1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved TFA & TLJ...I don't feel like they screwed the movies, and I eagerly look forward to EP.9. I own the Rey and Kylo figures for both films, and will probably get the figures if they are released for EP.9 Hot Toys.

I did kinda feel like they screwed up TFA and TLJ (especially on first viewings,) but I'm still interested to see what happens with EP.9. If there's something cool design or costume wise I'd consider a Ep.9 figure but the costume leak hasn't got me very excited other than Richard E Grant as an Imperial officer would be an instant buy for me. Not guaranteed of course if he's a more supporting player vs a Krennic type.

It's a bummer that Rey's outfits really haven't changed much - Luke had such distinct outfits from movie to movie representing his growth/journey, but the leaked costumes seems to indicate Rey never has much variation through the entire ST. It's as if they did Luke in ESB and ROTJ wearing slightly differently shaded (all earthen) versions of his same farmboy outfit. No "dress up" for Rey (like end of ANH for Luke/Leia) or pilot uniform or something really different like Luke all in black.

If he honored what he fought for .....Yes.

And Sir, I am not ignorant. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming everyone for the film EXCEPT the actor who played him.

Clearly our disagreement lies in the fact that you believe someones moral convictions has limit where they should not do what they feel because the personal price would be too great.

I myself say if you feel strongly about something morally , no amount of money/loss should dissuade you from making the choice you feel is right.

This is our disagreement.

I wouldn't really call it a moral dilemma or betrayal of convictions.

At the end of the day these are just movies. Disney isn't telling him to club baby seals to death onscreen. They are just making a movie that a lot of fans (and probably himself) feels does a very poor job of doing the character justice.

I often think that my boss or the higher ups in charge are idiots. Doesn't mean I feel that I am a hypocrite or betraying my principals every time I just go along with their decisions for the sake of keeping my job.

Rumor has it that there are red Stormtroopers. I really hope the changed the designs and not just a repaint.

I guess they could bring this guy into the movies.

ee00fae82c2bc18c0678f84b34a93128.jpg

It's a bummer that Rey's outfits really haven't changed much - Luke had such distinct outfits from movie to movie representing his growth/journey, but the leaked costumes seems to indicate Rey never has much variation through the entire ST. It's as if they did Luke in ESB and ROTJ wearing slightly differently shaded (all earthen) versions of his same farmboy outfit. No "dress up" for Rey (like end of ANH for Luke/Leia) or pilot uniform or something really different like Luke all in black.

I'm fine with them staying with her main look, but agree it would have been cool to see her in something very different for a scene or two, like a pilot uniform or First Order disguise or something. We've seen Finn in a variety of outfits so far, but not Rey for some reason.

I loved TFA & TLJ...I don't feel like they screwed the movies, and I eagerly look forward to EP.9. I own the Rey and Kylo figures for both films, and will probably get the figures if they are released for EP.9 Hot Toys.

Just watched TLJ last night. I tell ya, Rose Tico is BY FAAAAR the most annoying Star Wars character to me in so many ways!!! If done properly, her character could have actually added a bit to the story and maybe even have turned out well. However, her character was just done in the worst way.

It's a bummer that Rey's outfits really haven't changed much -

To be fair, Rey in two entire movies takes place in the same amount of time as Weekend at Bernie's did. How many outfit changes did they have in that movie? I think the 3 outfits she got is/was plenty.

if I love it like TFA,I will get the next Rey
if I hate it like TLJ,I will sell my Reys
btw I have them all so far

Just watched TLJ last night. I tell ya, Rose Tico is BY FAAAAR the most annoying Star Wars character to me in so many ways!!! If done properly, her character could have actually added a bit to the story and maybe even have turned out well. However, her character was just done in the worst way.

I found Jar-Jar and Anakin far more annoying.

I found Jar-Jar and Anakin far more annoying.

In order of irritation:

Jar-Jar
Baby Anakin
Special Edition Max Rebo Band (Take me right out of the film every time.)
Rose Tico
Teen "Sand Hatin'" Anakin
Elan Sleazebaggano (Would rate higher but his appearance was very brief)
Dexter Jettster (Would rate higher but his appearance was also very brief)
Ewoks
Threepio

There are probably others but not off the top of my head. Rose's character is a by-product of the script and not inherently annoying like say, the SE Rebo band or Jar-Jar.

In order of irritation:

Jar-Jar
Baby Anakin
Rose Tico
Ewoks
Threepio

There are probably others but not off the top of my head. Rose's character is a by-product of the script and not inherently annoying like say, the SE Rebo band or Jar-Jar.

Young Anakin DEF was annoying as hell. But 3PO!? Oh man, he’s just a robot trying to make his way in the universe!

Seriously though... when’s HotToys going to give us an Episode I Anakin?

To be fair, Rey in two entire movies takes place in the same amount of time as Weekend at Bernie's did. How many outfit changes did they have in that movie? I think the 3 outfits she got is/was plenty.

It doesn't mean she couldn't have been in a pilot outfit, disguise or changed into something else as dave was saying. And time distortions in TFA and TLJ is weird anyway - I mean you watch them back to back and TFA ends on Rey holding out the saber to Luke, then TLJ starts with a long battle, then we cut back to the exact same moment of Rey still holding out the saber.

Last Valentine's day could have been a treat for you...:lol

kf5vuIE.png

ZaIuqRL.png

In order of irritation:

Jar-Jar
Baby Anakin
Rose Tico
Ewoks
Threepio

I can't believe we have neurons that cling onto these names, faces and moments - the Sleaze bag-o guy.:slap:slap:lol Honestly, there's a bunch of PT characters that seem to have been named not for five year olds, but by five year olds (I think JarJar was named by GL"s daughter or something)

[...]

I can't believe we have neurons that cling onto these names, faces and moments - the Sleaze bag-o guy.:slap:slap:lol Honestly, there's a bunch of PT characters that seem to have been named not for five year olds, but by five year olds (I think JarJar was named by GL"s daughter or something)

LOL...can't unsee it or get those moments in time back. :horror

I think the intention was for that initial battle in TLJ to be revealed as a flashback, and what took place as Rey was travelling to Ahch-To and climbing up the mountain to see Luke. Since that's obviously a much longer climb than the compressed version we saw.

I think the intention was for that initial battle in TLJ to be revealed as a flashback, and what took place as Rey was travelling to Ahch-To and climbing up the mountain to see Luke. Since that's obviously a much longer climb than the compressed version we saw.

There doesn't seem to be anything onscreen that suggests it was intended as a flashback - like them cutting to someone "remembering" it (flashbacks tend to be form someone's perspective, or part of an overall flashback/present day intercutting.) Where did you hear that idea of the flashback? I'm confused as to why the sequence would need be a flashback.

Well it just seems more likely to me than the first Rey/Luke scene in TLJ being a flashback. Or the two of them just staring at each other for 20 minutes while the space battle was going on. Lol

Well it just seems more likely to me than the first Rey/Luke scene in TLJ being a flashback. Or the two of them just staring at each other for 20 minutes while the space battle was going on. Lol

In the visual dictionary, Ahch-To is supposed to be like Dagobah where time is iffy/slower. So I don't think there is actually a solidified passing of time for Rey/Luke on Ahch-To. In fact, I think in the movie Finn and Poe even mention having x hours left before they're toast - and Rey is on the island for at least a few day/night cycles from what we see.

Back