SS STAR WARS figs PIX from China TF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some interesting pictures of the Sideshow Star Wars figures from Chinese ToyFair...

tf06ht42.jpg

tf06ht43.jpg

tf06ht51.jpg

tf06ht46.jpg

Bigger pictures here...

viewtopic.php

i wonder what's up with anakin's tunic? it looks longer than the other photos we've seen, and it looks like the sashes are fabric, not leather.:confused:

So Hot Toys are importing Sideshow into China? Makes sense I guess.

Look at the crazy detail on Ani's arm!

damn, they all look so great! i cant wait to have them!

So Kenobi's tunic is going to be pretty white.

Otherwise kewl beans mean gene.

Oh and Solo looks dead on to me.

Actually, that is a toy show in Hong Kong.
The figures are displayed in Hot Toys counter.

I have asked their staffs, some of the accessories/costumes Sideshow sent them are missing. Thus, they have to complete it by mix-and-match with Hasbro stuffs.:monkey5

For example, Obi-Wan's belt is the same as Anakin. Anakin is holding Obi's saber while Obi has Anakin's saber on his belt, etc.

I think the costume was a mock-up. The robe hasn't been fixed in those pics either. It should be blacker.

Loving the robot arm!! I might pose my Sith Anakin with that arm just to add to the unsettling appearance of the character....

EVILFACE said:
So Kenobi's tunic is going to be pretty white.
Even though it's easily my most-anticipated purchase this year, Obi-Wan's colors have seemed off to me since the first promotional pics.

ewan_vs_ss.jpg

Keep in mind the nature of Sideshow photography.

If it comes down to it, we can give Obi's tunic a tea bath to brown it up a bit.

Looking real good. Obi-Wan's tunic is a little off that photo but nothing god awful. Dave is right the detail on Anakins arm is amazing.:chew

Customikey said:
Keep in mind the nature of Sideshow photography.
I don't know what you mean by this. Is SS photography known for being misleading? I've been a casual collector for years and never noticed that.

I figured the lighting had a bit to do with it, but clearly it's not going to be an exact match. They're just too far apart, to my eye.

Customikey said:
If it comes down to it, we can give Obi's tunic a tea bath to brown it up a bit.
That's a service I'd definitely have to pay you to perform. I wouldn't have the cajones to try.:eek:

EVILFACE said:
Pay someone to stick a little shirt in a cup of tea :confused:

Hey!! Waddayadoin? Let the man talk! :monkey4

But seriously, I don't think it's going to be an issue. we're going to be nuts for Kenobi.

I thought you said to give obis tunic a tea bag.... :google

The way Obi-Wan's tunic lays on him looks much nicer. The whole thing actually looks nicer than before. Still too light though.

Is it me or does Obi-wan look about 20% better than when they showcased him in February? The FS looks alot more life-like to me.

But that cloth sash on Anakin does have me a bit worried...:confused:

Back