SS and Weta Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GG have also released a bust of Thorin as an exclusive bust, so if SS had a licence of any sort for the Hobbit surely they would have had an exclusive up.

Plus UC have announced they have the license for the swords and what's coming first.

So even if SS didn't have something to really show, if they had the license, I very much doubt they would keep that news to themselves during SDCC.

As such, I think it's very likely that Sideshow don't have a Hobbit license at this stage.

Maybe any of the SDCC attendees cared to ask the Sideshow staff about the Hobbit license? THE opportunity to get some first hand information after all! Though it all seems to indicate that they don't have the license (yet)...

Based on what we saw at comic-con I think it's safe to assume SS did not get a portion of the hobbit pie.

This is not bad. SS can continue with the great job they are doing with LOTR (PF and Maquette line) and Weta start the job with the Hobbit (and if all the statues are like the Comicon ones, I'm sure that I'll buy a lot of them).
The good notice for me is that Weta has site at UK and the people who lives in Europe doesn't have to pay the taxes (21% of the statue and the shipping cost +10 FedEx euros)...it will be cheaper

Unless SS really has no interest in The Hobbit (and I can't imagine that being the case), it would seem like a slap in the face to be left out. They're the natural choice when it comes to 1/4 mixed media pieces.

All will be answered shortly, I'd say.

Sigh, I really hope that is not true, and SS will get the license eventually for the Hobbit to create some amazing pieces of art for this epic journey ahead. I would be very disappointed if it did not happen... I guess time will tell.

Back