spoilers...so whats with the movie cobra commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're using "everyone" as if the entire viewing audience of a film is familiar with the source material and a fan. That's just not the case. There will be countless people who have no clue what G.I. Joe is who will go and see this piece of crap and think it's awesome. That's just how it is. Most people who have no idea what G.I. Joe is will see this because 1) The action looks cool to them and/or 2) There's a particular actor in it they like. Simple.

Replace "everyone" with "any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect" and you'll get what he meant. ;)

really so there's footage out of cobra commander speaking and acting?

I thought that something was posted online that Cobra Commander never actually speaks that he is referred to as CC at the end of the film by Destro....

thenammagazine said:
Replace "everyone" with "any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect" and you'll get what he meant. ;)

ortiz344 said:
...but if it sucks ,looks ridiculous and is nothing like the CC any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect was wanting/expecting...?

Same response. Same point.

You're using "any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect" as if the entire viewing audience of a film is familiar with the source material and a fan. That's just not the case. There will be countless people who have no clue what G.I. Joe is who will go and see this piece of crap and think it's awesome. That's just how it is. Most people who have no idea what G.I. Joe is will see this because 1) The action looks cool to them and/or 2) There's a particular actor in it they like. Simple.

Same response. Same point.

You're using "any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect" as if the entire viewing audience of a film is familiar with the source material and a fan. That's just not the case. There will be countless people who have no clue what G.I. Joe is who will go and see this piece of crap and think it's awesome. That's just how it is. Most people who have no idea what G.I. Joe is will see this because 1) The action looks cool to them and/or 2) There's a particular actor in it they like. Simple.

Hey bub? Your point is invalid. Wouldn't the bolded part above qualify them as NOT being:

"any real G.I. Joe fan with an ounce of self respect"

You didn't pay attention to the gist of my post. :lol

Last edited:
I don't think you're getting the gist of what I'm saying bro. He asked:

wtf were they thinking?

And I replied:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No big studio is gonna dump 100's of millions of dollars on a movie strictly for hardcore fans that can only be appreciated by said fans. So yeah, they're gonna make changes to character designs and character back stories if they think THAT will appeal to a broader audience. That's just reality. A little kid under 10 isn't gonna give a flying F' about Cobra Commanders design being wrong. They're gonna love that POS figure. And love the character in the movie. That's the reality. Non-fans will like the look of the re-designed characters. They aren't gonna care about all the stuff people are crying about in here. And guess what? THOSE are the people that make or break products: Non-fans.

Was the Nintendo Wii successful because of die-hard Nintendo fans!? Hell No. It's because non-fans i.e. non-gamers love that system.

G.I. Joe fans will still pay to see this garbage because it's called G.I. Joe. Maybe not all.. but some. But this film will make the majority of it's money from non-fans.

I'm not even a GI Joe fan and I think he's crappy looking. A hood would've been sweet. Absolutly nothing wrong with it. I mean, unless the KKK changed from white to blue or somethin :dunno

Personally, as a movie producer or even an investor, I would've rather risked my millions on a surefire bet of only appealing to hardcore fans (the franchise is a million dollar franchise - if not a billion dollar one), than pissing off the target audience (remember, everybody involved has said they're making it "for the fans") and hoping to get new converts based on a silly burned wannabe freddy with a plastic see-through scrotum over his head. They're pulling a Street Fighter all the way with this colostomy bag of a movie. And I'll happily watch as it sinks faster than a meat turd at the box office. I'll honestly be surprised if it makes back it's budget on the theatrical release.

My post was in response to the creator of this thread.

But anyway, to your post, the Cobra Commander in this movie looks like ^^^^ and backstory leading up to becoming CC is stupid. I don't care how he is acted.

And I think he looks quite awesome. I've heard enough of the he looks like ^^^^, he doesn't have a hood, etc. ad nauseam by now and I agree the backstory is ridiculous and it would be awful if he had no dialogue, but are you really saying that aesthetic infidelity is worse than an accurate character portrayal?

Take for example V, hugo weaving was pretty good and gave some good moments to an otherwise terrible adaptation. It'd be silly to say that because it pooed on the source material that weaving's acting didn't matter. I'm simply hoping for some nice moments from a talented actor in what will no doubt be at minimum a disappointing film. As a Joe fan, I want to keep open minded. Tis all.

I'd just try to make a good movie, and sticking as close to the source material as possible.

Pleasing only the hardcores would not do well....it just ends up looking like a bunch of homages stuck together with a crappy story only the uber nerds would get. There IS a middle ground, as seen in TDK, Iron Man, Spider-Man 1-2, and Transformers.

And I think he looks quite awesome. I've heard enough of the he looks like ^^^^, he doesn't have a hood, etc. ad nauseam by now and I agree the backstory is ridiculous and it would be awful if he had no dialogue, but are you really saying that aesthetic infidelity is worse than an accurate character portrayal?

Take for example V, hugo weaving was pretty good and gave some good moments to an otherwise terrible adaptation. It'd be silly to say that because it pooed on the source material that weaving's acting didn't matter. I'm simply hoping for some nice moments from a talented actor in what will no doubt be at minimum a disappointing film. As a Joe fan, I want to keep open minded. Tis all.

All find and dandy.....but seriously....CC looks like ^^^^. :lol

Street Fighter The Movie had Raul Julia. Name one redeeming quality from that flick. You don't have to eat a turd to know it tastes like ^^^^.

Personally, as a movie producer or even an investor, I would've rather risked my millions on a surefire bet of only appealing to hardcore fans (the franchise is a million dollar franchise - if not a billion dollar one), than pissing off the target audience (remember, everybody involved has said they're making it "for the fans") and hoping to get new converts based on a silly burned wannabe freddy with a plastic see-through scrotum over his head. They're pulling a Street Fighter all the way with this colostomy bag of a movie. And I'll happily watch as it sinks faster than a meat turd at the box office. I'll honestly be surprised if it makes back it's budget on the theatrical release.

Agreed 100% I'm just stating the reality of it.

There is NOTHING awesome looking about the movie CC. He looks terrible.

Rise%20Of%20Cobra%20Cobra%20Commander_0.JPG

You can't compare movie CC to movie V. Weaving did a fantastic job AND looked just like the character from the book.

Lol. It's Wolverine Origins all over again

Not really. Despite the story being flat, Wolverine was still Wolverine. Now if the movie had been called "X-Men Origins: Deadpool," that comment would be more valid, because what they did to Deadpool (aka Weapon XI) is pretty much what they're doing to G.I. Joe. :lol

Not really. Despite the story being flat, Wolverine was still Wolverine. Now if the movie had been called "X-Men Origins: Deadpool," that comment would be more valid, because what they did to Deadpool (aka Weapon XI) is pretty much what they're doing to G.I. Joe. :lol

What I meant by it being wolverine origins all over again is when the first figure of Deadpool came out, that's when everybody realised how awful he was going to look in the movie. It seems to be happening all over again with this figure.

Back