SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few cell pics.. My angry face looks weird. i think one eye is too big( the right eye.) can anyone post pics? My calm face also has a scratch but barely visible so i dont mind. you can only see it really up close. Other than that the figure looks great, and i think its money well spent.

Great pics folks...really like this one, Jim...

They sent me two of the same right cane hand instead of a right light saber hand. Gotta call them.
7ygumuqy.jpg

I'll see for myself later this week...

Mine should come in to my local shop this week or next, since this is my first yoda i'm really looking forward to getting him.

mine just came a few hours ago. here's a quick snap of my master yoda. i really liked how it came out. i really do think all the accessories that came with him were unnecessary as i won't even be using most of what came with him. but the figure itself is pretty cool. thumbs up ssc.

Pictures!

null_zps4cabe10c.jpg

null_zps8176c623.jpg

null_zpsc64e0efc.jpg

I really like him. He has a great feel, the paint is better than expected for the most part, I love the poseability and the wire cloak/rag is awesome too.

Now for the bummers:

As you can see above, the head I have on is the passive head. Here's the other one...

null_zps5139cd42.jpg

So two heads, same face, one has eyes looking up for some reason...

Also, both heads have these scratches on top, a little hard to see in the photos but looks like slippery hands while sculpting the hair... So... Two heads going back lol

null_zpsb92aac9d.jpg

null_zpsb8b69fb8.jpg

Finally, there is a lot of flaking on the pegs for the hands and legs when I switch them out.

null_zpsd468e7f4.jpg

Other than those issues, so far I'm really happy! Don't think I'll do anything with the chairs though.

Now question... Depending on how much sideshow would charge me to keep the wrong head after they send a replacement, would anyone want to take the one with the eyes looking up?

hey bro, those lil line marks you have on the head, i actually have ones on mine, maybe a tad lighter then yours, but honestly its hard as hell to see unless you're really looking at it. i'm good with mine, just not that noticeable enough to go through the trouble of exchanging. i'm thinking it's prob something most of them come with and not so much a flaw. if that turns out to be the case, a replacement might not be an option.

hey bro, those lil line marks you have on the head, i actually have ones on mine, maybe a tad lighter then yours, but honestly its hard as hell to see unless you're really looking at it. i'm good with mine, just not that noticeable enough to go through the trouble of exchanging. i'm thinking it's prob something most of them come with and not so much a flaw. if that turns out to be the case, a replacement might not be an option.

That's certainly possible, and if that were the only issue I wouldn't bother with it, because while I did notice it right away, it's not that big a deal at all. But, since I need a new head anyways, I went ahead and asked for it.

Got mine today. Really like the little guy. First Yoda since I was about 6 :lol. No QC issues either. Quick pic, nothing special.

My little green baby arrived today, barely had time to peek on him at lunch, but he looks QC problem free, can't wait til Saturday when I can sit across from him at a table and have a tea party with him.

Ok, so I'll probably just put him in the case but it was a great thought. :panic:

Got Yoda in today... I think when you consider the 2nd head and extra chair accessories he's a solid value at $100. Sadly I'll probably never use the chairs; but still there's a lot going on with him.

Sculpts and paint both look very good... not HT on the paint, but it's solid. Only thing that bothers me is the "feathering" of the hair on the side of the face is very poorly done... if that had been cleaner and more intentional I'd have been happier.

Big issue though is the body on my is broken, chest is cracked open and so I'll need to get a replacement. The rest of the body felt pretty tight, but with the body taped back together I found the legs felt very loose and had trouble holding a pose.

So, a bit of a mixed bag. If my replacement body is solid I'll be pleased, but I have a feeling it's more of a design issue than bad luck.

Here's my video review of the new Yoda figure! Not bad overall :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atstPwcquE8&feature=share&list=UUAv3tPDsW1Jhi6L0SPPKs7A[/ame]

Nice quick review Kool. The yoda undressed part made me think we should get gremlins in 1/6 form from seeing yoda nude or a gremlin could easily kitbashed from yoda. Anyway congrats on yoda ,get mine tommorow.

Just a quick comment. Git mine today and I was a bit worried after seeing some pics but after ooening mine I love it. Yoda looks great.

Nice quick review Kool. The yoda undressed part made me think we should get gremlins in 1/6 form from seeing yoda nude or a gremlin could easily kitbashed from yoda. Anyway congrats on yoda ,get mine tommorow.

Cheers thanks! :) I thought I'd get his gear off to check out all the articulation points and make sure everything was OK. I'm not sure if the body is exactly the same as the ESB Yoda, or if they've improved it?

Overall, the articulation is pretty decent for this size. I would've like a bit more movement in the neck area, but still OK.

Have fun with yours! :)

Back