SSC 1/1 Batman Bust Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey my fellow freaks,

Just wanted to share with you my latest repaint.

This piece is a must-buy for any Batman fan, a truly amazing bust! But I wasn't happy with the skin tone so decided to repaint it and then I thought I might as well repaint the whole thing.

So this is my own take on this piece. Let me know what you think and I hope you like the result :wink1:

Thanks for watching!

I gotta agree with Josh. The skin tones are awesome, but I am losing a lot of the detail of the sculpt right now with no highlights.

I'm torn on this, while I agree with Spidey and josh about the flat black kind of losing the details, there is something very cool about it, like you said... almost a kevlar or leather look about it. I see both sides but no matter what, it's a seriously great paint job!

Another awesome job Kevin! :rock

I'm torn on this, while I agree with Spidey and josh about the flat black kind of losing the details, there is something very cool about it, like you said... almost a kevlar or leather look about it. I see both sides but no matter what, it's a seriously great paint job!

:exactly:

I have always liked a matt / toned down look of the cowl and cape, gives it a more the-way-it-should-be look.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Constructive criticisim helps a lot.

Based on the pics I've posted, yes it does seem like the cowl loses some of its natural highlights.

But I can assure you it only depends on the lighting.

Personally, and that might be just me, I like the dark, gritty look for Batman. I find it fitting for the character.

What I mainly aimed at was the sharp contrast between the eyes and the cowl. Now it really does seem like he's wearing some kinda device underneath the mask

Great work.. Maybe you should post foto before and after :)

Sorry, I thought I did

Not the same lighting I know, but you get the idea :wink1:

Simply marvelous. Earlier pics had me perplexed about the matte effect on the cowl but this comparo pic elevates it to an even higher state of confusion. I still love the original effect although I can't ignore the repaint too. Somewhere midway I guess, like this:

cExOqzb.jpg

That skin tone is a home run though. Perfect. :clap

I am actually totally fine with the confusion :)

Means I did something truly personal that not all people will be fans of.

That's what I love about Batman. He's one of the few superheroes that can be interpreted in a lot of different ways

Frankly, I love it. The 'de-glossifying' of the cowl really makes it 'pop' for me.

Gonna have to do this to mine once I get my man-cave/workshop reorganized.

Yeah I think I'm convinced, the matte cowl is the winner, it gives it a totally realistic feel... Like THIS IS how the real thing would look!

It no longer looks painted, it just looks "real" and that to me is the highest compliment you can pay an artist!:lecture

Back