SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

I'd love a phantom menace obi wan

lol it's most likely the clone obi.

If this is on the buck at that price forget it.

Heck, if those are US Dollars forget it if it's on the Prometheus. That would be $30 more than the armored figure! :horror

lol it's most likely the clone obi.

If this is on the buck at that price forget it.

I have spoken to the people there at SimplyToys. They confirmed that its a new 12" EPII Obi. I did be going over to place order tomorrow, and I don't even know how the figure look.:duh I have faith in Sideshow.:monkey3

Now who have the bravery to start a new thread on the 'coming EPII Obi'? Hee hee.

Last edited:

Forbidden planet.co.uk has Obi wan episode two up for preorder

Forbidden planet.co.uk has Obi wan episode two up for preorder

That is odd. It can't be clonobi because he is seperately listed. Did they let the cat out of the bag before Sideshow?:confused:

Sounds like it. This is good news though. I bet he kicks ass. :rock

Hope he will be worth it for £59.99 though forbidden planet's prices seem a bit out of hand lately and .co.uk is usually cheaper than .com

If there is an AOTC figure coming soon, great, but I'm not counting on it. Clonobi seems to fresh, it seems like a strange move to not only release the same character but virtually the same incarnation, at least time period, within the same year.

But then why would the UPC number be different?

If there is an AOTC figure coming soon, great, but I'm not counting on it. Clonobi seems to fresh, it seems like a strange move to not only release the same character but virtually the same incarnation, at least time period, within the same year.

I beg to differ. For every person who bought the Clone Obi, there was one complaining that they would've bought a regular version. And seeing as how it'd just be a simple rehash of existing parts (perhaps with a Buck-style neck added to the Clone Obi headsculpt) it would be a perfect low-run Newsletter preorder for everyone interested. I already have the Clone Obi Wan...actually, I have two and I'd still pick up an AOTC Obi. It'll be about the same price as it'd cost to kitbash one properly anyway.

I beg to differ. For every person who bought the Clone Obi, there was one complaining that they would've bought a regular version. And seeing as how it'd just be a simple rehash of existing parts (perhaps with a Buck-style neck added to the Clone Obi headsculpt) it would be a perfect low-run Newsletter preorder for everyone interested. I already have the Clone Obi Wan...actually, I have two and I'd still pick up an AOTC Obi. It'll be about the same price as it'd cost to kitbash one properly anyway.

Good points, but, there's also potential sales to Clonobi owners as well, or the possibility, not that they're having too much trouble moving Clonobi, that cancellations and returns may follow if folks got Clonobi thinking AOTC would not come to pass, or at least not soon. It just seems like an odd play, I'll welcome if it happens, but certainly unprecedented.

Another Obi-Wan . . . .

We need Tarkin, Lando, Dooku!!!!!!!!!!

Another Obi-Wan . . . .

We need Tarkin, Lando, Dooku!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, but as has been mentioned, this particular one is a fairly effortless piece if it does happen, so no resources taken from other characters really.

Good points, but, there's also potential sales to Clonobi owners as well, or the possibility, not that they're having too much trouble moving Clonobi, that cancellations and returns may follow if folks got Clonobi thinking AOTC would not come to pass, or at least not soon. It just seems like an odd play, I'll welcome if it happens, but certainly unprecedented.

Which unfortunately and also fortunately wouldn't be much of a surprise for Sideshow based on past releases. I never would've expected the back to back release of Vader and the Stormies. Seems like they could've spread it out to keep people peeled to their website, but they did it the same morning!

I wouldn't necessarily say unprecedented since he would basically be a variant, albeit with more than typical changes. The robes should be a bit more tan and the boots would be new.
I would also add that they would market him as a variant so 'technically' it won't break their 'no reuse' headsculpt rule.

Curioser and Curioser said Alice...

I guess we won't find out until Thursday anyhoo.

It IS strange though isn't it?

Back