Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics Mamba :hi5:
If all SS pieces came out this good I'd be a happy man and never complain.
The girl that Troy is supposed to be making should be interesting and would be a cool aftermarket add-on.

I think I will pass on the girl, I am happy with this dio the way it is.

Man the more I look at this beast the more I like it, I wish I can display it with the rotation base, so much going on in every angle.

First off- congrats! It IS an epic statue...very cool, very dynamic.

But, I just gotta say- if that's where you're displaying it, I can't think of a worse place for this particular piece.

Is that really where it's gonna stay?

Thanks.

For now yes, space is limited, I like it there, that's all that matter, right?

This dio is so heavy, pretty sure it's heavier than rhino and hulk combine.

I worked really hard putting this beast into the base because it's so damn heavy.

I know I'm so happy this came out like this been thinking about it since the reveal now if they could only. Give the new hulk pf the same treatment it would rekindle my trust in sideshow

I think I will pass on the girl, I am happy with this dio the way it is.

Man the more I look at this beast the more I like it, I wish I can display it with the rotation base, so much going on in every angle.

Yeah a motorized turntable would be awesome for this would have to be a heavy duty one though the weight would put extra strain on the motor

Thanks.

For now yes, space is limited, I like it there, that's all that matter, right?

:dunno

It's your call obviously.

Because of the composition of the action, this is a tricky piece to display to get a good view of the portraits (which are great) as well as the dynamics of both figures. If anything, the piece would need to be below eye level to even see the apes portrait. At that height, above eye level, you are really limiting a lot of it's impact.
At least I would think.

But that's the thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger. Looks cool and looks like an insanely good value right now...I just can't see getting a good display angle out of it for my situation.

As soon as I get back from the Monday Night game, I'm paying this thing off. I have to have it now.

Ditto will call sideshow and pay my last flex ahead of time need this beast :)

I tried to get mine early but customer service said the way they are coming in it wasn't possible I should get mine next Saturday maybe you guys will have better luck.

:dunno

It's your call obviously.

Because of the composition of the action, this is a tricky piece to display to get a good view of the portraits (which are great) as well as the dynamics of both figures. If anything, the piece would need to be below eye level to even see the apes portrait. At that height, above eye level, you are really limiting a lot of it's impact.
At least I would think.

But that's the thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger. Looks cool and looks like an insanely good value right now...I just can't see getting a good display angle out of it for my situation.

I think when people look at the statue and they see the conan hanging on to it they will not be able to resist and come in closer to the statue and will both be amazed and astonished by the the overall savagery and presence of this piece.

It's the kind of thing that when you look at you have to go in for a close up

If this statue was displayed in a glass case i would place some mirrors around it so you can see the details as well.

yeah, you really need mirrors or a 360 access to it to get the most out of it.

Don't mean to dog you Mamba...it's just that I'm fascinated by the challenges this piece poses for collectors. Next to Galactus, this is currently the only SS piece released that really impresses me. And given the closed (and relatively low) ES, it's going to be the one to increase the most in value in a short time. No question about it.
But even realizing that, it doesn't change the fact that this one is just a royal b*tch to display to the best advantage for most people.

But you're right- if you're happy, that's all that matters.

cheers!

Here are some of my pictures:

Box is HUGE and HEAVY, no joke:

IMG_2513.jpg

Statue is also very tall and bulky!! Dwarfs Colossus:

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Nice!!! :hi5:
Is there a sword hilt that fits in the scabbard on his back?

Nope - unfortunately not! That would have been a great option! There is the sword hand, but the sword does not go in the scabbard. I had to debate long and hard whether to go with the sword or the axe because both are great. I went with the axe because it is more brutal and bulkier looking.

For anyone who has it - it comes with a huge axe with broken handle which does not fit anywhere I can see - where is it supposed to go?!?!

I believe that axe goes on the base. Look at the second picture on page 85 post 875.

Last edited:
I'm getting the black version but I'm really interested to see how the white version turned out. Might have to pick up both if the white is as good as the black.

I dug through my box of paints and lucky for me I have the X-22 clear gloss.
Just touched up the apes mouth, eyes and wounds. Even got Conan's eyes and teeth. Looks better :)
Thanks for that tip Fremen, :duff

For those who are worried that there is no proper angle to display this statue - let me reassure you that there is a "proper" angle. It is from the left front side, that shows Conan from profile and most of his body. Every time I look over at this statue I feel happier and happier I got it!

Back