1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. So much for QC. Did you at least get a right and left leg? Def. Waiting till he is discounted. Looks like ssc has found a cheaper Chinese factory to put together the figures or hired younger kids to assemble them.

The legs are fine thankfully. only way I knew was b/c the left arm didn't sit nice against the body like the right arm does. Knowing that I could easily sew it back together, I sliced the back open and found that I was right. The bicep and the forearm turned out to be the exact same as the right arm. oh well. I'm still deciding.

Could somebody please post some side by side pic's,of all the Blue & Black cowl's together please. :)

quality has definitely gone down a bit on this one. Mine came with two right arms! :slap: deciding on if i should go the replacement route or just return it altogether

That's just obscene. You deserve a complete refund from Sideshow. What kind of quality control is that? Even the cheapest, $1 knock-off action figures that you see in budget shops come with the proper arms! Disgraceful.

The legs are fine thankfully. only way I knew was b/c the left arm didn't sit nice against the body like the right arm does. Knowing that I could easily sew it back together, I sliced the back open and found that I was right. The bicep and the forearm turned out to be the exact same as the right arm. oh well. I'm still deciding.

Send it back brother. Wait till he is discounted before buying again. Sorry you got a jacked up bats.

Realized why mine seems so unstable. Both hips are loose, yay. Any idea on how to tighten them up?

I was really up for this variant, even though I own (and love) the first SSC DC Batman. But the sheer number of complaints regarding quality control and breakage across the SSC DC line is absolutely unforgivable, and they only appear to be increasing with each figure. Harley Quinn and Catwoman are plagued with major structural issues, and Joker suffered from crappy, rock-hard stiff joints and bowleggedness (is that a word?). I've not read of any substantial issues with the first Batman, but the body and faceplate issues with Gotham Knight really indicate production indifference on Sideshow's part. Pathetic.

That's just obscene. You deserve a complete refund from Sideshow. What kind of quality control is that? Even the cheapest, $1 knock-off action figures that you see in budget shops come with the proper arms! Disgraceful.
Yea I was pretty surprised. I've collected SSC since the first 1/6 LOTR and SW figures and this was a first for me.
Send it back brother. Wait till he is discounted before buying again. Sorry you got a jacked up bats.
Thanks man. That's probabaly the best idea. Just him back and spend less later
I was really up for this variant, even though I own (and love) the first SSC DC Batman. But the sheer number of complaints regarding quality control and breakage across the SSC DC line is absolutely unforgivable, and they only appear to be increasing with each figure. Harley Quinn and Catwoman are plagued with major structural issues, and Joker suffered from crappy, rock-hard stiff joints and bowleggedness (is that a word?). I've not read of any substantial issues with the first Batman, but the body and faceplate issues with Gotham Knight really indicate production indifference on Sideshow's part. Pathetic.

Yea I'm kind of missing my first Batman wishing I didn't sell him now :slap

I have the the (first) Batman and Joker figures - both are superb and i've had no problems, however the problems with the Gotham Knight don't surprise me after the way things have gone with the GL figure!

I have the the (first) Batman and Joker figures - both are superb and i've had no problems.

Yes, they are both great (although Joker's legs are an issue). The Batman figure just lends itself to endless reposing, and the ease of draping the cape material just brings an extra dimension to the figure. I certainly don't like what I'm hearing (and seeing) of the Gotham Knight in that respect...

I'm just sick of making allowances for $200+ figures from Sideshow. It's just not acceptable at this price point.

I finally got mine today, and though I'm warming up to it, my first impression was, terrible, terrible figure. Bad cape material, Bat logo is rubbery and a dust magnet. The face plates keep falling off. The long-eared cowl isn't painted like the others.

Clearly, SSC is becoming more like Medicom than HT. They have finally achieved the combination of Medicom prices with Medicom quality...

I can't get my faceplates to stay in either. They don't fit properly and they fall out.

I can't get my faceplates to stay in either. They don't fit properly and they fall out.

Same here, seems to be a common problem. I wrapped about two layers of scotch tape around the peg and that seemed to fix it. It's a shame this is a miss when compared to the first release. If just a few of these minor problems were fixed, it would be the definitive batman figure for me. I can see Brian Bolland in the long eared sculpt, Alex Ross in the middle, and David Mazzuchelli in the short. The cape is the biggest disappointment for me though, huge step back form the last release, which was probably the best 1/6 cape made by any company to date. I'm hoping to get a replacement body for mine, regardless of whether I do or don't, this will probably be my last sideshow produced figure unless they make some serious changes. Between that and hot toys charging insane prices for figures now, I'm thinking I'm on my way out of collecting 1/6.

1/6 collecting for me is on life support. Sad prices go up and quality going down. I was looking forward to getting him. Will wait for used ones on eBay to start showing up.

1/6 collecting for me is on life support. Sad prices go up and quality going down. I was looking forward to getting him. Will wait for used ones on eBay to start showing up.

I have this figure and I would definitely tell someone to wait for a deal. It's a nice figure that with some TLC can be vastly improved. But who wants to do that when you've just spent $240+ for it?

I have this figure and I would definitely tell someone to wait for a deal. It's a nice figure that with some TLC can be vastly improved. But who wants to do that when you've just spent $240+ for it?

Exactly. The only reason I'm not getting an outright refund is because I got a good deal on it from alter ego with my rewards points. Although, if I can't scrounge up enough for the hot toys Vader before he comes out, I think bats might get the axe.

Back