SPR thread,FLAK GUN 20mm, TAKE IT OUT!, dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPR thread,Sniper duel, with custom figures.

The forced perspectives in these dios are amazing! Gave me chills. And that sniper scene recreation? Bada$$.

I really hate to come off as corny, but I am gonna anyway.

Peter, I thank you and all the other customizers that share yer work with all of us on these boards. You, Mando, Evilface, 1Kmasks, and Seb are a few that come to mind. Taking what you see in your mind's eye and manipulating plastic, fabric, and paint to create a 1:6 scale work of art astounds me. It brings out the kid in me and that's a nice feeling. So, :clap:clap:clap:clap to all y'all.

I really hate to come off as corny, but I am gonna anyway.

Peter, I thank you and all the other customizers that share yer work with all of us on these boards. You, Mando, Evilface, 1Kmasks, and Seb are a few that come to mind. Taking what you see in your mind's eye and manipulating plastic, fabric, and paint to create a 1:6 scale work of art astounds me. It brings out the kid in me and that's a nice feeling. So, :clap:clap:clap:clap to all y'all.

COLOSSUS, I'm glad that our mutal enjoyment of the hobby is shared through the postings and my thanks go to you for expressing your very kind and appreciative thoughts.
:clap

Cheers,
peter.

I was going through this thread last night and I have to say you did some amazing dio work, Peter. Love the effort put into all these shots and the fact that go so far to really weather your figures be it w/ water, mud, or even the sand on the beach head. Shot for shot the sniper duel is my favorite but the entire thread is really fantastic! :clap

-X

I really like your dios man you seem to spend so much time on them and put in great details. Love the German sniper such a great scene :)

I really like your dios man you seem to spend so much time on them and put in great details. Love the German sniper such a great scene :)

I was going through this thread last night and I have to say you did some amazing dio work, Peter. Love the effort put into all these shots and the fact that go so far to really weather your figures be it w/ water, mud, or even the sand on the beach head. Shot for shot the sniper duel is my favorite but the entire thread is really fantastic! :clap

-X

Thanks guys, I appreciate your possitive comments.

Cheers,
Peter.

Re: SPR thread, Doc Wade down,custom dio.

102_6359.jpg

102_5792.jpg

102_6325.jpg

102_6328.jpg

102_6332.jpg

102_6334.jpg

102_6335.jpg

102_6337.jpg

102_6339.jpg

102_6340.jpg

All comments appreciated,
Cheers,
Peter.

Re: SPR thread,Steamboat Willie,custom dio.

Hi guys,

I've been promising to do this one for ages and I've finally managed to get everything together to get it right.

I'm sure you all know the scene, where the ranger squad first meets the real James Ryan after a skirmish with a german patrol in a hanomag.

before I show the pictures of this shoot I just want to show you the size of the background painting I had to use to make this shoot (And it was still too small!!! lol)

picture3724.jpg

picture3723.jpg

picture3719.jpg

Anyway, here's my re-creation of the scene in 1/6th.

Enjoy!:

spr2.jpg

"Half track, cover!"

spr3.jpg

spr4.jpg

spr5.jpg

spr6.jpg

spr16.jpg

"Move on their right flank! Take their right flank!"

spr17.jpg

spr18.jpg

"Hold on, make sure they're down!"

spr19.jpg

spr21.jpg

spr22.jpg

"101st, we're coming out!"

spr24.jpg

spr25.jpg

spr26.jpg

"That was a recon element, 2nd SS. We've been expecting a probe, that must've been it"

"Captain miller, charlie company, second rangers"

spr28.jpg

"Corporal Henderson, easy company, 501st"

spr29.jpg

"Ryan, 1st, 506th"

spr30.jpg

"PFC Tollemy, 3rd, 506th"

spr31.jpg

"James Francis Ryan?"

"Yes sir, how'd you guess that?"

spr32.jpg

spr33.jpg

spr34.jpg

Deffinately the biggest shoot I've ever done, I hope you enjoyed looking at it and I'm sorry there were so many pictures! lol

All comments appreciated,

Cheers,
Peter.

Re: SPR thread,Halftrack, Cover! dio.

Now that is Bloody Excellent and what a way to showcase them.
So plans to build a Huge indoor display using the backdrop?

Very nice work on the halftrack set up. Like the smoke effect from the germans being shot looks great. The customs came out great to.

Now that is Bloody Excellent and what a way to showcase them.
So plans to build a Huge indoor display using the backdrop?

Thanks big guy, I'm still trying ti build parts of the town for the final scene with the Tiger tank.

Cheers,
Peter.

Best dio on these forums to date.

Makes everyone else look like a total amateur. Doesn't get much more picture perfect that this.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

That is truly an epic scene you have setup. You have great skill with painting and dioramas... :hi5: :goodpost:

Back