Spidey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Not many are on Squider's level in that arena, that's for sure. We'll have to keep P1X4R out as well. If I do mine tonight, it will probably be in the wee hours of the night/morning :lol

Here's mine:

Spider-ManPremiumFormat-Exclusive1.jpg

At the end of the day, it's still one of the highlights of my collection. I'm sure the comiquette will look great, but I'd never sell this piece.

I love this piece and have always wanted one. I won't pay 2X retail though. When is the comiquette suppose to debut? Have there been any teaser pics?

Sorry i'm a total newb when it comes to Sideshow Marvel. :eek:

No teasers on an actual sculpt, but there is an "unofficial" sketch floating around (I think it's earlier in this thread)

I have the Exclusive version of it.

The pose is dynamic, it really looks like it is going to shoot a web out at you. And it goes fantastic with the Green Goblin PF and the Attakus Green Goblin 1/4 scale.

My knock on it is the symbol on the back could have been done a bit better.

As for the "shine" some refer to of the spandex, IMO, it suits the piece perfectly well.

Some also have said it is in a "poop" pose. I could not disagree more. IMO, the dynamic web shooting pose calls for the piece to be crouched low. IMO, it is nowhere even near what some others have described.

Perhaps the lines on the spidey could have been painted a bit closer also.

I am not sure whether or not there will be more for sale after the commiquette or less. I can only tell you that I will be keeping mine, and buying the commiquette. I also went to the expense of having Stan Lee sign mine, with a pic, this is how much I like it.

If you are a Spidey fan, get it. If you can, get the exclusive, or get the regular and buy a camera toy of that size to poze with it. The camera hanging over the pillar really adds a subtle, yet very noticeable cool touch.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

chapter's photo is one of the best i have seen of spidey...i am sure that one day i will own this piece..if ss doesnt release anything else i want until april then i will buy one surely...:peace:peace

That's what you say now.... :devil

He's staying put. With the arrival of Venom, he can't afford to leave me stranded with such chaos brewing. :lol

chapter's photo is one of the best i have seen of spidey...i am sure that one day i will own this piece..if ss doesnt release anything else i want until april then i will buy one surely...:peace:peace

Thanks, ece. You'd love this piece too. :rock Keep an eye out on Ebay. They always turn up!!!

Thanks, ece. You'd love this piece too. :rock Keep an eye out on Ebay. They always turn up!!!

yeah i know..the 'problem' is that ss releases every week a new amazing statue...i hope until the new iron man we wont see any hulk,spiderman,doom,thanos,cyclops..that's impossible though...

yeah i know..the 'problem' is that ss releases every week a new amazing statue...i hope until the new iron man we wont see any hulk,spiderman,doom,thanos,cyclops..that's impossible though...

Good point. :lol

I've always liked this piece and at one point had all 4 on display in my case. The 'retro' version was always my favorite, but IMO would have looked much better as a comiquette... the fabric looked a bit off to me. Not bad, just off.

Look for a custom 'retro' version of this in comiquette form in the future :D

I will say that this was my first Marvel piece, and I've ALWAYS loved it...... The pose is pretty accurate depiction of the iconic Marvel character, and my favorite part of this piece is THE BASE! You don't see too many bases now that incorporate many elements like this one :cool:

My 2c

While I'm more a LOTR collector then anything else, I was always a Spidey fan as a kid, be it the cartoon series or the original movies.

Since I started collecting high-end statues rather late, the PF was already long sold out and it just cost too much from oversea's. Then one day, the Reg showed up on local ebay at a price I couldn't believe. As such I jumped on it and am so glad I did.

I know he tends to get mostly opposite opinions from ppl, but for me I think he's great. The mixed media works well, the base is perfect and the pose just screams classic Spidey abut to shoot out a web and leap into action across the cityscape.

I will say that this was my first Marvel piece, and I've ALWAYS loved it...... The pose is pretty accurate depiction of the iconic Marvel character, and my favorite part of this piece is THE BASE! You don't see too many bases now that incorporate many elements like this one :cool:

This is the piece that made us friends. Remember those days? :chew

I never liked the pictures for this statue and never ordered it, but picked up a reg version for $170 I think not long after it came out. I have a rule that most statues do not look nearly as good in photo form as they do in person and this statue is definitely one of the prime examples.
I have to say I like the statue but it is not worth what they are going for now...
The main problem I have is that it's base - which looks great - is far too low especially for a crouched and already small character. Sideshow really do need to bring some intelligence and consistency to their base heights...Spidey's left leg should have been at least half an inch higher on a taller base.
The fabric/polystone combo is pretty good, but comes up a bit short when you get right up close and examine it. For normal viewing it is pretty neat. The spider on his back is junk.
I took a couple of snaps for you with the other 2 PF's you have already so you can know what it will look like if you decide to get one.
It's a tough choice, you could be waiting for over a year for a comiquette version to be released. If you must have one try for a regular since they are cheaper and the camera isn't the best EX ever.

P1000467.jpg

P1000466.jpg

P1000464.jpg

P1000465.jpg

INFECDEAD nice photos!!!and a great display!!i cannot understand why some dont like it...:confused::confused::confused:

I never liked the pictures for this statue and never ordered it, but picked up a reg version for $170 I think not long after it came out. I have a rule that most statues do not look nearly as good in photo form as they do in person and this statue is definitely one of the prime examples.
I have to say I like the statue but it is not worth what they are going for now...
The main problem I have is that it's base - which looks great - is far too low especially for a crouched and already small character. Sideshow really do need to bring some intelligence and consistency to their base heights...Spidey's left leg should have been at least half an inch higher on a taller base.
The fabric/polystone combo is pretty good, but comes up a bit short when you get right up close and examine it. For normal viewing it is pretty neat. The spider on his back is junk.
I took a couple of snaps for you with the other 2 PF's you have already so you can know what it will look like if you decide to get one.
It's a tough choice, you could be waiting for over a year for a comiquette version to be released. If you must have one try for a regular since they are cheaper and the camera isn't the best EX ever.

P1000467.jpg

P1000466.jpg

P1000464.jpg

P1000465.jpg

Thanks I appreciate the great pics.

I think I definitely want to pick one up but one of my concerns is although its technically 1/4 scale, it definitely looks smaller when compared to the other 1/4 pieces. I assume thats mostly due to the fact that Spidey is a little scrawnier than the other characters and the compact pose this piece is in. I still want to see this in person.

Just need to find one for a price I can live with. I just cant justify paying more than $350 for a regular and more than $400 for an ex at this time.

I have him next to the first Iron Man comiquette and they look great together. He is also next to Darth Maul and looks the irght size compared to him too. I think its just that some of the other supers are very large (Cap is massive!) so he looks tiny.

Back