SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

Hmmm...

I re-read the newsletter and it says:
"Only 1,000 pieces of The Exclusive Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Knight - Episode II 1/6 Scale collectible, which includes the Kamino Dart, will be available worldwide and will be priced at just $69.99!"

It does make it sound like it's only 1,000 pieces altogether, and the figure itself is a limited edition exclusive...

Hmmm...

I re-read the newsletter and it says:
"Only 1,000 pieces of The Exclusive Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Knight - Episode II 1/6 Scale collectible, which includes the Kamino Dart, will be available worldwide and will be priced at just $69.99!"

It does make it sound like it's only 1,000 pieces altogether, and the figure itself is a limited edition exclusive...

I don't get that impression at all. To me, there's a PPO, like always, for the Ex. edition, and there's only going to be 1000 piece ES so they're letting people know up front so they know how competitive getting one will be, with a regular edition to follow once the Ex. sells out.

That is how I read it too, 1000 EX ES with the Kamino Dart for the PPO.

I don't get that impression at all. To me, there's a PPO, like always, for the Ex. edition, and there's only going to be 1000 piece ES so they're letting people know up front so they know how competitive getting one will be, with a regular edition to follow once the Ex. sells out.

Yeah, I'm sure thats what it will be too.

In what way? The low ex. edition size? If he's on a Buck body, the "NOT GONNA GET IT" meter is about to go red. :(
It's almost like they took the Clone general Obi head and put it on the Obi EPIII body. A few minor changes. If it's not a rip off, than it is definitely milking.

To me it sounds like there will only be a 1000 of these, no regular version. Flogging a dead horse.

Last edited:

Even at 1000 it still won't be that hard to get. And if you don't i'm sure a WL would convert. I would be a lot more happy if SS put these ex. edition sizes down to 500 or at least 750, C'mon make it interesting!

Actually it looks like the cloak is a new cut to me. Not really sure, either way I like it and want to see Anakin very soon.

kind of a crappy exclusive :(
why not a spear, or a zam arm (as mentioned by another member)
or some crappy holograph?
wouldn't a kamino dart be really really small in one sixth scale?
garbage

I may wait for the regular from an online shop. The dart is going to be so freakin' tiny that to me it's not even worth getting. At least this figure saved me from having to create a custom bash of one.

My bad, I thought i read that it was ready to ship in Dec, maybe Im thinking of prior posts.

I may wait for the regular from an online shop. The dart is going to be so freakin' tiny that to me it's not even worth getting. At least this figure saved me from having to create a custom bash of one.

That's what i'm thinkin, he'll be had for under 60$ and that's a good deal.

IMHO, the "crappier" the exclusive the better. That way its a nice little nod if you can get it but not a requirement to have a complete character. Bespin Han for example is just not the same without the Mynock same with Mace Windu and the Jango Head.

IMHO, the "crappier" the exclusive the better. That way its a nice little nod if you can get it but not a requirement to have a complete character. Bespin Han for example is just not the same without the Mynock same with Mace Windu and the Jango Head.

I'd say Qui-Gon without the Tatooine poncho is worse than Mace without Jango's head, but agreed, some exclusives are really nice and add to the figure. At least most of them are relevant to the movie. Anakin coming with a hologram he never even used is strange.

I still say that an alternate wet hair head would be cool, to eventually recreate any Jango/Kenobi fight scene.

That would be a cool exclusive, therefore SS would not make it.

Back