SPR thread,FLAK GUN 20mm, TAKE IT OUT!, dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPR thread,Halftrack, Cover! dio.

Best dio on these forums to date.

Makes everyone else look like a total amateur. Doesn't get much more picture perfect that this.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Thanks Adrosi, the rest of the project has proven to be more difficult to complete, sections of a 1/6th town take a lot of time to build.

Cheers,
Peter.

Great work, Peter! Love the home backdrops as well.
On a side note, have to take issue with Spielberg about these two scenes--one, since when would three GI's take on a halftrack, and two, what would be the purpose of risking the entire mission by not sidestepping the MG42 nest?
Brainless scripting. In my opinion--wouldn't happen.
Regarding the MG42 scene: "Why don't we just go around? It's not our mission!"
"Our mission is to win the war." Well, NO, it's NOT actually, in the short term--the mission is to get Ryan out. :peace

Sorry, Peter. Rant Off

Great work, Peter! Love the home backdrops as well.
On a side note, have to take issue with Spielberg about these two scenes--one, since when would three GI's take on a halftrack, and two, what would be the purpose of risking the entire mission by not sidestepping the MG42 nest?
Brainless scripting. In my opinion--wouldn't happen.
Regarding the MG42 scene: "Why don't we just go around? It's not our mission!"
"Our mission is to win the war." Well, NO, it's NOT actually, in the short term--the mission is to get Ryan out. :peace

Sorry, Peter. Rant Off

Thanks Fangs of Death, I have absolutely no doubt that bad decisions where made during the conflict and sometimes with unexpected consequences but, even if that were not true, all I know is that the film was so powerful when first released that the audience trailed out of the cinema in front of me, some sobbing.
As a film it has it's faults but I have no need to defend it, many of the veterans who actually experienced D Day have done that already.

Thanks for your comments.
Cheers,
Peter.

Hi guys,

Heres my take on the sequence from the final battle scene of Saving Private Ryan where seargeant Horvath attempts to destroy the tiger tank advancing on the bridge with a bazooka.

I'm aware that the sequence isnt 100% movie accurate, I just wanted to capture the frantic action from the scene.

Here it is:
102_4840.jpg

102_4842.jpg

102_4843.jpg

102_4845.jpg

102_4846.jpg

102_4847.jpg

102_4848.jpg

102_4902.jpg

102_4900.jpg

102_4865.jpg

102_4866.jpg

102_4867.jpg

102_4868.jpg

102_4871.jpg

102_4876.jpg

102_4877.jpg

102_4879.jpg

102_4885.jpg

102_4880.jpg

"Reiben, displace!"

Hope you like this one guys!

All comments appreciated,

Cheers,
Peter.

Re: SPR thread,We'll take it, you fall back.

Incredible! Your sequence of photos really captured that scene's action elements. The detail of the strewn rubble is wonderfully complementary to your painting skills. Would love to see the set-up shot (if you have it) of the scene, ala the half-track scene or Nuevelle. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing man! Really great! Is that the dragon Sizemore? Also how'd you make the smoke effects?

Incredible! Your sequence of photos really captured that scene's action elements. The detail of the strewn rubble is wonderfully complementary to your painting skills. Would love to see the set-up shot (if you have it) of the scene, ala the half-track scene or Nuevelle. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks gravitashusker, for your reply, I'm glad that you enjoyed the sequence, set-up shot is added.

Cheers,
Peter.

Amazing man! Really great! Is that the dragon Sizemore? Also how'd you make the smoke effects?

Thanks Wake, the Sizemore is my own sculpt and the smoke effect is made with a blower.

Cheers,
Peter.

Re: SPR thread,We'll take it, you fall back,set pics

Amazing work here Peter!
The Bazooka firing at the tank looks incredibly realistic. Is the smoke trail and blast painted on the backdrop or done with photoshop? Pretty amazing how it works so well with the cotton smoke backblast.

Back