Spike has shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo. And I thank God that they don't worry about what he looks like without the clothes on and concentrate on what he looks like on my shelf :D

I am not worried about what Spike looks like underneath. Heck, I never lifted up my Buffy's skirt to expose her bare ass cheeks like a certain individual who not only did that, but took pictures of it on a certain toy review site. :monkey3

Just teasing you Michael!

I just found pictures from a link someone posted on here that showed what Spike looked underneath, and having my Cap, while he's a different story altogether because his outfit is conformed to the shape and contours of his body, it was still somewhat disappointing to see how ugly Spike's body looked underneath. In all honesty had I not seen those pictures I wouldn't have made the gripe in the first place. However, that wasn't the case. hehe

This of course will not deter my decision away from making that potential purchase, but it's now knowledge I have, and wished I didn't. That's all.

I'm just glad I went after the Captain America PF when I did because the Spike Exclusive PF is still available on SideShow's website. When I get Spike, he will be displayed fully clothed and will be a visual splendor in my ever growing collection that has now encompassed my entire pad. lol

I know that it's the desire to have a pristine collectible, but I think it's kind of funny that people would want Spike's jeans to be wrinkle free, or object to holes in his tshirt. After all, this is SPIKE we're talking about! He's the epitome of punk vampire. Probably ripped them buttons off himself!
Very true! If I had to pick a nit about Spike, it would be that his clothes look too clean and new.

He fought, killed, shagged, and caught fire in those clothes! But look at them! Not a crease in his coat, a worn spot on his jeans, nor a scuff on his shoes!

has anyone from the UK got theirs yet?
My status is still saying order placed. Ive never ordered from here, so can anyone tell me what this means?
Wayne

They haven't been shipped to the UK warehouse yet, I think. I gess EU customers will get him in a couple of weeks, hopefully.

Very true! If I had to pick a nit about Spike, it would be that his clothes look too clean and new.

He fought, killed, shagged, and caught fire in those clothes! But look at them! Not a crease in his coat, a worn spot on his jeans, nor a scuff on his shoes!

You're absolutely right of course. His duster is not weathered, nor is his boots.

When I finally get him I'm going to have a go at breaking down his boots, and I'll see what can be done with his coat, but as it's synthetic it may be more difficult to do unlike if it had been made in leather which takes weathering beautifully.

You're absolutely right of course. His duster is not weathered, nor is his boots.

When I finally get him I'm going to have a go at breaking down his boots, and I'll see what can be done with his coat, but as it's synthetic it may be more difficult to do unlike if it had been made in leather which takes weathering beautifully.

I think i might so the same aswell

Normal acrylic should work on the boots AND should work on the Duster too. Ive used the same paint that i use on customs to weather the Leatherette on my Charmed Book of Shadows. True, it doesnt soak into it as well as leather but it should still work.

I think a nice dusty sandy colour, drybrushed on would do nicely

Nice idea Sue

Wayne

If it had been leather I could have distressed it better by lightly sanding back certain highpoints on the coat. But sadly that sort of thing doesn't work on that type of synthetic fabric.

I'm also tempted to get rid of that hideous base, and make something of my own.

If it had been leather I could have distressed it better by lightly sanding back certain highpoints on the coat. But sadly that sort of thing doesn't work on that type of synthetic fabric.

I'm also tempted to get rid of that hideous base, and make something of my own.

well.im sure you will come up with something for the distressing.
But i dont think the base is base, its just that stupid logo. You could always just resculpt something and place it over the logo?

I'm not a fan of huge built up bases like that. I prefer the figure to be the center of attention, not the base.

So I will try and sculpt a more naturalistic base suitable to him. Maybe a section of alleyway floor, with a few bits of trash, and bottles lying around.

So it's been 6 business days and I still haven't heard back from SS concerning my damaged vamp head. Should I send another email or maybe give them a call?

I e-mailed them on the 5th, and I just got the return authorization today. You're probably fine. Apparently, the returns department is just really backed up.

I just got my SIDESHOW ORDER NOTIFICATION! what ever that is (ive never ordered from here before. But it says my order has been successfully processed.

This item is estimated to ship to you (from our EU warehouse) the second or third week of August.

I cant wait, its just taking longer than i expected. Ive never pre ordered an item before ha ha ha

Wayne

Blimey, second or third week in August! I was hoping we'd get him end of this month, or first week in August.

Oh well. It'll be worth the wait I'm sure.:eek:

Back