Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The regular hasn't even begun shipping yet. You are lying.

I have it on order, not in hand. Don't want to loose the NRD by canceling, but it will be going back the same day it arrives.
Pulling the trigger on this was an impulse, but the more I look at the pose, the more I dislike it.

Good morning from spain, this is the firt time I write here, I'm waiting for the white monkey here, someone know when the white statue will be ready to be sent? :)) the price in spain I think is low due to euro dólar Exchange

Enviado desde mi C6603 mediante Tapatalk

I have it on order, not in hand. Don't want to loose the NRD by canceling, but it will be going back the same day it arrives.
Pulling the trigger on this was an impulse, but the more I look at the pose, the more I dislike it.

wont u lose the shipping charges then, ?

Good morning from spain, this is the firt time I write here, I'm waiting for the white monkey here, someone know when the white statue will be ready to be sent? :)) the price in spain I think is low due to euro dólar Exchange

Hi mate, from Italy here! My retailer said that he hasn't the arrive for the white ape and his schedule is until 4th January :) I guess that with holidays, many fellow from USA won't have the white ape in hand until late January, we'll be lucky if we have it imported by end January, more probably towards mid February or even beginning of March. Yeah we're getting good deals, I mean, almost as US customers pay (I pay $560 shipped on this)

So. This has been shown for a year? And there are still people moaning about the fact that Conan is on the apes back and not standing in front of it on a suicide mission. And to top that, preordering just to send it back because it is as advertised....Conan on the BACK of a giant ape :slap

TROLL ALERT :lecture

I paid 429 Euros and include shiping cost to my local comic Store in my city in North spain, I will wait then to january :) thanks for the info

Oh wow at the in hand photos! So the exclusive came with a mini Conan statue as a bonus? That's pretty sweet! As far as King Kong statues go, it's hard to beat this one.

Too bad that mini Conan is 1/5 scale

Yep, very mini indeed. A full size soda can is as tall as his foot to his knee...

i-JvTfZ6s-XL.jpg

Conan is definitely about the same size as he was in The Prize (meaning large). The ape is simply enormous, but who really wants to see Conan fighting a little monkey?

Finally able to unbox mine (elbow is still acting up, but 4 days patience was all I had in me). VERY satisfied with this piece. Very dynamic action poses, and detail everywhere.

Need to take some real photos tomorrow (these two were snapped with a flash just for scale).

i-gpfmdRc-XL.jpg

"The ape was drawn to the shiny object. It had never seen such a thing before. It approached cautiously to investigate.

Too late did it realize it was a trap. The Cimmerian sprung before realizing it was not the white ape he was looking for!"

"The ape was drawn to the shiny object. It had never seen such a thing before. It approached cautiously to investigate.

Too late did it realize it was a trap. The Cimmerian sprung before realizing it was not the white ape he was looking for!"

:lol

Congrats on your black ape guys!! :hi5:

They look terrific. I cant wait for the elusive mystical white ape to start shipping and appear in hand. Conan and that base should stand out better.

Was finally able to open mine and it was...broken. Had a nasty feeling it was going to be, too. :(

Not looking forward to dealing with Sideshow over this one. And looking at how it was packed, I don't know how possible it even is for this beast to get down here undamaged. It's just so damn heavy, and one drop is all it's gonna take...

Was finally able to open mine and it was...broken. Had a nasty feeling it was going to be, too. :(

Not looking forward to dealing with Sideshow over this one. And looking at how it was packed, I don't know how possible it even is for this beast to get down here undamaged. It's just so damn heavy, and one drop is all it's gonna take...

Sorry to hear that Ex Parrot. Mine arrived broken too. The break point is where Conan's arm is attached to the ape. The arm broke in two on mine. The ape and Conan really should have been shipped as two separate pieces that connect by magnet or pins. Where was yours broken?

Man I think I want to get this....

Can anyone out there post some pics of this next to a PF, and SW mythos, or a Hulk PF..... Just want to get my head around the size.

:yess:

Arrived today and he is unboxed and ready for display!

Both characters compliment each other in a spectacular showpiece. Lots of detail and lots of presence.The base alone has lots of great little additions including jungle vines, old weapons and skeleton victims.
Painting is a bit flat. No sign of Conan working up a sweat, scars are just raised marks (same colour skin tone) , the Beast looks very dry in the mouth, eyes and cuts.
Worth taking a moment to give the edges of the metal foot peg a quick, light filing to help with locating it into the base as it is tight and the piece is very heavy to be holding for too long :lecture

Very happy with it overall and a great addition to my Howard collection :wink1:

Use some clear gloss to touch up the mouth, eyes and wounds on the ape.
Makes a difference and looks better.
That peg is big so hopefully it'll do it's job for the long haul with no issues.
It really is a great piece.

Back