SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know... **** it. Sold. Hopefully production looks better in person if not. Well that's why we have various sculptors here on the boards. lol

I agree with most comments. SSC hit a nice price with the chairs, but the sculpt and paint are too harsh, IMO. Also, I'd have liked to see one of the headsculpts to be more passive and reflective, maybe with the ears cast downward a bit.

The exclusive is "meh" enough that I'll be looking for this figure via gohastings or during a promotion.

Well that's what I am talking about. In scale with the figures. I couldn't care less about the starwars.com stuff. It needs to look right. :cuckoo:

Right. Exactly. It's in scale with other figures, but it just not proportionate. Savy?

Is like to see some pics of the Medi next to the SS. It looks like the SS head is more proportionate.

Is like to see some pics of the Medi next to the SS. It looks like the SS head is more proportionate.

IIRC Michal Crawford had some comparison pics on his site. I know I have seen some comparison pics though. I may have to dig around.

Edit: I just looked at MC's site and nada...

Found it. Angles are kind of bad for a proper comparison though I guess.

wgtd6952.jpg

Yeah... The MediYoda's expression had a humility to it that the Sideshow version doesn't... But still, I think the Medi's expression is more appropriate for RotJ Yoda just because he looks so harrowed and sickly.

Medicom Yoda looks like he's dying of cancer or AIDs. All shriveled up around the face. It's just bizarre. If the head sculpt was bulked out, it'd look great though.

In your opinion maybe and yes.

My recent statues (Cap, Thor, Baroness) all came out better than I expected when I received them.

Good to know that the statues are improving. I don't get them anymore.

But the 1/6 are very underwhelming. The last two paintjobs on the 1/6 Yoda were less than impressive, though I thought Santa Yoda was slightly better.

Back to the sculpt.

How could they get it so right in all the other formats except 1/6.

07072008-212141.jpg

Back