Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had my reg arrive yesterday after months of waiting. Then when I was trying to put it together today, the foot peg slid halfway in nice and easy and then all of a sudden I heard *CRACK* and the foot broke completely off! :monkey2

I called the store that I ordered it from and they were really great about it. They e-mailed me a return label and they're going to send me a brand new one. I think next time I'm going to try putting it together with the statue lying flat on something so that all the weight isn't on the peg. I felt like I was being really careful, but obviously I must have had it at the wrong angle. I checked afterwards and the peg does fit properly in the hole. I feel like a complete moron now, because I knew that you had to be really careful so I should have had someone helping me. The statue is REALLY heavy, and I don't exactly have big muscles since I'm a lady. :slap

thanks!

Unfortunately, I just noticed there seems to be some sort of paint flaking or missed paint on Conans hair? It hasn't been 30days yet, so I can return it if I want to, but I'd rather find a super easy solution to fix these white lines in his hair, any suggestions? I don't want to return it, but this will bug me kept the way it is.

Any craft store should have flat black or semigloss black craft paints...any brand will do for touch ups, also get a spray can of flat or matte clear and spray the whole hair area after touch up to help blend in the black and protect it from future peeling or flaking...hope this helps

K, next time I'm at michaels I will look for that spray, any tips to applying the spray or it's as simple as just spray the area lol? Do you wait til it's dry when you use it?

I finally had my reg arrive yesterday after months of waiting. Then when I was trying to put it together today, the foot peg slid halfway in nice and easy and then all of a sudden I heard *CRACK* and the foot broke completely off! :monkey2

I called the store that I ordered it from and they were really great about it. They e-mailed me a return label and they're going to send me a brand new one. I think next time I'm going to try putting it together with the statue lying flat on something so that all the weight isn't on the peg. I felt like I was being really careful, but obviously I must have had it at the wrong angle. I checked afterwards and the peg does fit properly in the hole. I feel like a complete moron now, because I knew that you had to be really careful so I should have had someone helping me. The statue is REALLY heavy, and I don't exactly have big muscles since I'm a lady. :slap

Oh No Sisko! :gah:

When you get your replacement you can try this.

Good news, after five tries I finally got it to seat flush! :clap I placed the left foot down first and that helped line up the peg properly and it went right in so if anyone is having trouble getting it to seat flush try that. This piece has detail for days!

It worked like a charm for me and if you can get someone to help you even better. I did it myself and I was exhausted afterward.

Man I wish I could get another one and repaint it brown... I mean it

K, next time I'm at michaels I will look for that spray, any tips to applying the spray or it's as simple as just spray the area lol? Do you wait til it's dry when you use it?

More or less just spray the whole hair area after the black is dry so you dont have any more problems with flaking of hair or sheen difference with prepainted and your repainted area...get a section of papertowel put a hole the circumference size of Conans head in the middle, pop it over Conans head than spray... the papertowel should help protect your conan from overspray.

Had the same problem with mines before I repainted my whole statue...but I used black with a smidgin of burnt umber mixed in.

Oh No Sisko! :gah:

When you get your replacement you can try this.

It worked like a charm for me and if you can get someone to help you even better. I did it myself and I was exhausted afterward.

I know! I was so devastated when it happened. I had actually read your post before about putting the left foot down first, so that's what I did. I think that's why the peg slid halfway in pretty easy. But then I had to shift my weight halfway through because the damn thing was so heavy. That must have changed the angle of the peg slightly, and then all the weight came down on it.

I just sent the damaged one back using the return label, so hopefully I'll get the new one next week sometime. I must say, I was pretty blown away by how amazing it looked when I opened the box. It's just an incredible piece, which made it even worse when I broke the bloody thing!

I know! I was so devastated when it happened. I had actually read your post before about putting the left foot down first, so that's what I did. I think that's why the peg slid halfway in pretty easy. But then I had to shift my weight halfway through because the damn thing was so heavy. That must have changed the angle of the peg slightly, and then all the weight came down on it.

I just sent the damaged one back using the return label, so hopefully I'll get the new one next week sometime. I must say, I was pretty blown away by how amazing it looked when I opened the box. It's just an incredible piece, which made it even worse when I broke the bloody thing!

It will be all good. I hope William Mendoza is handling your case, he did an outstanding job with my replacement.

It will be all good. I hope William Mendoza is handling your case, he did an outstanding job with my replacement.

I actually ordered from a comic shop in Australia, which is why it took so long to arrive. I was a little worried about how the replacement process would work since I ordered through them but they were really great about it. They e-mailed me a return label the same day that I called, and will be sending me a brand new one when they receive the damaged one. This was the first time I've ordered a statue from them, so it makes me feel really comfortable about ordering from there again. Great customer service.

hihi, I'm waiting on my reg too! Where did you order from? I'm still waiting on mine. :( (I'm in Melbourne btw) First time ordering through the LCS too.

hihi, I'm waiting on my reg too! Where did you order from? I'm still waiting on mine. :( (I'm in Melbourne btw) First time ordering through the LCS too.

I got mine through Popcultcha. They are in VIC and I'm in NSW, but they have free shipping for orders over $100.

So it's finally here! Pre-ordered this with collectiblesdirect.co.uk last may and paid it off in September and finally after months of waiting....

Was it worth the wait. Yes. Oh hell yes.

First off it's huge, its ridiculously huge for $500, i think it's a bargain for what you are getting compared to other PF pieces and busts.

Super fine details and great paints apps combined with the overall size and weight make this an amazing centrepiece and show piece of any collection!

1_zps5d8f18bc.jpg

2_zps25436390.jpg

3_zps6fc7031c.jpg

4_zpsdb47367c.jpg

5_zps90285df7.jpg

6_zps17ebbfe3.jpg

7_zps5e6675cc.jpg

8_zpsc5902947.jpg

9_zpsd2c35516.jpg

Big Congrats on an awesome piece DGK. :hi5: Your photos are excellent!

Did you have fun seating it on the base?

Great pics DGK I also got mine this week from the same great dealer. ...my pics are nowhere near as good as yours but he's just awesome
azu7uba2.jpg
ruvytyvy.jpg
a9y5y4ad.jpg
yva8y9un.jpg
ydapena8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back