Could somebody please post some side by side pic's,of all the Blue & Black cowl's together please. :)

I'll post some this weekend :)

Not sure why the company Sideshow used did a lame dry brush on his boots and gauntlets.

Yeah, I just got the Justice Belt from you today to go with the Alex Ross head you gave me, and I think I' gonna repaint the boots, gauntlets and hands with the Mr. Color paint you recommended me for my All-Star Frank Miller one.

I can't get my faceplates to stay in either. They don't fit properly and they fall out.

Clear fingernail polish. One quick coat, test, and repeat if more is needed. Easy to remove as well and durable.

Same here, seems to be a common problem. I wrapped about two layers of scotch tape around the peg and that seemed to fix it. It's a shame this is a miss when compared to the first release. If just a few of these minor problems were fixed, it would be the definitive batman figure for me. I can see Brian Bolland in the long eared sculpt, Alex Ross in the middle, and David Mazzuchelli in the short. The cape is the biggest disappointment for me though, huge step back form the last release, which was probably the best 1/6 cape made by any company to date. I'm hoping to get a replacement body for mine, regardless of whether I do or don't, this will probably be my last sideshow produced figure unless they make some serious changes. Between that and hot toys charging insane prices for figures now, I'm thinking I'm on my way out of collecting 1/6.

See above.

I have this figure and I would definitely tell someone to wait for a deal. It's a nice figure that with some TLC can be vastly improved. But who wants to do that when you've just spent $240+ for it?

Absolutely. I think going through SS on this is a waste, but I didn't pay over $180 for either of my two, so at that price I've been pretty lucky. They're replacing the one with the bad body suit and my second one doesn't seem to have any issues. Hips are slightly loose but holds every pose just fine.

Got mine in hand today. Been looking forward to this figure and have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed. First off bat symbol on chest is severely damaged so will be returning. On top of that face sculpts are disappointing and hip joints are super loose. And both feet were popped off in box. Only been at this 1/6 figure collecting since May, have put together about 20 figures so far between HT and SSC and this is unfortunately the low point for me. Sad. Really looked forward to a classic Bats.
1eaaee2241b18488b06ef872493b6d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could somebody please post some side by side pic's,of all the Blue & Black cowl's together please. :)

Here you go

Not sure why the company Sideshow used did a lame dry brush on his boots and gauntlets.

Dunno either. But I love your upgrades :D Got the last of my Alex Ross stuff from you yesterday :)

Got mine in hand today. Been looking forward to this figure and have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed. First off bat symbol on chest is severely damaged so will be returning. On top of that face sculpts are disappointing and hip joints are super loose. And both feet were popped off in box. Only been at this 1/6 figure collecting since May, have put together about 20 figures so far between HT and SSC and this is unfortunately the low point for me. Sad. Really looked forward to a classic Bats.

Ugh. That sucks. Get that return started asap. Had to return my first one too for that symbol problem. Second one is much better. Hips are slightly loose but still holds poses with absolutely no issues.

How utterly disappointing. No excuse for this. Seems like ssc put very little effort into quality for this release. 199.99 plus shipping for a medicom grade and priced figure is a joke. Looks like ssc could care less about dc 1/6 line now. I would have been so upset opening your bats. I was disappointed in Dead Pool also, shipper, retail box, and foam holding figure is a joke. Prices go up and quality goes down.

That is truly a slap in the face to any collector. How could that figure leave the factory in that condition - when the damage on the chest symbol is so ####ing obvious? I have a hard time believing that could have happened in transit: that's got to be a basic QC issue.

Sideshow really sucks. Sorry that happened to you, Mattingly. :(

Oh man that sucks!

Though I do believe it could have happened in transit. I don't know what material they used for the bat symbol, but it's awfully sticky and like I said earlier, a real dust magnet. So I wouldn't rule out it sticking to the plastic tray and be torn off at some point.

I am sooooo glad I waited and did not pay retail price for this. I am a huge batman fan, but this is sad. Another nail in the getting out of 1/6 collecting coffin. I need a new hobby.

I am sooooo glad I waited and did not pay retail price for this. I am a huge batman fan, but this is sad. Another nail in the getting out of 1/6 collecting coffin. I need a new hobby.

Were you expecting more? But hey, I don't blame you. You choose wisely to see it in hand before buying, smart. It don't look that bad, it's exactly like the first but different color scheme.

Yes, it's like they tried to cut cost. Fabric is thinner, cape material is different, logo material is different, one of the cowl is unpainted, some had QC issues, face plates don't fit or fall off, no brown shipper.... Does really sound like scraping for more cash.

That said, it's my favorite of the two versions, even though I wish it was the same quality as the previous one.

Back