Speeder Bike and Scout - What did you do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you decide to do about the Speeder Bike and Scout PF?

• Ordered from Sideshow - AND I'M KEEPIN' IT!

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Ordered from Sideshow - Will cancel if the ES is too high

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Ordered from Sideshow - Will cancel if funds are too tight

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Ordered from another dealer

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • I'm still on the fence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • It's nice, but it's too expensive for my blood

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Not interested at all - no order from me!

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters
Idioteque said:
I'm with Choopie, this one should qualify for free shipping! Would stop me searching elsewhere.

Free shipping has been offered on comparably priced items, but I'm not sure whether the free shipping was offered (on the Predator 1:1 bust, for example) at the time of preorder, or later as an incentive to push unsold stock. I think they know that these guys are going to sell whether they charge for shipping or not.

The free shipping is the one thing that might have saved the sure to come wave of cancellations. Sideshow could have played this one a bit better:

1. Sideshow is banking on the buzz this created at the Convention.
2. They state the price and everyone rolls their eyes but accepts it because how elaborate and ambitious the piece is.
3. People are reasonable to the use of some ABS because of how impressive this thing is.
4. A low ES is hinted at with a PPO date and time.
5. Preorder goes up with a TBD ES with no free shipping. No website streamlining.
6. Retailers are offering this at about $100 less with no sales tax for those in CA.
7. Almost 6 hours later, there is no sell out.

I don't believe that they have reached 500 preorders yet. I recall the Darkness PF Ex lasting almost a week after they obviously adjusted the ES. I know is not SW and not the same price but certainly the same level of hype for a piece after a convention.

Vader AL said:
so does this mean that Maul is the last SW PF for 2007?

He's most likely the last PF for SW, LOTR, and Marvel this year. My CC is breathing a sigh of relief because it's going to take me a few months to recover after the onslaught of the past 6 weeks and then next month on top of that.

Darth Loki said:
He's most likely the last PF for SW, LOTR, and Marvel this year. My CC is breathing a sigh of relief because it's going to take me a few months to recover after the onslaught of the past 6 weeks and then next month on top of that.

Well I hope we get another Marvel PF and at last get to see Gandalf.

JustinLuck said:
Does anyone who owns one have pics?

Here's mine:

speederhd4.jpg

speederpairky8.jpg

wow I didnt realize how small the statue was. Compared to the mini bust that puts things into perspective.

Collector Freak said:
20060106_4_bg.jpg

I honestly think that one is much more badass. Plus, no rod up the speeders bottom.

Interesting how none of Sideshows pictures shows the rod or base.

Dude, I like GG oo, but do you HAVE to pimp them every time SS releases something I'll tell you what you can do with that rod.

KitFisto said:
Dude, I like GG oo, but do you HAVE to pimp them every time SS releases something I'll tell you what you can do with that rod.

Much more bad ass the GG piece is not. I love the GG piece, it's actually my favorite GG statue. But the SS PF will blow this out of the water.

Though I do agree with CF about the pole up the but of the PF :monkey4

I still really hope they can make that a clear acrylic so it isn't so obvious.

Idioteque said:
I'm with Choopie, this one should qualify for free shipping! Would stop me searching elsewhere.

Yeah...especially for us overseas folk...Free-Shipping would come in mighty handy!

And, I ordered it...but it depends on ES and finances as to whether I keep it or not....But, at 1/4 scale, this will look AMAZING!:google

Bullseye said:
Well I hope we get another Marvel PF and at last get to see Gandalf.

I meant the last to ship. I certainly expect to see both of the above at SDCC. It's been a while since the last Marvel PF (I mean the Cap PF is shipping in about a week) and you don't want another LOTR PF tyrade out of me do you :monkey3

Well, it looks like I need to change my poll selection to "I'm Keeping It" as it seems that getting it cheaper from a dealer is no longer going to be an option!

It will be nice to get this the day after it ships, that's for sure.

The GG is a great statue. Their idea for getting the bike to hover is genius. But it sacrifices the dynamism of the PF. And a PF, by nature, is more realistic than just a statue, so the the PF kicks the GG statue twice in it's "badass" butt.

Darklord Dave said:
The GG is a great statue. Their idea for getting the bike to hover is genius. But it sacrifices the dynamism of the PF. And a PF, by nature, is more realistic than just a statue, so the the PF kicks the GG statue twice in it's "badass" butt.

I certainly hope so as this is going to kick my CC in the butt when it ships :monkey4

tomandshell said:
My Visa card is going to squirt soda out of its nose when that preauthorization goes through.

Well hopefully they can schedule out the 3 LOTR PF's they're going to preview at SDCC to make it less painful :monkey3

Darklord Dave said:

I wouldn't even bother to compare them like that. The GG would be hard to beat *in its scale* but the PF will have the "Would you look at the size of that" edge.

Back