SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt is terrible. Thanks for making my New Year's resolution to stop buying from Sideshow.

Why not use a clear post for the floating chair?

It doesn't matter, I'm not sold on this offering. Although the second head sculpt looks a lot nicer than the head in the first promo photo. But even that one looks like Archie Bunker! :)

Last edited:
Will still have to pass.

Those accessories and price did nothing to change what needed to be addressed with this figure.

This works for me. Nice accessories and price point. Sculpt could be nicer, and still not a fan of the cheapie robe and outfit. The column for the floating chair should be transparent. I wonder if the knees will articulate because the pose looks a little off.

I'm really looking forward to this guy! I passed on the Mentor version waiting for this to hopefull come out....knew it would!

Yeah the tailoring on the outer robe could be a bit better...but I'll be POing this one!

This works for me. Nice accessories and price point. Sculpt could be nicer, and still not a fan of the cheapie robe and outfit. The column for the floating chair should be transparent. I wonder if the knees will articulate because the pose looks a little off.

Considering it's the same body as the OT Yoda, the knees have articulation and he will be able to be seated in the proper pose. Just remove the feet and hope the robe covers them.

Not within a bulls-roar of looking like Yoda. Terrible, ugly head sculpts... BUT, great value for money with all the accessories.

You guys obviously saw the PF Yoda & Clone? The face sculpt on that was perfect! I don't get how they can be so all-over-the-shop on the representations :(

eqpm8.jpg

"Homie, you in the wrong part of town - get the F#%& off my lawn!"

Edit: Oh, and I changed my mind - I'm in for one. The ESB version basically had one head sculpt, a number of hands, and a log for $70. Here we're getting an extra headsculpt (albeit pissed off), more hands, and two chairs for $30 more. Not terrible.

I was on the fence about buying this guy but now that I have seen the accessories and extra sculpt I am diving off the fence. It isn't perfect but I am sold on getting this. The only thing that would make this better is an unlit saber but that's a minor issue for me.

Well. at least the box'll be packed with stuff...the two chairs and alternate portrait are a nice touch. I also like the "floor section" stand...wish they'd do that more often...

My only two issues have been mentioned several times by others...that terrible too-small, high-water robe (maybe go for a more solid muslin ala the material the Tusken's main outfit is made from?) and...here's hoping it's a removable blade on that saber...

At least the whole package is right at the c-note there....

You can see with the grumpy Borgnine head, that they've tried to capture the look he had when he caught Dooku's Force lightning & says, 'you still have much to learn' during their battle at the end of Ep2.

Swing & a miss. :lol

The calm head just looks plain bizarre. :lol

Might sound strange. but I think yoda should have come with a troubled meditation headsculpt. for example the expression in ep3 at kashyyyk and the spacestation where he has his eyes closed.

The normal headsculpt does look off to me, he kinda looks bored and angry.
I dont think its a problem with the face, but more or less the eye expression.

I do love the value you get with this fig.

I like the accessories, I really can't wait to see how this sucker looks when some of the talent around here starts repainting these heads. The sculpt looks pretty good, I think this will end up being a great set in the right hands.

Back