Sprint sucks...almost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been a die hard loyal Nextel customer for quite some time. But, in keeping with my complaint about everything I like getting cancelled, Sprint is cutting the throat of Nextel and Nextel will have beld out at the end of June.

So I puffed up my chest and beat on it like a bull gorilla a few times and called Sprint to tell them that if they wanted me to switch over to them, they would have to give me a free phone of my choice and let me move over with no contract. I figuresd that would show them and I would be talking to Verizon...

but they said OK...'cept they charged me 99 cents for the phone.

Bastards

:monkey3:monkey1

Sprint was my first carrier, back in like 1999. I still remember paying my bill on those ATM-esque weird machines they had in their locations.

I'm on Verizon because they're the only one who will give me a discount for being a school employee.

The phone that I chose is a Kyocera Torque. I had not heard of the phone before last week. But everyone I tell the story to tells me that it is an awesome phone.

I hope I find that to be the case.

I worked at Radioshack for several months after I. . .graduated with honors from college with my worthless social science BS degree. *not bitter*

Anyway, we sold both Verizon and Sprint cell phones, and Sprint was the one we mostly sold. Why? Because they had very lenient credit checks and most of the poor SOBs we had coming in with debt out the wazoo could still get them. Of course, there was a tradeoff, in that the service wasn't quite as good, and cost more. I have no idea if this is still the case though, but it was very much the case back in those days. We hated when some of these guys would want to get Verizon phones, because we knew we were wasting our time with the credit check that these schmucks were not going to be approved by.

And that's my Sprint story.

I had Sprint with my first cell phone. The reception was horrible. As soon as my contract was up (I think it was only one year) I switched to Verizon and I'm still with them. I've thought of changing over the years, but for where I live, Verizon really has the best coverage.

I had Sprint with my first cell phone. The reception was horrible. As soon as my contract was up (I think it was only one year) I switched to Verizon and I'm still with them. I've thought of changing over the years, but for where I live, Verizon really has the best coverage.

sprint is bad in this area too. I had them for a bit before jumping to verizon 3 contracts ago

sprint has been wanting to kill off nextel since they bought them

Yes they have been.

I had a Sprint tech tell me that Sprint hated Nextel customers because of their loyalty to their phones. They would never change phones and it cost Sprint a lot to maintain the older ones.

And I can say that this was true with me. The military spec phones that I got from Nextel were hard core and stood up to all punishment I put them through at work. I loved them and in the 8 or 9 years that I was with Nextel...I had only two phones...an i560 and an i886.

I am going to miss Nextel.

Back